Diablo® III

Fellow Barbs, tips on keeping stash clean?

Hi there. I have two tabs full of legendaries and set pieces I never use. I'm trying to get an immortal king set and raekors set but along the way I have lots of legendaries that I never use.

Some are interesting, but I wonder about which ones should be salvaged.

Anyone here have some tips to share?
Reply Quote
View profile
Create other characters, stash unused legs in them.
Reply Quote
haha, I guess there's that. I'm going to pick through them to see what is genuinely interesting and what isn't. I guess I will keep those that have those interesting "orange" effects listed in the tool-tip.

thanks.
Reply Quote
towards the bottom of the first post is the priority affixes on items that you need.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12163546341

delete crap gear...

I seem to keep the best 2 of each item and usually 1 of each element type and i still have plenty of room..

delete gear like INVOKER....weapons without ele% damage but obviously keep the weapons with special abilities like sun keeper
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 11:07 AMPosted by oneils

Yes, stop being a hoarder.

Hi there. I have two tabs full of legendaries and set pieces I never use.

This is why you're a hoarder. You're holding onto items you never use. Salvage that crap and problem solved.
Edited by rated#1776 on 9/1/2014 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
With my season character I am deleting everything I won't use because I don't want to start mules again. Half of your stash can probably be burned without even thinking about it. I think you can only keep 2 elemental types of builds in the stash without becoming a hoarder.
Reply Quote
The question is...what will Blizzard do past season if all your season character stash slots are full of loot and the same goes for your normal characters.
Reply Quote
Your items from ur seasonal character will be emailed to you
Reply Quote
This is probably one of the best and most useful topics Ive seen posted recently.

Ive actually got a few rules which keep my stash organised and clear.

1. Create multiple characters for builds. This is an obvious space saver. Also, if you have duel screens, I keep a tab open to view my other characters if say a good fire piece drops and Im using my cold barb. I can quick reference my fire barb and decide to keep or brim.

2. Keep only one piece of a hard to get but not in use item. Ie, I dont use lightning, however I keep one SOH, fuliminator, TF and Shaefers hammer. Recently Ive had several Fulmies drop and have rotated out my best one a few times. The current one has almost a max roll on DPS and other useful stats.

3. Keep multiple high use items, but not too many. For instance, I have x3 pieces of every mote set, plus whats on my barbs and x2 sets of Raekers (one on a barb) and x2 IK sets. Whenever a new piece drops, I evaluate whats in my stash/on my barb and what is swapped or trashed. The reason I keep multiple sets is for build diversity. ie, Mote gloves, STR/CHD/CC/CDR or STR/CHD/CC/VIT. If you get a great two hander with no vit, you may like to swap out CDR for VIT until you get the 2 hander you want. But once youve settled on what variety you need of the same thing, stay disciplined and dont keep multiple of the same. So if you have a set of gloves that doesnt quite have as much CDR but slightly more STR. Make a decision and scrap one. Be strong.

4. Periodically do a clean out. be harsh, if you havent used it in a while (obvious exceptions are super rare items), and its not an alternate set piece (as described earlier) then perhaps its time to salvage. Other sets I only keep one of include: Thorns, Blackthorns and unsual usefull crafted sets such as Aughilds and Capt Crimsons (but just one of each in stash). I keep a set of these in case they are buffed, same as Raekers recently was and I had always kept one set since the start of 2.0 which I continued to improve. So when 2.1 came out, I had a pretty decent set already on hand.

5. Best time I find to clear your stash is when you first log on. If you havent got many mates on and arent hit with FR/invites straight away, your usually fresh (havent been playing for several hours and so your not tired) and your choices to scrap/trash are usually correct. If you decide to do a clean out when your tired, you are most likely to make mistakes and scrap the wrong item or make a bad decision.

Cheers
CC123
Edited by CC123#1310 on 9/2/2014 4:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 02:10 PMPosted by rated

Yes, stop being a hoarder.

Hi there. I have two tabs full of legendaries and set pieces I never use.

This is why you're a hoarder. You're holding onto items you never use. Salvage that crap and problem solved.

I never used lut socks, and I salvaged that :(

haha. What I've decided to do is stick to major armour sets and pieces of gear that have lut socks type gimmicks. At the time that I got it (I think was just after RoS hit), I didn't realise how cool it could be.

edit -

@CC123 great post and great advice. Thank you!
Edited by oneils#1817 on 9/2/2014 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I need to really clean my stash, im almost full with mules, im a bad hoarder. I think today, after reading this post its going to be time to do a complete clean out.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
CC123 offered great response about inventory management as far as I'm concerned, and I particularly like points 4 and 5 (quoted below). However, I'd also like to say that it's one of those things that's mostly about personal preference, and whatever works for you. In case you're still looking for more helpful tips about taking care of your stash space, though, I'd recommend taking a look at this video from MeatHead Mikhail.

