Diablo® III

Diablo 3 story/lore so far...

08/24/2011 01:52 PMPosted by TheMediator
Perhaps I am not educated enough in Diablo lore, but wasn't Diablo's soulstone destroyed in D2? If Diablo returns in D3 (it's pretty obvious that he will), how does he return, exactly?

According to my understanding of the storyline in Diablo 2 his soulstone was not destroyed in Diablo 2. It was smashed against the head of your character at the end of Diablo 1. So from what we know Diablos soulstone was destroyed and so was Mephistos on the Hellforge. Baal had only half and thus needed to be imprisoned by Tal Rasha. That piece i believe is being held by Marius in the cutscenes. even with all of this it doesnt matter much because without the Worldstone they can come from Hell as they please
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Diablo's soulstone was destroyed if you ever watched the ending cinematic of act 4 along with Mephisto's soulstone.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
08/24/2011 10:36 AMPosted by Admiral
I never played the old Diablo games so this should come in handy! Thx!!!

Well what are you waiting for, go pick up Diablo II! CD keys go cheap these days. I'd say pick up Diablo (1) as well but it's probably a little too outdated for todays gamers to enjoy. Definitely pick up Diablo II though and enjoy the game rather than read a thread posting. Much more fulfilling and the game is still enjoyable especially with a party.

Grab the Diablo Battle chest its well worth it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Diablo 1 on playstation :)
And now they're planning on having D3 on consoles, too. It's like they'll be targeting the next generation of gamers. Better catch em up :P
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I really dislike the books.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
-Added Sanctuary locations
Edited by Archer on 9/1/2011 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I may have to go and play D1 again... Ah fresh meat!
Reply Quote
Archer, thanks for making this post. I fully intend to take advantage of it. Kudos to you.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
Added force lore videos. Check them out.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ghu8RzsWvs

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg5EhW_ac5g
Reply Quote
I'm the lore guy for the Worldstone Keep videos and my main focus with the lore sections was actually in giving a detailed run through for the books that would otherwise be lacking. Be warned, it's several hours long already and not yet completed, but it's most of the way there.

The current segments cover: The Sin Wars (Birthright, Scales of the Serpent, The Veiled Prophet) as well as The Legacy of Blood, The Black Road, (Almost done with The Kingdom of Shadow).

Coming soon are of course Moon of the Spider and Demon's Bane.

I'm also going to see about creating a specialty page for lore on our page but for those who are lore buffs and can't get enough- this will keep you occupied for a while.

http://theworldstonekeep.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Added The Arreat Summit site (how did i forget that one?) and class info
Edited by Archer on 9/25/2011 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Awsome!! Thanks for posting this!
Reply Quote
If you want some nice, in depth lore, read the sin war trilogy. It literally explains how the Prime evils and angels came to know about Sanctuary and why Diablo I and II happened.

Plus... they are excellent books in their own right
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]