Diablo® III

Current Wizard Information

MVP
08/24/2011 08:15 PMPosted by ZweiDayal
Is it 3 total we can have in lvl60?

Yes, 3 total passives at any given time. They are unlocked at levels 10, 20, and 30.

08/25/2011 06:06 AMPosted by Sousagrm
Are Diamond Skin and Energy Shield armor type skills? Could I use Diamond Skin and Ice Armor together? (Glass Cannon wizards really need Diamond Skin or Energy Shield)

Yup, you can. I wouldn't suggest it though, because then you're forfeiting DPS skills, unless you're going for a Melee Wizard. But hey, come up with some build, maybe it'll work!

Mirror Image attack enemies?

I would assume so, yes.

Ray of Frost have will pierce effect?

That's a great question that I don't have a 100% positive answer to, but it seems likely.
Can we "upgrade" passives? Like skills in the tree from D2.

Or are the passives stationary and remain at their original value?

Do you have anything to comment on how effective Black Ice will be (AKA, how often/long can i keep them frozen? And with which skills? Frost Nova obviously, but is that it? Does Frost Nova have a cooldown?)

How much damage will break them out of freeze? Or will they stay frozen for the duration?

I'm debating passives:
Glass Cannon
Quickening

But im stuck between piercing attacks, black ice, and temporal shift. Which one do you think is the bigger damage increase?

Sidenote: I'm seeing a lot of people talking about Archon. What is it?
Edited by Switch on 8/25/2011 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It is kind of interesting that they have gone with a very mmo-ish "You can only be affected by one armor spell at a time". I remember stacking different armor spells in D2 for mana shield, thunderstorm, and ice armor. The only thing that kept you from being imbalanced was the limited number of skill points. I guess the system has changed too much to allow for armor stacking?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Also see: http://www.diablowiki.net/Wizard
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
interesting stuff here, i really like the ideas behind the slow time spell, great defensive spell that can help enhance your offense as well
Reply Quote
08/24/2011 04:33 PMPosted by Sixen
Thanks Sixen for pointing that info out so quickly.

No worries!

Where is your information coming from?

I attended the Press Event and played the game myself last month.

This particular info was revealed after the recent media day (Aug. 1) Blizzard held. I believe I read about it at Blizz Planet, but can't remember exactly.

I posted it up on DiabloFans, but a dozen other places had the information afterward as well.

Awesome, thank you for sharing!
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 11:44 AMPosted by Highport
It is kind of interesting that they have gone with a very mmo-ish "You can only be affected by one armor spell at a time". I remember stacking different armor spells in D2 for mana shield, thunderstorm, and ice armor. The only thing that kept you from being imbalanced was the limited number of skill points. I guess the system has changed too much to allow for armor stacking?

I only remember the Sorc having 3 'armor' skills from Diablo 2. Frozen Armor, Shiver Armor, and Chilling Armor... And I don't remember them stacking.

When you say Mana Shield, I assume you mean Energy Shield. The skill is in Diablo 3 as well and it's not an armor skill. Thunderstorm wasn't an armor skill either, it was an AoE skill centered on the Sorc and moved with her. Yes they created a similar skill in Diablo 3 and made it an armor skill, but they aren't the same. Thunderstorm damaged all hostile creatures in an area, Storm Armor damages creatures that hit you.

In D3 you will be able to stack an armor skill, plus any defense-based skills that you want -- such as Diamond Skin and Energy Shield -- just like in Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
is it just me or it seems like the wizzard has the most complete skill list?
Reply Quote
MVP
08/25/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Switch
Or are the passives stationary and remain at their original value?

Passives scale with level as well, I believe.
90 Troll Warrior
I JUST CANT WAIT!!! ME WANT BETA KEY!
Reply Quote
I am going to play a Wiz for sure. Blizz you should really give me the opportunity to beta test D3!!! I won't let you down.
Reply Quote
I am a little confused maybe I am misreading the skills but which is the one that shows the dome that she summons in the videos?
Reply Quote
MVP
08/28/2011 07:46 AMPosted by DocSun
I am a little confused maybe I am misreading the skills but which is the one that shows the dome that she summons in the videos?

Slow Time.
Pretty quick question...

Are we going to see the amount of enemies with resistances that we did in Hell Mode for D2? In other words will the higher difficulties of D3 require a healthy rotation of spells to stay alive? Disintegrate looks boss, but it'd be nice to see a few enemies that I won't be able to just line up and zap down.

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
MVP
Are we going to see the amount of enemies with resistances that we did in Hell Mode for D2? In other words will the higher difficulties of D3 require a healthy rotation of spells to stay alive? Disintegrate looks boss, but it'd be nice to see a few enemies that I won't be able to just line up and zap down.

Well, they'll be having resistances to only one type, not 2 or 3 types like we saw in D2, which was silly. Seeing monsters immune to fire and ice when I have no Lightning spells was rough, :P.
Couldn't agree more, thanks sixen
Reply Quote
I wonder about the Wizard resource, Arcane Power. I know that it has a fixed value that cannot be increased with items or skills. Do you suppose there will be environmental effects that might change its value? For example, perhaps a ley line or the grave of a dead god where your base values for Arcane Power would be adjusted? They have incorporated environmental damage effects (collapsing walls on enemies), it would be so cool if in addition to standard resource management you would also try find the best locations to increase your power.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all of the information Sixen! You and Force make some awesome YouTube videos! You guys are so much better than HuskyStarcraft. Just sayin'.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Priest
I'm new to the Diablo series, and i can't pick between the Wizard or the Demon hunter :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]