Diablo® III

Hardcore Artisans

Will Artisans be account based similar to the shared stash or character based?

If they are character based then dieing in Hardcore has even greater woes. My first 60 will then have to become and Artisan mule.
Reply Quote
This is a concern of mine also, I do hope they're shared.
Reply Quote
Probably not, but I don't want to be skeptical.
Reply Quote
This is probably something that will change, My monies on it starting out char to char then later switching to acct wide once the ball is moving at full speed. It just seems like it'll be a hastle we have to deal with in the beginning.

If that is the case, I guess all the HC players will have artisan mules.. or friends that might as well be mules :)
Reply Quote
I'd imagine that if they were account based, they would still be divided between SC and HC.

But yeah that would be brutal to not only lose a level 60 in HC but also the artisans. If that will be the case I might just have to take the easy way out and have a HC character I leave town with once I max out the artisan.
Reply Quote
I would say they will be character based due to the quests needing to be done linking you to the artisans. i can see writing more programming to counter this would be seen as a waste of time so maybe your first 60 will be a mule, if you choose to put large amounts of time in artisans.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has never made an official comment on this yet, despite being asked several times. I personally think it makes a lot more sense for artisans to be account bound. It would be silly to make players swap through all their characters looking for the one who has the artisan with the recipe they're looking for.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
08/25/2011 05:37 PMPosted by KaHa
Blizzard has never made an official comment on this yet, despite being asked several times. I personally think it makes a lot more sense for artisans to be account bound. It would be silly to make players swap through all their characters looking for the one who has the artisan with the recipe they're looking for.

Hence why I would send all recipes found to my main character.
Reply Quote
I can't really see them making them account bound honestly. If you specialize in axes for blacksmithing, your technically stuck with that for every character on that account if it was like this. Instead, you can have another character that has blacksmithing and say specializes in swords too. Tons of work i'm sure but in the long run it will make for a more diverse group of characters at your disposal.
Reply Quote
I think artisan in hardcore will not be shared with char but will be with non hardcore. Similar to Real cash AH not present in Hardcore either.
Edited by Vik on 9/5/2011 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have, for long, raised this issue on the old D3 forums. I'm glad to see this thread, as I check out the new forums for my first time.

I too am hardcore on hardcore. It's all I will play, period. I share your concerns with the artisan. You've raised some interesting points about the loss of the artisan with the loss of your character. What about those uber recipes you find/trade for !? o.O

I hope that (at least hardcore) artisans are account-wide. Hopefully Blizzard is aware of what the hardcore community thinks would be fair.

It seems logical that the Artisan (much like the stash) will be shared amongst all characters under your control, that will venture into the sanctuary!

----

The interesting part about all this is that artisans are unlocked through a quest I believe. So I guess once you complete that quest with your new char/alt, you will gain access to your main/account bound artisan.

The only unmitigated con I can foresee is the desire to salvage low level items with your lowbie. If your high level artisan won't gain much "experience" or value from lowbie crafted gear found throughout your journey, then it will essentially take away one aspect of the leveling process.
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 05:39 PMPosted by Kargos

Hence why I would send all recipes found to my main character.

And if your main dies? Oh okay...

Reply Quote
I can't really see them making them account bound honestly. If you specialize in axes for blacksmithing, your technically stuck with that for every character...

Do we know that specializing is definitely a piece of Diablo 3 release? I know Jay spoke about it in Aug of 2010...but that's the latest I've heard confirmation of it, and I don't need to tell you that much has changed since that date.
Reply Quote
No doubt, i'm just speculating of course =). Would like to hope that there would be some type of specialization. If there was not though, account based artisans would rock....a lot! But, not sure how that would work with say ladder chars and such.
Reply Quote
Good point. probably going to be content cuts since a year ago to make a release date.
Reply Quote
09/06/2011 05:24 PMPosted by BehemothGHun
Good point. probably going to be content cuts since a year ago to make a release date.

QQ more?

For the OP, I have good news :)
Someone from the awesome DiabloFans.com site participating in the FF Beta already mentionned that Artisans are shared. I was wondering the same thing and I'm really happy about it. Of course it is in the beta now so anything may change, but I do not see why they would remove it.

Source : http://www.diablofans.com/topic/28137-cool-little-details/

The exact quote:
•Your Blacksmith is shared amongst all your character, i.e. when you unlock the blacksmith on your second character (by questing early on), he is already whatever level your previous character got him too, and has all the same recipes.
Edited by Algeonis on 9/7/2011 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply! This has been killing me!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]