Diablo® III

Current Wizard Information

05/31/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Antiwipe
The information on the intial few posts is incredibly out of date. They should be updated, since this is stickied, imo.

Sixen seems to be on leave? He's the only one who can edit his post.... well plus the Community Managers.
Reply Quote
I like to play as a wizard, but seeing at streams how barbs and monks rush through everything doing 200k crits made me stop playing this game. I wont spend any more time on this worthles thing, why didnt you just paid the top twitch stream guys to test your game for a month???? (i bet you could just make an offer to some of the best WOW players and they would test the game throughly) what did you do during beta phase?! why you are correcting such obvious things after the game was released!!!!!!??????
Edited by piotrek#2731 on 6/28/2012 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/25/2012 02:14 AMPosted by DumpsterJedi
Perhaps we should all get paid as play-testers.

and i dont think Blizz even gonna fix them

06/28/2012 05:32 PMPosted by piotrek
like to play as a wizard, but seeing at streams how barbs and monks rush through everything doing 200k crits made me stop playing this game

dont be bullcr#p since there no actually balance in the game
i like mages and still the rest of my screwed up life!
Reply Quote
The Teleport skill needs to be modified it says Teleport instantly to the selected location but I cannot teleport to the other side of a wall or a pit that is within the 35 meter range. It seems that you can only Teleport across an area that you can walk throught but not through an area you cannot walk through. I should be able to Teleport to the other side of a wall that I was just at. I have died because I could not Teleport to the other side of a wall or pit.
Reply Quote
07/08/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Lightheart
The Teleport skill needs to be modified it says Teleport instantly to the selected location but I cannot teleport to the other side of a wall or a pit that is within the 35 meter range. It seems that you can only Teleport across an area that you can walk throught but not through an area you cannot walk through. I should be able to Teleport to the other side of a wall that I was just at. I have died because I could not Teleport to the other side of a wall or pit.

im with u my friend
+1
Reply Quote
Sixen , sorry to disturb you
How can I use hydra and blizzard at the same time?
Reply Quote
Sixen , sorry to disturb you
How can I use hydra and blizzard at the same time?

I'm not Sixen but go into your options, enable elective mode and put whatever spells you want wherever you want.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
How do you unlock armor or how do you ID armor
Reply Quote
In regards to Diamond skin, I'm using the Enduring Skin rune (Increases diamond skin to 8 seconds), I find that it doesn't last for 8 seconds, sometimes less when dealing with higher level monsters.

Does Diamond Skin absorb up to a MAXIMUM of x amount of damage (i.e. 0-9999 damage = absorbed for 8 seconds) or a TOTAL of x amount of damage (i.e. 2000 damage x 5 = 10000 damage = diamond skin deactivated before cooldown)?

It doesn't say "rune gives you CHANCE to extend diamond skin for 8 seconds". I should get the 8 seconds, regardless.

My build :- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acjRXQ!aXb!YYYbYY

Anyone with any insight on this is welcome to share.
Reply Quote
07/24/2012 02:05 AMPosted by andyb
In regards to Diamond skin, I'm using the Enduring Skin rune (Increases diamond skin to 8 seconds), I find that it doesn't last for 8 seconds, sometimes less when dealing with higher level monsters.

That is because the Diamond Skin absorbs at MAXIMUM XXXX damage.
When you face a monster that in 2 seconds give you more than XXXX damage, then the dimond skin will break and will absorb no more damage.

It will last 8 seconds if and only if it doesn't break first.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!
Reply Quote
This thread is an embarrassment to this forum and a waste of space. It only shows stuff that a even a 5-year old can google.

Can you please remove the sticky? There is NOTHING CURRENT about this thread.

Thanks!
Edited by kamen#1907 on 8/16/2012 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This thread is an embarrassment to this forum and a waste of space. It only shows stuff that a even a 5-year old can google.

Can you please remove the sticky? There is NOTHING CURRENT about this thread.

Thanks!

Agreed.
Reply Quote
Hm, might awell use this stickied thread for something usefull.

I have noticed that Explosive Blast has no casting animation, allowing you to run (or use channeling spells?) uninterupted, what other spells are there that does not have any casting animation?

I'm guessing diamond skin and force weapon are two more, any more then these 3?

EDIT: nvm, checked it myself, seems like all conjuration spells + diamond skin and EB can be cast while channeling other spells.
Edited by ManaFortress#2140 on 9/5/2012 6:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the strategy guide and all spells are elective except the passive skills I believe. In options you can select elective mode and then select any spell for any slot but using the upper right and left arrows when selecting spell for that slot.
Reply Quote
I really believe that if more of the Diablo III community would either utilize the game guide on here or go buy a strategy guide then this forum would not be so full of easily answered questions. I don't mean any offense to anybody just that about 90% of your answers are there and if anybody needs help understanding anything or are unable to find anything then I would be happy to help. I feel it this forum could be more helpful if this were not happening so often maybe. I understand newbies and the like but have been seeing a lot of ok answers but not really everything that the question was asking or just incorrect answers because the person just believes it is this way but have not evidence other than personal opinion to back it up on.
Reply Quote
Please, where can i get new PROCs information ?
Reply Quote
Hey, guess what? I made a thread with actual current wizard information in it. It's right here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037930

Can we replace this embarrassing, ludicrously out-of-date sticky now please? It lists passive skills that were never actually in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]