Diablo® III

Current Monk Information

why is that sticky exactly? listing current known listed info in official website, just in a less attractive more booring manner? good job i guess
Reply Quote
Old old thread but it is still a good place to come for information if you have questions.

(^-^)b
Reply Quote
dont forget, breath of heaven needs love, it doesnt work well in groups, and heals for soo little its not even noticeable in inferno

imo the range needs to be at least 50-100 yards and heal needs to be at least doubled if not tripled or the cd removed at its current heal effectiveness

the 12 yard range it has atm is soo small in order to get a heal from it,, you have to stack on the monk, littereally. like earlier im at 10% hp,,, i crack off the heal, now im at 20% hp
Edited by Atomsk#1394 on 6/21/2012 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would agree on the range of BoH. Its pretty bad on some of the larger units and boss's when your friends are melee and are just standing on the other side of the butcher lets say. You use BoH and they dont get the heal because they are to far away.

If they would increase it to 20yrds that would be better. I would rather they fix it to heal for a % of max hp over some fixed number.

But then again i only have 19k hp. So the 7k heal seems to be huge for me. But i understand for those who stack VIT that it seems to little of a help.
Reply Quote
what gems monks put in weapon? Red or green?
Reply Quote
06/23/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Floralie
what gems monks put in weapon? Red or green?

depends really.

Most monks like LoH so they socket their top weapons with Amethyst for the +300 LoH, +600 with max gem i think.

Reds are not that good imo. I would rather have a green in for bonus crit damage since IAS was nerfed crit and crit damage seems to be the only way to get your damage high enough to farm the later acts.

So Purples or Greens imo. Leave the reds for leveling your characters up then jump to the LoH and Crit wagon. (^-^)b
Reply Quote
diablo 3 sucks balls compared to WoW and can't even compete
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 10:13 AMPosted by YungTunechi
diablo 3 sucks balls compared to WoW and can't even compete

2 completely different game types but ok.

Thanks for the opinion. Have fun playing WoW.
Edited by ArchangelMD#1937 on 6/27/2012 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
where is the newest info on monks? I'm curious what tooltips are still wrong...some don't seem right. Serenity + %50 reflect would seem to do some major damage if you time it right on big hits ya know?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
I have all 3 WOW,Diablo3 and SC and they all have their own style of play. If you can't learn a knew game keep crying about it on the forums then.
Reply Quote
SonDone i will try to collect new updated info for the Monks.

I have been gone the past couple of weeks and have not been able to follow up on a lot of the changes.

So expect a large copy and past post soon. (^-^)b
Reply Quote
Very noob question: for levelling, what's the preferred weapon configuration? Dual wield, 2h, or shield? Or is it just whatever does the most damage? Thanks.
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 01:54 AMPosted by Lyrala
Very noob question: for levelling, what's the preferred weapon configuration? Dual wield, 2h, or shield? Or is it just whatever does the most damage? Thanks.

I DW and when I hit level 45 looked on the AH for 2 one handers with +15 level requirement or a 2hander with the same, that way your running around with level 60+ weapon and you level so fast.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I've recently gotten a monk to 60 but I was a little unsure about how their dps is actually calculated. Although my char sheet says my dps is something like 16k unbuffed, it seems like stuff dies almost as fast as my 32k dps barb, using act 1 inferno as a reference. This is just on trash mobs, butcher takes longer on my monk since theres no burst dps like WotB with the barb.

Just hoping someone could shed some light or point me in the right direction to get info regarding how, say, sweeping wind factors in. Attack speed with fists of thunder/thunderclap (which I think I read somewhere was your best basic spirit generating left click damage dealer) seems to inflate dps more than whats documented also.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Can anyone give me some info on the Monk class as it stands now? I've read this forum so far and it hasn't given me too much light into how the Monk class has evolved into how it is now. Like, what is a good build that people are able to use in the later content of the game? How are duel-wielding fist weapons compared to the 2-hander they have?

I haven't been in the U.S. for the past 8 months due to deployment and haven't been able to see ANY of this game or its classes.

If someone could send me a more current link that'd be cool too, :).

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Pretty much cookie cutter build here

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYXigk!ZXU!acbcYa

Standard monks either use dual wield or 1h + shield. 2h weapons are too slow to proc spirit.
Reply Quote
how much resistance is the ideal for a strong monk?
Reply Quote
How would you say monk compares to barbarians or critical mass wizards when it comes to smoothly solo farming elites in act 3 inferno? (not prior acts)
Particularly in dps output, survivability and costs of gearing up.

Ive been thinking of rerolling as a melee class and to be frank i want to play with minimal skill or micro involved and just stomp face in melee range while almost never dying and dishing out terrible dmg with 100k crits.

I realise the statement sounds rather nooby but id farm out the gold with my WD if the gearing cost isnt something ludicrous.

Ive seen some videos of dps monks outputting serious damage but it always seemed like they were on the verge of dying.
Reply Quote
Was hoping for a more informative preview with a focus on skills and issues monk actually face.

Please let the patch notes shine more hope for my favorite class.

I want to come back to my monk but DH's and CM/WW wizards are still much easier to gear and farm with.
Reply Quote
Can you use multiple skills from the skill like button 1 and if so how??
Edited by Baddog#1109 on 8/19/2012 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]