Diablo® III

My season experience so far

I have never played diablo as much as i have, i think the whole feel of everyone being level 1 is what made me play my little heart out :P

so far on my season monk (mrpopo) i have managed to pass my non-season monks in a week! sadly it took me like 1900 bounties to get my RoRG but i'll get into that later.

things i don't like so far is the Leaderboards. i feel that they shouldn't have such a small Margin. top 1k is maybe 5% of the player base (just a random number) what about the other 95%. i think people would play alot more if they could see "wow look i'm rank 10000 if i do 2 more floors i'll go up to 8300" ect,

The new Legs. awesome Idea love it! i understand this is just the 1st season but each class only having 1 leg really isn't enough for most people to want to change over.

Hardcore. i'm not a hard core player have never tried but i feel like it should have hardcore only Legs to make it more appealing, the way i see it is it has nothing to offer, other than to have a lag spike and die

last thing i can't stand #rorg i'm still really salty about this ring and the drop rate that it has not sure if my luck is just god awful but please maybe add it to other bounties or make it a bonus drop like the #Gift drop

so i wan't to hear your season experience so far what did you like and not like so far?

Me,loving it and can't wait to see next season
Reply Quote
We dont like your kind here on the forums
Reply Quote
I totally agree, I have played Diablo 3 off and on since launch but with this new season patch, I feel like there's more immersion. I hope season 1 continues with new patches. I wish Diablo would make a mmorpg open world version. I would love to help design this.
Reply Quote
@Kharga ''We'' ? Speak for yourself troll @ Mrpopo Glad you did like the season, as for me i didn't like it at all, doing all the same thing over and over again to get back where i was, nthx =/ but as you said, if we could have more legs for each season then maybe it's would have been more fun. and btw Hardcore is awesome :P Even though we don't have HC only items, Peoples on hardcore are playing more as a team in T6, no one is running ahead since we're all more careful to not die x)
Reply Quote
I agree the season's were made well. Clean slate, fresh start, no AH. Hopefully next season they put in better legendaries and i'm sure they'll add/tweak more over time. On release D3 was on life support, now it's raised to stable condition with good signs of a full recovery :P

As for hardcore its awesome IMO. Once I tried it out I can't go back to softcore even though disconnect deaths are possibilities. When you make it out of an elite fight with 1-2% health left its the same feeling as coming off a roller coaster :P Plus in normal most people trash 99% of their legendaries whereas HC you'll save a stash tab for leveling/backup legendaries (new char with full set of legendaries = leveling destroyed). Since its a new season i'd suggest making one HC char and give it a shot. Just be mindful since you don't have the luxury of normal mode.

Reliable internet recommended*.
Reply Quote
I had fun racing against myself for the seasonal characters, but I was pretty disappointed that so many glitches and exploits were only know by a handful of people. The first Level 70 Torment 6 Hardcore Malthael kill happened 6 hours after the season started. I don't know about you guys, but it took me about 6 hours just to go from level 60 to level 70 and I STILL die the minute torment 6 loads up.
Reply Quote
I am overall pretty happy with seasons. I have been having more fun pushing GR30 on my seasonal barb than I ever did pushing GR35+ on my non seasonal barb
Reply Quote
d3 seasons.......

leveling 1-70 = a joke, just remake game in t6 until u get 4 specific bounties. Now that's fun.

then after that, RRoG grinding never fun, but with the addition of the vault it is worth it to do bounties now.

As for RRoG i already got 4 in 3 days. search junger rules, it works.

season specific legs are so lazy designed, like they just rounded up whatever was rejected and put it together.

need some real thought into new items for the love of god. need to see at least 2-3 new sets for all chars, 2-3 BUILD defining legs or supporting legs.

currently the only good season only leg is the crusader shield, since it defines and supports a condemn build.

Grifts rewards are a joke, just make sure you slow down and kill RG with 3 mins remaining. You will get key for exactly next level. Start at lvl 1 and work until lvl 15-16. you will get plenty of legs to get by torment 2-3.

Gems add some flavor, so no complains.

Leaderboards are a joke. i was laughing at t6 malthael.

