Diablo® III

Current Monk Information

I'm currently running around 18k dam with all new gear and only 200 in resists and it's flawless for act 1 but after that i can't do anything 1 hit and im gawn like no tomorrow this is frustrating as due to we share gear with DH and there just flat out OP as !@#$ and monks can't seem to get anywhere with anything i'm almost about to put this game on the shelf and quit due to blizzards lack of checking flaws in every character in inferno or even beating inferno...
Reply Quote
im currently stuck with my monk at the beginning of act 2 on inferno. It takes 2-3 little flies of these sand wasps to kill me. I know they're easy to dodge, but jsut to indicate how frustrating act 2 is. Sinds MoH:boon has been nerfed i've been using this build that a friend of mine indicated to me.
I'm using this build atm.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WbXYgh!YVU!acccYa
So far the only way to survive is to kite and this is the way i can manage it pretty well up to act 2 where it is simply a matter of gear (for me). A friend of mine with better gear is in act 3 atm and uses the same build.
I start with serenity > blinding flash > breath of heaven > run for your life and then go again when cd's reset.
As for gear im stacking Dex-Vit-Fire res(or any other as long as u focus on it, see passive one with everything)-Res to all.
I have about 40k hp 12-13k dmg and 350 res to all.

Hope this helps some of you :)
Reply Quote
Seize the initiative is a wonderful passive, and if you're soloing even more armor from enchantress is nice.

As for your resists, too low. With 7k armor from enchantress and at least 500 life on hit, I would say min resist would be 500.

With the change to resist, you will probably only get hit for 5k per wasp projectile (mini wasp?).
Reply Quote
Seize the initiative is a wonderful passive, and if you're soloing even more armor from enchantress is nice.

As for your resists, too low. With 7k armor from enchantress and at least 500 life on hit, I would say min resist would be 500.

With the change to resist, you will probably only get hit for 5k per wasp projectile (mini wasp?).

Yep i know my resist should be higher. I'm still in the farming butcher fase. Im just saying that im able to do it with these stats.
Reply Quote
Very nice.

I was able to collect some good res gear over the weekend.

20kHP
18k damage
560 Res all

62% DR
38% Dodge

Just solo'd my 1st Butcher last night. I wont bother stepping into Act 2 until my res gear breaks 700 and damage can break 20k.

Even though guys like Druin and others have been able to solo Act 2 with similar stats.

For me the rush to the end has come and pass. For inferno i enjoy the farming and fights. Its funny, but i have no drive to see act 3 or 4 because Acts 1 and soon to be 2 will be fun places to find loot with less stress. (^-^)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
My problem isnt the bosses, its the insane plague, inferno, defile vortex mobs. my resist is only around now but I dont have 10 million gold to spend on gear in the AH (that is never up lol). Solo'd the butcher on 2 player mode just fine then get 1 shotted by wasps .... I guess I just do not see where the skill is lacking when a mob 1 shots you before you can use any skill. im sitting on 38k health, 12k damage, 410 resist (all) atm.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Did anyone else notice the "change" with the Monk's Mantra of Regeneration in the latest patch?

It makes the Boon of Protection rune damned near useless. If the Mantra is now going to provide me with the shield just because shouldn't the rune that used to do that be changed?
Reply Quote
@Garidan

MoH:Boon was a hot fix even before they released the patch notes. They felt it was being abused and was pigeon holing monks into a MUST HAVE skill/rune to even compete in Inferno.

Because of the abuse with boon and FoT: Quickening, they had to nerf it to the point of uselessness. Which they said they were going to do until they can figure out what they want to do with this rune.

I wish they would have kept it until they figured it out but they had to balance the game.

Also reducing the bonus healing done by MoH was, imho, unnecessary. Our healing is not cutting it in the later acts of Inferno. But i have faith in blizzard to balance out the monks here soon.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Side note whom ever decided that res timers as punishment for dying to much as well as the enrage timer on mobs should be kicked square in the junk repeatedly......
Reply Quote
Rage timers that slowly take HP away from you is not fun.

Especially if your trying to run away and they just follow you and you die. Rinse and repeat.

This happened to me so long that the rage timer expired and i was able to get a second shot at the boss and was able to defeat him then.

I took me forever to kill his minions then he enraged and the bleed on me was to much. Had to die over 10 times and just wait him out until the enrage timer faded.

I have never had to deal with that sense but at the time it was a bit frustrating.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
If melee didnt have to kite to kill things I would likely never be seen by Monks lol
Reply Quote
Thank god for the smaller maps with choke points. Helps with the kite game so much when you can stand in a door and only take 2-3 hits at a time vs's 5-10.
Reply Quote
Any chance they'll be changing the absolutely worthless <1k absorb on MoH with maybe a damage reduction?
Reply Quote
Any chance they'll be changing the absolutely worthless <1k absorb on MoH with maybe a damage reduction?

They just changed it to this new mini shield. My guess would be not any time soon.

Blizzard will see how the new fix works out. If it needs tweaking either stronger or weaker depends on how we use or abuse the new skill.

I am liking that all versions of MoH now have this shield. It helps a lot, just not as helpful as it was.

The new boon rune is going to be a LoH but the LoH is less than 200 i believe. This is upsetting and i think it should be at least 200 if not like 250.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 03:50 AMPosted by BigTDD
And should apply to your allies

That would be nice. Especially now that IAS is getting the nerf stick which nerfs Monks all over again.

Thanks blizz. (;-;)

Should i start stacking crit damage gear like the OP DH's?

Just give up on my resource sense attacking faster to gain more spirit is a bad thing in your eyes.

*Sigh.
Reply Quote
Love the Monk but my water ally seems to be weak... :( Maybe i ought to lvl up more...
Reply Quote
Aye level up or try the Earth ally. Hits for 60% of your damage and has a nice taunt and bonus HP.
Reply Quote
I agree. Earth ally do kill mobs and even bosses at times...
Reply Quote
Falling back in love with CS. used it all the way up to hell. Great skill for an interupt and to suck in those badies so they all die at once.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]