Diablo® III

Picked up a "Gift" yesterday...

Hello

We came over from the 360 to PS4 and so far really impressed with everything though we lost our Challenges. We picked up wher we left off on ACT III and went with Torent III since we were doing Master II & III on the 360. We did one of the dungeons outside the Castle Walls and a small box all bysitself with a bow on it just laying on the ground. Walked up and said, "Gift for Darknght"...so I sent it; wha it was no idea

So I was wondering if the more people you have on your friends list playing this the more chances you possibly have(?) to send and get a gift. I'd like to know what are the odds & chances of these dropping, does level and difficulty matter or what. I might just go down the line and add everyone on the PS4...

BuzzZaw82
Nashville TN...Central Time
Reply Quote
I to picked one up last night. I was on a fresh Crusader lvl 11 and beat the Skeleton King and a present dropped. Difficulty was on normal. I dont think difficulty has anything to do with them, probably just rng luck or certain baddies have the chance of dropping them? All I know is they hold a legendary item. Might log in my wife's account and see what it is since the person listed to give it to was my wife. Happy early Anniversary babe! Lol
Reply Quote
I want to know if game mode makes a difference. what I mean is, if I play my HC toon, will I get a gift to give to my friends in SC or will I only get gifts to give to people playing HC?
Reply Quote
I would love information on this as well. I received a gift from one friend and had a gift to give another. Are these regularly occurring? What table are these legendaries generated from?
Reply Quote
My girl and I were playing last night on expert, and when she picked up a legendary it came with a gift for me. she sent it and i picked it up in town, it was a different legendary. pretty cool, but hasn't happened since.
Reply Quote
I got one at 18 for my brother he opened it on his 60 barb and got a level 60 legendary shield, though he did not say which one.
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Shaman
I noticed that every time you kill a Nemesis a gift drops that is for the person that was killed. This could just be a coincidence but I've killed 5 so far and each time a gift dropped for that person.
Reply Quote
In campaign mode if a legendary drops it also drops a gift for friend.
Reply Quote
08/20/2014 01:23 PMPosted by axiod
In campaign mode if a legendary drops it also drops a gift for friend.

Not every time. I got a legendary last night and did not get a gift at the same time. It's random chance.
Reply Quote
08/20/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Daeinekies
I noticed that every time you kill a Nemesis a gift drops that is for the person that was killed. This could just be a coincidence but I've killed 5 so far and each time a gift dropped for that person.

This is by design. If you kill a nemesis mob, the person whom it had killed gets a gift. You should get an item from it too.
Reply Quote
35 Undead Warlock
Feel free to add me on ps4 guys.

PSN - Hostee_y0

P.S. That's a ZERO at the end NOT an " O "
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It's a Legendary item.

Me & my Girlfriend were offline co-op'ing it lastnight & she got a gift that was for me, I checked it at the end of the night and it was surprisingly an upgrade to my current helm ( which i didn't think was going to happen anytime soon ).
Reply Quote
Had my D3 crash when picking up my first gift yesterday.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
08/20/2014 06:03 AMPosted by xjpmanx
I want to know if game mode makes a difference. what I mean is, if I play my HC toon, will I get a gift to give to my friends in SC or will I only get gifts to give to people playing HC?

The game mode you're playing does make a difference when it comes to who is eligible for a gift. A gift found in Hardcore can only be sent to other Hardcore characters, as an example.
Reply Quote
Hello my name is lucas'm from Brazil, to getting in touch because I have a doubt very important, is that it makes about two months recently bought diablo 3 for ps3 console, so that with that time had the new update the Diablo III: Reaper Evil of Souls ™ Ultimate Edition ™, ai then wondered'll be able to upgrade it or I'll have to buy another game (cd)?
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 10:17 AMPosted by lucasaraujo
Hello my name is lucas'm from Brazil, to getting in touch because I have a doubt very important, is that it makes about two months recently bought diablo 3 for ps3 console, so that with that time had the new update the Diablo III: Reaper Evil of Souls ™ Ultimate Edition ™, ai then wondered'll be able to upgrade it or I'll have to buy another game (cd)?

You will need to purchase the game. No upgrades (though you can import characters from the older game to the new one).
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 07:42 AMPosted by Grimiku
The game mode you're playing does make a difference when it comes to who is eligible for a gift. A gift found in Hardcore can only be sent to other Hardcore characters, as an example.

Great! Where is real pvp?!
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Feel free to add me xbox one name is kinzombiekilla
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 12:41 PMPosted by reddit

In about 10,000 other games you could go play. Move on.
Reply Quote
08/21/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Arctor
08/21/2014 12:41 PMPosted by reddit

In about 10,000 other games you could go play. Move on.

+1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]