Diablo® III

Aether Walker still has cooldown, please fix

09/02/2014 08:02 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Although Aether Walker removes most of the cooldown on Teleport, it leaves a half-second "safety net.” This is because when we were testing the legendary power, we discovered a bug that caused people to double-teleport when they didn’t intend to do so, often putting them in harm’s way or costing them AP that they didn’t mean to spend

that's not a big problem to spend AP for another one teleport cast, but this cooldown is frustrating much. AP cost with 160+ AP pool is not a much cost, but having no CD will make a play for Wizard is much more comfortable.

I am sure that 90%+ players would like to have no CD as it stated on wand description.

Is it possible to add a poll for asking people how they want teleport skill to work?
Reply Quote
09/03/2014 04:34 AMPosted by TheCondemned
+1 for CD removal

Please like first post to support this fix.
Reply Quote
Why not just change the tooltip description to "reduces cooldown of teleport to 0.5s" so that it makes sense and is accurate to the item's behaviour?
Reply Quote
Have you guys even used the thing?

I have about 70 ping, and about 20% cooldown reduction (don't know if it affects the safety net) when I use wormhole + Aether Walker (for bounties, of course)... Astral presence, templar, cost reduction, etc. After teleporting about eleventeen million times you get a lag spike, if you keep going when your ping bar turns red, you will get disconnected. I can't imagine how fast that would happen if there wasn't a .5 second safety net
Reply Quote
why are you talking about such an useless item?! why would anybody use this wand?!
Reply Quote
09/03/2014 06:12 AMPosted by maSu
why are you talking about such an useless item?! why would anybody use this wand?!

I can do all act 1 normal bounties in 4-5 minutes solo if I get lucky.
Reply Quote
09/03/2014 05:13 AMPosted by Someshta
Why not just change the tooltip description to "reduces cooldown of teleport to 0.5s" so that it makes sense and is accurate to the item's behaviour?

I definitely agree with this. If it isn't going to play as it is described then the description needs to be changed. It should be telling the player what it is going to do regardless. If it is going to have a .5 second cooldown, it needs to state that.
Reply Quote
09/03/2014 06:12 AMPosted by maSu

-fast bounties
-great rifts
Reply Quote
09/03/2014 07:12 AMPosted by Xypher
I definitely agree with this. If it isn't going to play as it is described then the description needs to be changed. It should be telling the player what it is going to do regardless. If it is going to have a .5 second cooldown, it needs to state that.

but I would better see fixed mechanics of teleport ;)
Reply Quote
Haha, I chuckled at this. A blue post admitting that instead of actually fixing the problem (the so called bug that caused 2x teleports on a single cast), they just took the easy route.
Reply Quote
09/03/2014 07:17 AMPosted by Alec
09/03/2014 07:12 AMPosted by Xypher

but I would better see fixed mechanics of teleport ;)

Haha, I would also agree with your statement as well. I too would like to see it fixed, but if they aren't the description needs to be changed.
Reply Quote
That wand is complete garbo anyway, why even bother?
Reply Quote
09/03/2014 08:07 AMPosted by dukeof3arl
That wand is complete garbo anyway, why even bother?

Eh, everything has its purpose. GiG was running insane fast normal bounty for RoRG with it earlier this week. Also could probably be used to bounty powerlevel.
Reply Quote
fast moving in grift = also the purpose
Reply Quote
Vault an Dashing strike have the same type of prob. I get frustrated when I double dash into an elite pack and I'm left without a charge to escape. Also, double vaulting into a wall kinda stinks. Sometimes I triple/quadrouple vault and I don't even know where I'm going to end up LoL
Reply Quote
Realy half sec delay is still a delay unfortunately for PRO players. and that often gets some killed
when you only allow a 1 sec k/o for stun on the teleport rune. Is there anything you are willing to do to alieviate that situation?????
Reply Quote
+1 for CD removal. If people do double-tele it's his own problems, just L2P
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 08:27 PMPosted by Wilson
So... they understand the double problem for teleport but not for Vault?

vault has a much longer animation. I have double teleported(with wormhole), but never double vaulted.
Edited by Jars#1772 on 9/3/2014 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 08:02 PMPosted by Tyvalir
09/02/2014 06:48 AMPosted by Alec
In the description of http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/aether-walker

"Teleport no longer has a cooldown but costs 25 Arcane Power."

but it still has ~0.5sec cooldown. As result I cannot teleport instantly just after casting it.

Although Aether Walker removes most of the cooldown on Teleport, it leaves a half-second "safety net.” This is because when we were testing the legendary power, we discovered a bug that caused people to double-teleport when they didn’t intend to do so, often putting them in harm’s way or costing them AP that they didn’t mean to spend.

While this means you won’t teleport quite as quickly as you would without a minor pause, the fix also prevents you from having to be very precise in how long you down the mouse button without wasting AP or putting you in danger.

So you decide to make this a noob only !@#$?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/03/2014 04:34 AMPosted by TheCondemned
It shouldn't apply to Wormhole, it's 1 cast.

Correct! Wormhole allows for two jumps within the same skill use. Since the cooldown only occurs between skill uses, you can use both Wormhole jumps without pause.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]