Diablo® III

Current Barbarian Information

Miscellaneous Information:
  • Character Page: http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/barbarian.xml

• Male Model: http://us.media.blizzard.com/diablo3/_flash/animations/barbarian-male.swf

• Female Model: http://us.media.blizzard.com/diablo3/_flash/animations/barbarian-female.swf

• Abd al-Hazir Journal Entry: 0025

Lore:
In my journey to catalogue the various denizens, civilizations, and fauna of our world, I have traveled far and wide, but never before have I been struck with such dismay as when standing upon the ramparts of the ancient fortress of Bastion's Keep. I came to see firsthand the barbarians, those near-legendary, immense, relentless, dual-wielding furies of combat dwelling upon their sacred Mount Arreat.

Instead, I stand here looking at a mountain that has been torn asunder by some extraordinary force. The sight, I must confess, is incomprehensible. Yet what I see before me cannot be denied.

What truly happened here? Where are those majestic warriors of old? Though they were once misunderstood as simple, bloodthirsty invaders, the long and noble history of these proud people is now rightly acknowledged. And therein lies the greater tragedy here, for those of us familiar with the nobility of the barbarians remember too what they call their "vigil", the concept that lay at the very heart of their culture. The barbarians consider it their sworn duty to protect Mount Arreat and the mysterious object within. They believe that if they fail to uphold their duty to the great mount, or are not given a proper burial upon its slopes, they will be denied a true warrior's death, and their spirits shall roam the land without honor for all eternity.

If there are any barbarians left alive, they must truly be without hope. Perhaps this is the genesis of the rumors of monstrous things reported to resemble the barbarians in size and ferocity, but that are in reality nothing more than unreasoning, inhuman beasts. Could the destruction of not only their home but also their very beliefs have actually brought this magnificent race so low? - Abd al-Hazir

Resource System
The Barbarian uses the Fury system. A Barbarian's Fury orb will start out completely empty. Any damage the Barbarian does or takes generates Fury, which in turn can be used to cast Barbarian skills. There will be some skills that require no fury and some that actually generate fury, so the Barb can still attack at the beginning of the fight. If you stop fighting, after a short grace period, your fury will slowly recede. It is unknown how many skills can be used without Fury. Fury also has a set cap (cannot increase) but this may have changed.
Edited by Sixen on 8/23/2011 10:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Skills (Subject to Change)
  • Bash: (Requires Level 1) - Bashes an enemy for % weapon damage and knocks them back.

• Ground Stomp: (Requires Level 1) - Shakes the ground, stunning all nearby enemies.

• Hammer of the Ancients: (Requires Level 2) - Calls forth a massive hammer to smash the enemy for a percentage of weapon damage, with an increased critical strike chance.

• Battle Rage: (Requires Level 3) - Enter a rage which provides a damage boost and critical strike bonus for X seconds.

• Ignore Pain: (Requires Level 4) - Reduces all damage taken by a percentage and grants immunity to root, snare, and stun effects for X seconds.

• Cleave: (Requires Level 5) - The Barbarian swings at multiple targets at once, dealing a percentage of weapon damage to all targets in front of him.

• Leap Attack: (Requires Level 6) - The Barbarian makes a mighty leap, causing a percentage weapon damage to all nearby enemies upon landing.

• Weapon Throw: (Requires Level 7) - The Barbarian hurls a weapon at his foes, causing a percentage of weapon damage and slowing the target.

• Rend: (Requires Level 8) - Perform a vicious slashing blow to all nearby enemies, dealing a percentage weapon damage and additional Physical damage over X seconds.

• Threatening Shout: (Requires Level 9) - Shouts with great ferocity, reducing damage done by nearby enemies by a percentage for X seconds.

• Frenzy: (Requires Level 11) - Each strike grants an attack speed and weapon damage boost for X seconds. Frenzy can be stacked multiple times.

• Revenge: (Requires Level 12) - A reactive skill that has a chance to activate when the Barbarian is hit. Strike all nearby enemies, dealing a percentage of weapon damage and gaining a percentage of health for each enemy hit.

• War Cry: (Requires Level 14) - A terrifying cry that generates Fury and increases the armor of the Barbarian and all nearby party members.

• Furious Charge: (Requires Level 16) - Charge directly at an enemy causing a percentage of weapon damage to them and any enemies in the way.

• Seismic Slam: (Requires Level 18) - Slam the ground, causing a wave of destruction that deals a percentage of weapon damage in front of the Barbarian and causes knockback.

• Overpower: (Requires Level 19) - ???

