Someone correct me if I am wrong:
I don't notice any difference in the time it takes me to kill a creature with 1 or 2 1-handed weapons equipped if they are of equal dps. If one is less it takes longer.
I have a shield equipped it increased my armor but remains on my back during battle. I assume this shield is still reducing the damage taken by the same amount as if it were shown in my opposite hand.
I am the only DH I see using grenades, the cluster grenades do alot of damage and with a passive skill regenerates your hatred faster.
I cruised through nighmare but have turned to paper in Hell. I am:
Any suggestions about what stats I need to improve or comments about what I am doing wrong based on the above assumptions?
What helped me get through Hell was this setup:
1. Get a good Off-hand. one that increases atck speed (11% or 12%) and lots of dexterity. I never saw any DH uses a shield - there must be a reason =)
2. invest in dexterity. I had about 1500dex through Hell and it was ok.
3. Gather a lot more Inteligence and "Resist All" equipment. that is super important for durability and survivability.
4. Your chest, pants, helmet, weapon, off-hand, and preferably rings should all have sockets. put tons of dexterity gems everywhere, and a vitality gem on the helmet (for % life). my chest piece has 3 sockets, and my pants has 2 sockets. each with +34 dex on them.
5. try to find equipment with "Crit damage increase". it helps a ton for your overall dps and helps you kill things faster. (the weapon socket should be equipped with an Emerald for Crit dmg boost.)
6. skills - there are tons of ways and I chose a way that fit my gameplay and it was that:
1 - Caltrops - Torturous Ground. (Immobilize enemies)
2 - Preperation - Battle scars (Gain 60% life)
3 - Smoke Screen - Lingering Fog (Increase Duration)
4 - Multishot - Supressing Fire (Gain 1 Discipline for each hit)
Mouse button 1 - Bola Shot - Bitter Pill (Chance to gain 1 Discipline) - you can change this one, I swiched a lot During play.
Mouse Button 2 - Rapid Fire - Withering Fire (Reduce Hatred Cost)
These skills are really good and they helped me a lot through Hell. (I usually play with a team).
If you want you can Swap Caltrops for Shadow Power and get more health regen.
I bought most of my Equipment, If not all of it, On AH. not for too much. 50K - 100K per piece.
Hope this helped.