Diablo® III

Commonly Asked Questions - Check Here First!

Support Forum Agent
Greetings Adventurers,

Since the release of the Ultimate Evil Edition, we've seen some recurring questions pop up across the forums. We encourage you to read through the following in case these apply to you:

Why can't I connect online to Ultimate Evil Edition games through the PS4?

We are currently investigating this issue and are collecting information from affected players in this thread.

Why can't I connect to the Diablo III server on Xbox Live?

[UPDATE] 9/3 – The corrective patch for Ultimate Evil Edition on the Xbox One (26590) is now live. This patch should resolve any difficulties Xbox One users were experiencing when multiple consoles were attempting to connect to online UEE games through the same router. If anyone continues to experience further Xbox One connection issues, please refer to the following Xbox One network support page or contact Microsoft directly for specific console assistance.

-------------

[UPDATE] 8/21 - We believe we've identified the cause of the issue affecting Xbox One users (as noted below), and the resolution will require a forthcoming patch that we are currently working on. We don’t expect it to be too long before this corrective patch goes live, however we do not have an exact ETA to share as of this update. We will be sure to provide more information here as soon as we can. Thank you for your continued patience, we appreciate it!

-------------

We are currently aware of an issue that is causing players to receive the following message when attempting to play Ultimate Evil Edition on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One:

"The Diablo III server is not available at this time. Please try again later."

To be clear, many Xbox players are able to connect online to Ultimate Evil Edition at this time. A common factor linking affected players is having two Xbox One system connecting through the same router. This scenario doesn't comprise all the reports we've received, however, only the majority of them.

Although we do not have a resolution to offer at this time, we are continuing to investigate and will be sure to update this thread as soon as more information becomes available. Thanks to everyone who is affected for your continued patience!

What happened to my Infernal Pauldrons?

We've received a few reports from PS4 players noting that they have been unable to claim their Infernal Pauldrons.

This issue appears to be related to a license not properly being applied to some players' SEN accounts after entering the item code. Luckily, we have identified a workaround that should help most of you get past this issue:

1. Navigate to the Settings option on the PS4 Dynamic Menu

2. Select "PSN"

3. Select "Restore Licenses"

4. Re-launch Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and you should find your preorder item in your inventory

Additionally, please ensure that your console is connected to the internet, as downloading the available patch over PSN is required to collect the item.

I linked my XBL and SEN accounts, so where is my Signet Ring of the Blizzard?

After you've successfully linked your Sony Entertainment Network and Xbox Live accounts via Battle.net, launch Ultimate Evil Edition and create a new game. Once you're in game, visit your newest town hub and open your Shared Stash. Under the "Ring" category, you should see your Signet Ring of the Blizzard. If you do not see the ring, try relogging into the game after waiting a few minutes.

For more information on account linking, click here.
Edited by Araxom on 9/3/2014 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
08/19/2014 08:12 PMPosted by BreakdowN
Go figure, more problems.

The game just launched. But if you can do a better job, go right ahead. We will be waiting.
Reply Quote
Figured it out. If you're on strict it won't let you join. Just restarted my modem and router and now my NAT is open and my room mate and I are now playing.

Please, every single game to come out has issues. The whole point of their job is to make sure it works. This one was easy, but every launch has issues and you'd figure they would have it figured out by now.
Reply Quote
Wife and I having the two xbox one problem... she can connect and I cannot. First time we've ever seen this and we play every multiplayer title right next to each other with two xbox ones and two physical copies of the game.
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 08:23 PMPosted by BreakdowN
Figured it out. If you're on strict it won't let you join. Just restarted my modem and router and now my NAT is open and my room mate and I are now playing.

Please, every single game to come out has issues. The whole point of their job is to make sure it works. This one was easy, but every launch has issues and you'd figure they would have it figured out by now.