• Ancient Spear: (Requires Level 21) - Throws a spear with a maximum range of X feet, pulling each target back to the Barbarian, inflicting damage, and slowing movement speed.
  • Whirlwind: (Requires Level 22) - The Barbarian swirls in a cyclone, delivering multiple attacks to everything in his path, with each hit doing a percentage of weapon damage.

• Sprint: (Requires Level 23) - Grants the Barbarian a speed boost for X seconds.

• Earthquake: (Requires Level 25) - Shakes the earth violently, causing massive damage to all nearby enemies.

• Call of the Ancients: (Requires Level 27) - Summons three ancient Barbarians - Talic, Korlic, and Madawc - who inflict a percentage of weapon damage. Lasts X seconds.

• Wrath of the Berserker: (Requires Level 29) - Enter a heightened sense of fury, raising several stats (Critical Hit, Attack Speed, Dodge Chance, Movement Speed) and breaking monsters' damage immunities for X seconds.

Edited by Sixen on 8/24/2011 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Passives (Subject to change)
  • Animosity: (Requires Level 10) - Increases Fury generation by 10% and adds 20 points to the maximum amount of Fury.

• Berserker Rage: (Requires Level 10) - Increases damage dealt by 20% when the Barbarian's fury is at 100%.

• Bloodthirst: (Requires Level 10) - 10% of damage dealt is gained as HP.

• Pound of Flesh: (Requires Level 10) - Increases the chance to find Health Globes by 5% and healing done by these is increased by 10%.

• Relentless: (Requires Level 10) - When the Barbarian is under 20% HP, skills do not cost any fury and damage ? is reduced by 50%.

• Ruthless: (Requires Level 10) - Increases critical strike chance by 5% and increases critical strike damage by 50%.

• Unforgiving: (Requires Level 10) - Fury does not degenerate any longer. Furthermore, the Barbarian gains 1 Fury every 5 seconds.

• Iron Skin: (Requires Level 10) - Increases armor by 100%.

• Intimidation: (Requires Level 13) - increases damage dealt by 15% and reduces repair costs by 5%.

• Cruelty: (Requires Level 15) - 10% of damage dealt is gained as HP.

• Aggression: (Requires Level 17) - Increases attack by 20%.

• Superior Skill: (Requires Level 19) - Increases precision by 20%.

• Expert Defense: (Requires Level 20) - Increases defense by 20%.

• Toughness: (Requires Level 23) - Increases vitality by 20%.

• Weak spot: (Requires Level 25) - Increases critical strike damage by 100%.

• Superstition: (Requires Level 26: (Reduces non-physical damage taken by 10%.

• Slaughter: (Requires Level 28) - increases damage dealt by 20% when the Barbarian's fury is at its maximum.

• Bad Temper: (Requires Level ??) - Increases Fury generation by 10%.

• Frenzied Attack: (Requires Level 31) - When wielding two weapons, the Barbarian has 20% increased critical strike chance and 30% increased critical strike damage.

• Insane Courage: (Requires Level 31) - When the Barbarian has under 35% HP, damage taken is reduced by 30%.

• Second Wind: (Requires Level 31) - Regenerate 20% HP per minute.

• Shield of Iron: (Requires Level ??) - Increases the chance to block attacks with a shield by 10%.

Edited by Sixen on 8/24/2011 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Reserved.
90 Undead Mage
oops, posted in wrong thread...hehe...
Edited by Ulthrakk on 8/23/2011 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome stuff, Sixen.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
OOB
I absolutely love the fact that there are weapon type passives. Now i can officially be an axe barb. Having that in mind feels much. Being able to use any weapon without that distinction gives no personality to the char I'm playing.
But i do think the axe passive needs a better name, axeassinator? :P
Edited by Meregar on 8/24/2011 5:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Very nice post. Ty Sixen.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Sticky requested, of course. Nicely collated.
Reply Quote
I'm torn between starting a monk, WD, mage, or barbarian. ... After reading these skills, the barb is looking epic
Reply Quote
08/24/2011 03:45 PMPosted by Keg
i wonder what cd is

It might be very low, or even none... Similar to Bash perhaps.
were weapon specializations removed? along with "lucky"?
Reply Quote
Unforgiving is still here ? Phew. That one is essential.

PS. What is CD ?
Edited by ConradOrvile on 8/24/2011 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/24/2011 05:44 PMPosted by ConradOrvile
PS. What is CD ?

CD = Cool Down
as in, when you use certain abilities there is a "cool down" period in which you cannot use that same ability again for the duration
Reply Quote
@Revenge: Oh, I see, thanks man.
Reply Quote
Awesome, I had no idea what the passive skills looked like...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
awesome! i cant wait
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]