09/02/2014 04:17 AMPosted by CC123
4. Periodically do a clean out. be harsh, if you havent used it in a while (obvious exceptions are super rare items), and its not an alternate set piece (as described earlier) then perhaps its time to salvage. Other sets I only keep one of include: Thorns, Blackthorns and unsual usefull crafted sets such as Aughilds and Capt Crimsons (but just one of each in stash). I keep a set of these in case they are buffed, same as Raekers recently was and I had always kept one set since the start of 2.0 which I continued to improve. So when 2.1 came out, I had a pretty decent set already on hand.

5. Best time I find to clear your stash is when you first log on. If you havent got many mates on and arent hit with FR/invites straight away, your usually fresh (havent been playing for several hours and so your not tired) and your choices to scrap/trash are usually correct. If you decide to do a clean out when your tired, you are most likely to make mistakes and scrap the wrong item or make a bad decision.
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 05:33 PMPosted by Grimiku
CC123 offered great response about inventory management as far as I'm concerned, and I particularly like points 4 and 5 (quoted below). However, I'd also like to say that it's one of those things that's mostly about personal preference, and whatever works for you. In case you're still looking for more helpful tips about taking care of your stash space, though, I'd recommend taking a look at [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKXR3tV2dZo"]this video[/url] from MeatHead Mikhail.

09/02/2014 04:17 AMPosted by CC123

@Grimiku, why are you commenting on this? You should be talking to the devs about increasing stash tabs not commenting on stash management.
Reply Quote
With more tabs come more stash mgmt. overhead. I wouldn't mind having one more than I have now in the 2.1 patch, but it's already nearly hoarding.
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 05:38 PMPosted by Vespasian
@Grimiku, why are you commenting on this? You should be talking to the devs about increasing stash tabs not commenting on stash management.

Because the devs have already gone home for the day, and stash space is fine. 5 is plenty, the likelyhood of a person playing all class + all variants is highly unlikely.

Stop hoarding, and start clearing space.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Hunter
In the meantime they'll keep randomly changing the elemental damage on runes so you'll always regret blowing up that spare set of +x% elemental gear you had laying around. Might as well face it, PC live is a beta test for the console port, no more, no less.
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 05:33 PMPosted by Grimiku
CC123 offered great response about inventory management as far as I'm concerned, and I particularly like points 4 and 5 (quoted below). However, I'd also like to say that it's one of those things that's mostly about personal preference, and whatever works for you. In case you're still looking for more helpful tips about taking care of your stash space, though, I'd recommend taking a look at [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKXR3tV2dZo"]this video[/url] from MeatHead Mikhail.

Yes, it was great advice.

Thanks for the link. I'll be checking it out. I've seen a few of Mikhail's vids and he gives pretty good advice.
Edited by oneils#1817 on 9/2/2014 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How about a small 50cubics pouch that is attached to characters, just solely for keys, gems, materials and potions.
Reply Quote
I have 3 mules solely for wd gear. I have the following stuff: Helltooth, jade, poision element, fire element, thorns set. One mule for thorns/helltooth, one for jade/fire, and one for poision and some odd gear.

I have 3 other mules for other things as well. 1 mule for legendaries with effects "vanity items", 1 for stashing gear for toons I do not have yet "failed smart loot rolls", and 1 for stashing craftables/mats/etc. I have 6 mules in total. Even if I condensed some of those mules, I would have at least 4 mules. But I am a neat freak and like to keep my stuff organized.
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Hampter9831
09/02/2014 05:38 PMPosted by Vespasian

Because the devs have already gone home for the day, and stash space is fine. 5 is plenty, the likelyhood of a person playing all class + all variants is highly unlikely.

Stop hoarding, and start clearing space.

No...stash space is NOT fine.

I notice from your profile that you mainly play only two classes (DH & WD). Yes, storage space would not be a problem if you limit yourself to one or two classes. But see how you go when you start gearing up all six. You'll find that five stash tabs are horribly inadequate - even if you don't hoard stuff. And contrary to what you say, there are plenty of people who play all the classes and try out different builds - to me it's what helps keep the game interesting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]