Wife and I both show open NAT, I restarted our modem and router and we both did a hard restart on our xbox ones and it is still doing the exact same thing. Only lets one person log in at a time.
Reply Quote
Both of my Xbox ones are OPEN, every single game i own such as titanfall, battlefield and COD all work perfectly. My one xbox logs in fine, but the other can never obtain a connection to the diablo servers. It doesnt even seem to try and log in to them the second i hit the button the error pops up. I have reset my modem and router and nothing worked. I even turned off my xbox that does log in and reset my modem and router thinking the xbox that doesnt work would now work and it still does not connect. I am completely stumped
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
Yeah wife and I both have open NAT, that is not the issue.
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 08:25 PMPosted by Splattered
Wife and I having the two xbox one problem... she can connect and I cannot. First time we've ever seen this and we play every multiplayer title right next to each other with two xbox ones and two physical copies of the game.

08/19/2014 08:44 PMPosted by KeFkA666
Both of my Xbox ones are OPEN, every single game i own such as titanfall, battlefield and COD all work perfectly. My one xbox logs in fine, but the other can never obtain a connection to the diablo servers. It doesnt even seem to try and log in to them the second i hit the button the error pops up. I have reset my modem and router and nothing worked. I even turned off my xbox that does log in and reset my modem and router thinking the xbox that doesnt work would now work and it still does not connect. I am completely stumped

08/19/2014 09:35 PMPosted by Nahri
Yeah wife and I both have open NAT, that is not the issue.

Well, my wife and I have not had an issue yet playing together. But, when my room mate went to get on it we couldn't connect. Said the servers were down, and it said that last night as well. I restarted my router and modem and both tested the connection in the network settings and we have been able to play since. Not really sure why.
Reply Quote
Any fix yet for the 360 to PS4: Save not Found issue? I've got a few friends with this issue

I'm on the One though, but I thought I'd ask here for them.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
View profile
The answer to the question of "why people on both platforms are unable to play with people from their friends list" should be added to the list.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 8/20/2014 3:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i have the issue not being able to join anyone's games even my friends i try to join quick match or my friends game and i get trapped in a never ending load screen please fix this because it's messed up to have a co-op or multiplayer game and not be able to do either of them i try joining him and i get stuck in a never ending load screen he try's joining me he gets a error message both our NAT's r open but still can't join him or anyone
Reply Quote
Hi!

I also cannot connect to Diablo 3 servers at the same time with my wife using two xbox one systems and one router. This is the only game that happens. I even contacted MS about this, but they couldn´t figure out a solution for me. Yesterday I tried 12 times to play and I did get to play once, but today I tried again and the same error happens: the first one to connect to the game can play online and the second gets the server not available message.

To be clear, I have two xbox ones (side by side) and One digital copy of Diablo, as I do with all my games. All my friends that did that with Diablo can play online, but none of them are trying to play using the same router.
Edited by rafoca#1856 on 8/20/2014 4:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've done all of the above the ring, linking my SEN account and Battlenet, and still nothing. I've tried resetting my licenses, and nothing. I've rebooted my ps4, and still empty handed.

any other ideas?
Reply Quote
No patch on 360.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Shaman
Same problem here. Brother and I are playing on different consoles (xbox ones) and only one of us is able to connect to the d3 servers.
I really hope this gets sorted out in the next day or so...total waste of money right now, we just wanted to be able to play together.
Reply Quote
Me and my friends cant connect on the diablo 3 for ps4
Reply Quote
What is that third stat that used to be your health amount? Next to damage and armour.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
the best way i got to make it work was keep pressing the back button(don't know what its called now on the xbox 1) and changing the room to invite only. did this for about a minute or two straight and it usually connects eventually
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
I am having similar issues, but not because of multiple xbox on one router. Have no trouble playing the game solo, but when I try to join a friend I get stuck in a never ending loading screen. Friends can't join me says theres a problem with joining, but they can play together. Tried to submit a ticket but sends me to Microsoft support, gave it a shot and they didn't know what to do seeing how all of our networks are open nat. I even tried to delete all content and reinstall completely losing a lvl 14 character, and still didn't work. One interesting thing in my friends lobby I can join it shows me but seconds later i disappear from their screen and they can't see my character anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]