Diablo® III

Will you take your time and smell the roses?

Or will you blitz through the game, grabbing quests without reading them, and just race to Inferno?

As for me, I'm going to take my time and fully absorb myself into the game world, explore everything, and just enjoy it at a fun pace. I believe the first play-through is the most enjoyable experience and I wouldn't ruin that for myself.

You guys?
Reply Quote
I always play new games 100% completely thru in order to get the full experience the delevopers indended for me to have. After that it's all about putting the game to its limits to see what it can do.
Reply Quote
08/24/2011 09:00 AMPosted by MLight
I always play new games 100% completely thru in order to get the full experience the delevopers indended for me to have. After that it's all about putting the game to its limits to see what it can do.

me too
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
+1
Reply Quote

With the new implementation where quests and their information work interactively while your playing (not slowing you down to read text), you should need to slap a quest giver and run.

But to answer your question, I will definitely do all I can to immerse myself in the game through the experience on Normal (turn off the lights, use my headphones to cancel the noise around me, etc.).

Then once I'm in Nightmare difficulty, I'll be going as fast as it will let me.

Of course, I may do the same when playing different classes with different followers that will change the story slightly.
Reply Quote
I enjoy immersing myself in the game and reading everything. Even if I do it a 3rd, 4th or 5th time. I love listening to players' voices and how the NPCs perceive you and the world.

It is common for people who just burn through the material to skip a lot of things that will ultimately slow them in the future.
Reply Quote
I enjoy immersing myself in the game and reading everything. Even if I do it a 3rd, 4th or 5th time. I love listening to players' voices and how the NPCs perceive you and the world.

It is common for people who just burn through the material to skip a lot of things that will ultimately slow them in the future.

Exactly this. In WoW I pretty much rushed around to stay caught up with my friends. In Diablo 3 I'm taking my dear sweet time. Besides, it's not very often a great game like this hits the PC market.
Reply Quote
I'll be doing it completly the first time. Then I might rush the game with my other characters.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
08/24/2011 04:23 PMPosted by Fired
I'll be doing it completly the first time. Then I might rush the game with my other characters.

Same here, unless quests change a bit based on class.
Reply Quote
fully immersed first play through, gear grind on the next
Reply Quote
I usually take my time to begin with and I'm never in a hurry. reading the quest the first and second time through , that way i know i have not missed anything.
Reply Quote
I'm going for the immersion factor the first play through normal mode (And any subsequent area regardless if it's a new random side quest). So that first play through normal I'll probably do mostly solo, so I can experience the dialogue of the followers that I'd otherwise miss. With there being 3 of them I might have to repeat that aspect on different characters their first play through to get it all, but I'm ok with this. I've traditionally always bounced around characters pretty freely :-D.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
Probably going to rush through the 1st time to keep up with my butt-faced friends who care nothing for the quests, will take my time on my 2nd toon though to get the full experience
Reply Quote
Doing solo and will definitely take my time till I finish the story. Then co-op all the way.
Reply Quote
It got SO tedious in D2 to skip through all that dialogue all the time.

I think D3 has a "tells you as you kill" method so you don't miss out on the action or the lore.

I'll likely play a private games which my brothers will join (+3).
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Definitely a mixture of both, it seems that getting everything out of this game won't slow you down like it does in other games. In D2 I totally could've gone through every gossip there was but... I was busy killing things. This time we'll hopefully have both
Reply Quote
When playing Diabloii, even to this day, I have to have every corner of the map uncovered, I think it is OCD.

But like a man stuck in the desert for three days with no water,squeezing every drop of water he can out of his bandana to keep hydrated, that is how I will play Diabloiii, every corner of every area will be explored and every point of experience possable obtained before moving onto the next.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I plan on taking my time with it and reading all the quests, at least the quests for the main story line. Unless of course if it is going to have a WoW set up with 3000 quests to complete *hope not, then no I wont read why the farmer says I need to kill 30 boars because they were destroying their crops. To me thats one of the main reasons why I love Diablo so much is the great stories that came with the game.
Reply Quote
I plan to take time and actually immerse myself in the game experience.. I've been waiting for 10 years to get this game so I will fully enjoy it...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]