Diablo® III

Current Demon Hunter Information

What can't I use some of the other weapons? like the daggers and such? am I only limited to the bows and cross bows?
Reply Quote
Question, if i DW xbows and i use bola shot or hungering arrow, will the properties of both xbows be applied? (alternately of course)
Reply Quote
I am in the same category with DevilishGuy; I can equip my DH with a sweet Sabre and shield, but how do you attack with them? My Char is 11th level and I am cool with the ranged fighting, but I want to know how to adjust for CQC battles in small areas. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)
Reply Quote
I found this in a post about "swinging your sword" for Witch Doctor, might work for DH as well? I'll be trying this later when I get home: In order to move the hotbar items around one has to enable Elective Mode.

Game Menu > Options > Gameplay > InterfaceCheck Elective Mode

And you do not 'lose' that casting attack, with Elective Mode enabled, when you Right Click on an numbered action bar slot arrows show up in the selection windows. You can now assign any skill to any slot.
Reply Quote
any chance we might get some updated info, like in the beginning of the post? forgive me if this is located somewhere else, just thought some updated info on the skills might be useful/interesting
Reply Quote
I've determined that when you have a "partner" in the game such as the Templar then you can use some of the bladed wepons for him but that leads the question why can I pick up like one handed stuff and equip them to the DH and also carry a shield in the other hand but cant use them? I'm currently level 16.

The dual cross bows is pretty bad a$$ but It would be cool to also use a nice sword or something?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Obviously Demon Hunter is a "ranged" class, so those asking why you can't use melee weapons-- there's your answer (I assume).

Here's hoping for a re-write of the first couple of posts, now that the game is live and skills/levels are different than what was originally written.
Reply Quote
48 Worgen Rogue
Just wondering what stats I should be looking at when choosing gear or gems?

I've gone for anything related to Hatred or DH spec only but for the gear that doesnt have that option do I look at vitality moreso than say strength?

I cant seem to find any info on those basics.
Reply Quote
Actually, I found out yesterday that what was posted on the other forum thread was correct and it worked.

If you empty the left button click by dragging the "skill" off to the side, it clears out. Then, equip your character with a melee weapon that they CAN use as well as a shield or secondary weapon and you're set! It took me a minute to figure it out, but it worked out fine for me and I was able to have CQC without having to use a ranged weapon.
Reply Quote
Obviously Demon Hunter is a "ranged" class, so those asking why you can't use melee weapons-- there's your answer (I assume).

Here's hoping for a re-write of the first couple of posts, now that the game is live and skills/levels are different than what was originally written.

See my post below :)
Reply Quote
I've determined that when you have a "partner" in the game such as the Templar then you can use some of the bladed wepons for him but that leads the question why can I pick up like one handed stuff and equip them to the DH and also carry a shield in the other hand but cant use them? I'm currently level 16.

The dual cross bows is pretty bad a$$ but It would be cool to also use a nice sword or something?

See my post below :)

Also, you CAN equip the Templar and other side chars with items you find. I equiped my Templar with a magical spear, shield and a couple rings I found. Makes him even MORE a badass >:)
Reply Quote
I am wondering, do the Templar actually benefit from the magical items? Because if it's, let's say, +6 to experience killing monsters, does that mean I am getting that benefit, or is he? Or does he get any benefit at all from the magical items?
Reply Quote
You get 20% of whatever he gets.
Reply Quote
Just wondering what stats I should be looking at when choosing gear or gems?

I've gone for anything related to Hatred or DH spec only but for the gear that doesn't have that option do I look at vitality moreso than say strength?

I cant seem to find any info on those basics.

I feel your pain on this. For me at lvl 42 I have found that for stats I use this in priority order.

1. Dexterity
2. Vitality
3. Rate of fire
4. Regen for Hate or health.

DH is a powerhouse in Normal mode but later difficulties you become paper! Learn to kite!

Also I found that I have several (sets: combo of armor and jewels) of armor depending on the role

1. solo mode High Dex/Health
2 Co-op +1 High (with a CC as the other player) Health max
3. 2+ Health/Speed/rate of fire boost.

As far as weapons go, I use the best combo as listed above and having a Ruby in sockets helps. I have used everything for two cross bows to a crossbow and shield as long as it has the stats I need to best max out.

Of course this works for me, and I , by no means, am the best of the best but keeps me alive for most stuff.

Hope this helps for you. Rember find your play style the kit out to maximize that.
Reply Quote
Anybody know where I can find specific numbers on skill damages? I can really tell if the Bolas are doing more damage the hungering arrows.

Also, if you use two hand crossbows are you doing 2x the damage? I tried just one weapon and a shield and the damage seems to be the same. What if you use a sword and select hungering arrows?
Reply Quote
dex
Reply Quote
If you people want to use a sword so badly then pick a different class!!! DH meant for ranged you fools
Reply Quote
i been told wiz have much better dps than DH, so what's the position of DH in team. if team need tank, they find barb + monk; if they need dps, they find wiz. so DH and WD are totally useless, are they support? is this game need support?
Reply Quote
While I appreciate outdated, misleading information as much as the next guy, could we remove this as a sticky?
Reply Quote
Update or remove, some of this informations is rediculously wrong now
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]