Diablo® III

RoRG

08/22/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Iceqb
It took me 3277 bounties to find my first RoRG (playing PC version). I know those "randomized" maps so well I can run them with my eyes closed. :)

I got 3 from 15 caches one weekend, and another one yesterday (from 10 caches). Total 6. Most of them farmed on normal (PC).

It can't be that rare.
Edited by StuRedman#2654 on 8/22/2014 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Does running higher Torment bounties increase your chance of finding RORG? I am just curious because I have found 4 running t5-t6 bounties with my Main WD. One rolled Dex interestingly enough. I have noticed none others on my other toons that I have run at lower levels but always run T1 bounties in hope they drop.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/22/2014 09:34 AMPosted by Jiraiya311
Does running higher Torment bounties increase your chance of finding RORG? I am just curious because I have found 4 running t5-t6 bounties with my Main WD. One rolled Dex interestingly enough. I have noticed none others on my other toons that I have run at lower levels but always run T1 bounties in hope they drop.

Completing bounties in Torment II+ does provide a bonus chance to finding any of the Legendary items that can be found in a Horadric Cache, but it does not provide a unique bonus for finding a specific item.
Edited by Grimiku on 8/22/2014 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/22/2014 10:01 AMPosted by Zwarlorc
08/22/2014 08:37 AMPosted by Grimiku
finding low level Legendary items can make a nephalem want to cry

This is an admission of flawed game design. A legendary item should be truly legendary and be fully capable of fulfilling a specific purpose, regardless of what arbitrary power level your character is. In other words, legendaries should be useful based strictly on their legendary affix, not the other stats on the item.

Diablo 1 followed this.
Diablo 2 followed this.
Path of Exile follows this.
Any given Baldur's Gate game follows this.
Diablo 3 decided to be different and failed misereably.

Pretty much everyone knows this, but they hate people.
Reply Quote
One easy solution would be having all items scale and reward prorated stats based on level. That is, all items have a max stats when rolled. If the item dropped at level 52, it would have x% of what those max stats were, where as level 70 would have full 100%. This sort of system is in place in games like Everquest. Granted, those items are static stats from the beginning, and don't RNG for their stat values, so I'm sure it would be slightly more complicated. Still, this could perhaps help in general with "required level" values. Rather than requiring level, just scale the stats of the item based on player level via percent modifiers. Again, still using RNG values to fit this game's style.
Edited by Flynwyr#1736 on 8/22/2014 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/22/2014 08:56 AMPosted by Mercy
You guys should consider implementing something that lets you upgrade lower level legendary drops to 70. I'm honestly really put off from starting new characters primarily for this reason.

This! So very much this!

I would love to be able to upgrade lower level legendary drops to 70 even if it required a tedious quest chain. I HATE the fact that I find myself not wanting to start new characters exactly for this reason. I know it's a little silly, but it's definitely the way I feel.
Reply Quote
08/22/2014 09:40 AMPosted by Grimiku

Completing bounties in Torment II+ does provide a bonus chance to finding a Legendary item in a Horadric Cache, but not for a specific item like the Ring of Royal Grandeur.

I have yet to get a RoRG on a bounty higher than Normal. I have come to the conclusion that it is not worth it to me. I have seen others get them on T6, but for as many times as I have done T2+ bounties, the droprate lacks.
Reply Quote
08/22/2014 08:37 AMPosted by Grimiku
08/22/2014 05:50 AMPosted by iamcuddles
I was running bounties at level 68, I was really hoping one wouldn't drop! haha

I started doing bounties at 67, and avoided doing any of them in Act I for this exact reason. My 66 [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/won-khim-lau"]Won Khim Lau[/url] did a good job of reminding me that finding low level Legendary items can make a nephalem want to cry. Thankfully, Won Khim Lau isn't a super rare item, and I've got a decent chance at finding one again.

08/22/2014 08:08 AMPosted by ATL13
Don't open caches until you are level 70. I have a ton saved up just waiting to hit the 70 mark with my Sader.

Just as a heads up, this won't increase the item levels. Any smart loot will roll for the character opening it, but the item level is locked to the level that the cache was acquired. So, for example let's say a Witch Doctor earns a Horadric Cache at level 54, and leaves it in the stash for a level 70 Crusader. When the Crusader opens that cache there will likely be some items with Strength or Crusader skills, but they'll be level 54 items.

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up!
Reply Quote
The simplest option to alter the low-level legendary drop thing would be to just make all legendary items be level 70, regardless of when they drop. I'd trade using a random <70 drop for a level or two before replacing it with a rare for knowing that every legendary drop has a chance to get top-level useful any day.

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to address the issue, but this would be the quickest and easiest, and I suspect that the majority of folks would support it.
Reply Quote
Ive done over 6k bounties in act 1 on pc never got a true trifecta ,did 10 cache runs on ps4 last nigth got my first trifecta rolled almost perfect dex 39% cd 6% ias and I already rolled 4.5% crit chance on it just rolling for 6 % ill take it :)
Reply Quote
08/22/2014 09:11 AMPosted by Aristo
08/22/2014 08:55 AMPosted by Cartman1337
Really? I've been trying for months now (since RoS was released, really) to get one, and haven't seen a single one drop! Thousands of shards at Kadala doesn't seem to help either, in fact she never even gives me legendaries at all anymore (2 months+)... :(

What you are saying and what your profile is saying are too very contradictory things in my opinion. Lv60 monk with paragon lv22....

Didn't have to look too hard to find a troll disguised as an entitled child disguised as a troll.

Try my European account: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cartman1337-2853/hero/12459930

Sadly the European Monk forums are dead, so I spend most my forum time here. The US character I have was a side project a while ago, to see how far I could get 'self found', back when that actually meant something... Everything being self found now, I obviously no longer use that character.
Reply Quote

Completing bounties in Torment II+ does provide a bonus chance to finding a Legendary item in a Horadric Cache, but not for a specific item like the Ring of Royal Grandeur.

When will Blizzard decide that one of the most powerful items in game (RoRG) should be farmed with the highest chance on the highest difficulty? (Like Hellfire Ring)
Reply Quote
I found a Thunderfury while level 62 :(

Only took about 10 weeks to get another.

It sucks when it happens, but if it does it does. The same goes for bounties and RR. Do you want to give up the better experience progression because maybe something will happen item wise? Yes it would suck if it drops at <70 but the odds are probably against it.
Edited by Dspayre#1842 on 8/22/2014 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Wait, WHAT?! I thought this was fixed!
Reply Quote
That doesn't even make sense. You have a bonus chance at finding a legendary, but not this item. Which is legendary...........
Reply Quote
08/22/2014 01:11 PMPosted by Ghstbr
FFS man, he is saying that the buff or whatever is not just to help you find one item but all of them.

Like we can be sure about anything anymore. Someone asked a straight question and got an ambiguous answer. By "specific", Grimiku, do you mean "cache-specific" or that it doesn't buff RoRG any more than other cache-specific legendaries?
Reply Quote
08/22/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Iceqb
It took me 3277 bounties to find my first RoRG (playing PC version). I know those "randomized" maps so well I can run them with my eyes closed. :)

How the hell did you figure out that number. Did you keep track?
Edited by wyrm187#1491 on 8/22/2014 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In your profile you can see how many bounties you've run (and in the achievements as well). If I'd had to wait 3000+ bounties before getting what I want I'd sure check the number I had run, and then use it as a mantra of frustration: 3277 times! 3277 *&^%-ing times!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]