RNG can be quite painful.

in season 3 of PTR i had a DH facerolling T6 rifts in 85 paragon levels, 2 days of grinding.

now on live season 1, paragon 160 and barelly completed m6. Still no bombardier rucksack. so i need to grind more for effective T6.

i never had such bad RNG before, but now i could see how some individuals feel. It sucks, but eventually you get em all. just keep grinding.

fresh start is only going to be good for the first week.

after that i'd say 20% of player base will be facerolling T6 while the rest will continue to grind t1-2 like they did prior to seasons.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/02/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Mrpopo
so i wan't to hear your season experience so far what did you like and not like so far?

I'm having a blast with my Seasonal character, and am glad to have some additional motivation to fill out my character roster. I love the fresh take on leveling an unfamiliar class, tweaking build iterations, and finding loot that mixes it all up.

I still find myself wanting to advance my main character, though, so splitting my time between them pretty much means it's going to be slow going.
Reply Quote
1900 bounties my !@#.
Reply Quote
Seasons are awesome but I missed the boat and I probably wont beable to catch up now .

Hopefully next seasons are in a few weeks.
Reply Quote
I lost any and all (of the little) interest I had in seasons when some guys killed Malthael T6 when I wasn't even level 30 yet...

This is even a worse no-lifer grind than getting High Warlord in vanilla WoW was...
Edited by Aether#2749 on 9/2/2014 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm doing seasons because it's there. I bought the whole thing the day before 2.1 (coincidence) so I've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
09/02/2014 03:10 PMPosted by Aether
I lost any and all (of the little) interest I had in seasons when some guys killed Malthael T6 when I wasn't even level 30 yet...

This is even a worse no-lifer grind than getting High Warlord in vanilla WoW was...

You're going to have those type of people no matter what. There's a group of guys that account shares a WD that streams on twitch 24/7. Three guys that rotate playing the same character in eight hour shifts. As an average / semi-casual player, I will never have the gear or advance to the tier of GRifts that they are doing, and it is unrealistic to think that I would.

I also grouped with a DH and killed Malthael not too long after hitting 70 and finding a few decent legendaries. We did it on T6 and it took us about 20-30 minutes of high concentration and determination and we ended up being the 114th people to complete the achievement. It was by no means "easy," and just because someone else has progressed further than you should not be a deterrent to playing. If you don't like the game because someone else is better than you, I've got some news for you IRL....
Reply Quote
I unfortunately see no point in seasons with this iteration of the game.

With no economy, I don't see the point in restarting. One new legendary isn't enough reason for me.

The leaderboards only matter for basement dwelling, unemployed grinders. There is no attraction here for people with lives.

So, for me personally, there is zero incentive or purpose for seasons.

But that's just me.
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Zharndt
There's a group of guys that account shares a WD that streams on twitch 24/7. Three guys that rotate playing the same character in eight hour shifts.

Seriously? lol...

I truly do hope they enjoy it because that's not something I would ever be interested in watching. In fact it seems so completely pointless that I'm having a hard time not being more insulting about it.

Maybe its just because I have a PROPPER JOB that.... oh wait, thats right i was trying not to be insulting. I'll just stop there... Good luck to them
Edited by Blinkz#2593 on 9/2/2014 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just a thought.... Why not rotate the cache specific lengendaries into the normal pool and fill the bounty bags with something different every season? Put them in the normal pool but rotate in others.

For example put in the SOJ where RoRG was before. but keep SOJ in the normal pool too..

Or perhaps that super rare weapon SMK/WOW etc into the bags and drop based on class.

Changing it up a little would be nice.

The harder the set of bounties (i.e. A3/A5) the more rewarding the loot.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm liking it a lot myself. I spent most of my weekend looking for goblins on my non season witch doctor, but I've been liking what taste Ive gotten so far.
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 02:39 PMPosted by Grimiku
09/02/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Mrpopo

I'm having a blast with my Seasonal character, and am glad to have some additional motivation to fill out my character roster. I love the fresh take on leveling an unfamiliar class, tweaking build iterations, and finding loot that mixes it all up.

I still find myself wanting to advance my main character, though, so splitting my time between them pretty much means it's going to be slow going.
just wonder what class are you playing this season?
Reply Quote
yawn....grinding for the rrog is already tedious enough...i dont really want to have to relevel characters from lvl 1 just for kicks and giggles.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]