Diablo® III

Current Barbarian Information

Passives (Subject to change)
  • Berserker Rage: (Requires Level 10) - Increases damage dealt by 20% when the Barbarian's fury is at 100%.

• This is such a crap passive, it promotes idle boring play and I hope it's fixed.
    Reply Quote
    08/26/2011 08:07 AMPosted by Melanchthon
    This is such a crap passive, it promotes idle boring play and I hope it's fixed.

I don´t think so. This is a great passive skill to use with other skills that don´t consume fury. I am not sure, but i think that frenzy won´t consume fury.
    Reply Quote
    Passives (Subject to change)
  • Berserker Rage: (Requires Level 10) - Increases damage dealt by 20% when the Barbarian's fury is at 100%.

• This is such a crap passive, it promotes idle boring play and I hope it's fixed.

Promotes idle boring play from idle boring people perhaps :)

Combine this with Relentless and you've got a 20% damage buff with unlimited fury...
    Reply Quote
    Well, all skills are instantly casted, there is no channeling or casting time or anything.
    08/27/2011 10:56 PMPosted by Sixen
    Well, all skills are instantly casted, there is no channeling or casting time or anything.

Well in D2, the amount of frames it took for the character to cast a spell was considered the cast time. Faster cast rate % decreased the amount of frames it took and therefore increased your "cast speed".

My guess is that they would bring this back; I don't really see why not. But physical abilities used the same speed as your weapon speed, so increased attack speed should speed them up (which was recently changed to + attacks per second, i believe?).

They could've changed this in D3 I suppose, but I haven't seen any info on it, so I'd assume they went with the same system, which worked well before. Just thought I'd point that out.
    Edited by Revenge on 8/28/2011 10:08 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    They changed it up just a little bit. Instead of adding percentage values as FCR, they just added flat values. For example, stead of an item adding 10% fcr, it'll add .10 fc.
    Sixen - couple of questions for you.

1) Do you regularly update the active/passive skills page as you receive new info from blizz?
    2) 20% increased chance to crit from frenzy - is this additive or multiplicative? (ie: if your base crit is 10%, does this skill give you 30% or 12%?

Thanks buddy, keep up the awesome job!
    Reply Quote
    08/29/2011 11:19 AMPosted by INcinerate
    1) Do you regularly update the active/passive skills page as you receive new info from blizz?

Yup! This is likely the last update we'll have until the Beta begins.

2) 20% increased chance to crit from frenzy - is this additive or multiplicative? (ie: if your base crit is 10%, does this skill give you 30% or 12%?

I'm going to say that it's additive, but I don't know for sure, so don't quote me on it.

Thanks buddy, keep up the awesome job!

Thanks! =).
    Hum is it only me but...the point of getting a passive skill is to have a unique bonus to your character...like the stat point they are supposed to replace, which i believe is a good idea or alternative. But why does the barbarian has repeated passive but with different name? Theres atleast 2 time where that when fury is at 100% damage is augmented. One being at low level and the other at high end level...i mean is it kinda useless? I picture myself being at high level and having a point to give, i can add the high end a point but why would i? I already have a build up low level passive that do exactly the same thing. Maybe there is a limit on how many point we can spend?
    Reply Quote
    War Cry is a party-buff type thing, whereas Wrath of the Berzerker turns the Barbarian Super Saiyan.
    I don't know sixen if you were answering to me. But i was referring to Berserker Rage and Slaugther which do the exact same thing but at diff levels... is it normal?
    Reply Quote
    I am sure they are just place-holders at this point... it would make no sense to have two skills with the same or even similar effects.
    Reply Quote
    Or maybe that of which the Warrior in Wow has those skills from a Barbarian?
    Reply Quote
    09/04/2011 11:27 AMPosted by Texture
    Or maybe that of which the Warrior in Wow has those skills from a Barbarian?

I think he/she is right.... when we think Diablo came before WoW....and Texture you are needed in the Last Remnant, you always arrive late << *lame hipster joke*
    Reply Quote
    release the beta already D:
    Reply Quote
    70 Tauren Warrior
    call of the ancients nice !
    Reply Quote
    how much rage does a normal attack/critical hit/missed hit generate by chance?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]