Diablo® III

Piro Marella Plan..why you no drop?

Hey guys...I have 150+ hrs on my sader and I have never seen the plan for this stupid thing drop...any suggestions? I just got the 6th piece of Roland's too so I want to try out shield bash :(
Edited by SpartanCraze#1548 on 9/1/2014 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Some months ago leg plans used to drop everywhere, like 2-3 plans per rift, but i don't know what happened, it's been several months without a single plan, and i'm sure i don't have them all, i know i don't have the helm with block chance affix.
Reply Quote
it seems weird that they just stop dropping...
Reply Quote
They drop, I found mine in seasons like the same day I hit 70, or 2nd day luckily.
Reply Quote
I didn't have issues getting it to drop, but it took like 15 shields to get halfway decent rolls. For some off reason the crap you can get on the shield is all over the place, so unless you are UBER lucky, its going to take quite a few tries to get a decent one...
Reply Quote
I thought this was a craft able item.
Reply Quote
At least you are afforded that chance to craft...I havent seen a plan of any kind drop in months, it's like blizzard stopped allowing them to drop.
Reply Quote
Make sure you aren't making the same mistake I did. I thought for several days that I didn't have this plan because I looked under the "shields" category instead of the "crusader shields" one. :P
Reply Quote
Hmm I didn't think about that, but my blacksmith is automatically set to filter by 'highest usable,' but i'll definitely have to look at that to make sure!
Reply Quote
Why do you want a piro? i finally crafted an amazing one and farmed up a few build ideas for rolands.

Its just junk :(
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/01/2014 09:52 AMPosted by SpartanCraze
Hey guys...I have 150+ hrs on my sader and I have never seen the plan for this stupid thing drop...any suggestions?

09/02/2014 04:45 AMPosted by Mortac
Make sure you aren't making the same mistake I did. I thought for several days that I didn't have this plan because I looked under the "shields" category instead of the "crusader shields" one. :P

I'm hoping what Mortac said is the case, because the Legendary crafting plans generally have a pretty forgiving drop rate. That would be rough streak of bad luck if you never saw one after all that time.

As noted above, Pira Marella is found in the Crusader Shield section of your Blacksmith's recipes instead of the generic Shield category, so it might already be there. Hopefully highlighting this information will benefit some of your fellow Crusaders who might be wondering the same thing. Good luck in your adventures, and with crafting Pira Marella!
Reply Quote
... The battle.net site lists it as having a legendary property and _8_ random magic properties. Dare I presume that's an error?
Edited by Amrynel#6773 on 9/2/2014 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This just dropped on me last night in Seasons. Still waiting for my Reapers Wraps plan. :o
Reply Quote
Wow now I feel dumb. After finally being able to check it was under the crusader shields this whole time. Thanks guys!
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 08:18 PMPosted by kelvs
This just dropped on me last night in Seasons. Still waiting for my Reapers Wraps plan. :o

Wraps are supposed to be guaranteed on your first Malthael kill unless I am mistaken.
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 10:10 PMPosted by Sylindis

Wraps are supposed to be guaranteed on your first Malthael kill unless I am mistaken.

Except they are not, I suppose you have to be lvl 70 so it drops (but you'll do your first kill in Season much sooner and they didn't drop for me).
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 10:59 PMPosted by Borgosh

Except they are not, I suppose you have to be lvl 70 so it drops (but you'll do your first kill in Season much sooner and they didn't drop for me).

Yes that is what I meant. At 70 it's guaranteed.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 09:52 AMPosted by SpartanCraze
Hey guys...I have 150+ hrs on my sader and I have never seen the plan for this stupid thing drop...any suggestions? I just got the 6th piece of Roland's too so I want to try out shield bash :(

Dont feel too bad, it was the last plan I had drop. (Atleast I'm pretty sure its the last one havn't got any others since)
Reply Quote

Wait... really!? Should I be in campaign or adventure mode?
Reply Quote
campaign
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]