Diablo® III

No Internet = No diablo 3? (Part 3)

90 Undead Priest
I see your argument Moradon, but it becomes completely moot for the simple fact that they can still implement all of the safeguards you are talking about as soon as someone goes 'online' to play. Whether that be solo, co-op or ladder. The only 'hacking' that will be going on is in the offline modes which effects exactly one person.

Once they go online then all that 'hacking' is completely useless. A great example of this is XBOX-Live. Try taking a 'hacked' 360 onto Live and see how long it takes before your machine is banned. This is exactly what they can do with online D3. It isn't rocket science and knowing that Blizzard does want to keep the integrity of the game and community at it's highest, they have already baked this in.

If you are only going to play offline, I say hack away. The only person you are cheating out of the real fun experience is yourself.

Bob
Actually there are many reason.

The first being that TL2 is NOT Diablo 3. They are similar games but they work completely differently.

I fail to see how TL2 having a feature that Diablo 3 should have makes them work completely differently. Blizzard is not a money-starving company that lacks basic security, they are more than capable of creating an offline mode and supporting it.
85 Draenei Shaman
Actually there are many reason.

The first being that TL2 is NOT Diablo 3. They are similar games but they work completely differently.

I fail to see how TL2 having a feature that Diablo 3 should have makes them work completely differently. Blizzard is not a money-starving company that lacks basic security, they are more than capable of creating an offline mode and supporting it.

Just because you fail to see it doesn't mean it's not there, it just means that either A) you don't have the capacity or information to figure it out or B) you are just refusing to see it in favor of "LALALAICAN'THEARYOULALALAGIMMEGIMMEGIMME."
85 Human Paladin
08/24/2011 12:43 PMPosted by Sixarev
The only 'hacking' that will be going on is in the offline modes which effects exactly one person.

until this person shares his install dir with bit torrent and everyone can play D3 for free

it's all about piracy
To the OP

Heres the thing man...i know you put a lot of time and effort into your post and argument...but im trying to save you some headache and heartache :) The way it seems to have been described by Jay Wilson they cant just implement an offline mode. It would be like trying to simply implement an offline mode to WOW. The issue is that they created this game from the ground up knowing that it would be an online only game. There will only be a certain amount of information installed client side while much of the information will be stored on their servers. THey would have to rewrite a ton of gamecode. I am all for online only if it combats piracy and hacking...since i will be engaging in a lot of PVP i would hate to lose to some dweeb because he was able to hack the stats on some "Sword of Awesomeness". Their game/server architecture will combat these issues.

Im sure Blizzard would love to accomodate everyone, but the fact of the matter is they can only attempt to satisfy the majority while still achieving their goals of making a fun and profitable game.

As far as we know 8 months ago this game still had a Single Player offline mode, they have the system already built.

What bothers me is that IT is more then possible to create this game with an offline mode without affecting the online mode I don't understand how on earth Blizzard can't fail safe their new Battle.net 2.0 agaisnt botters and hackers. It all comes down to them having to be 100% legit due to the use of Real Money within the game. They can't leave a single hole anywhere with the RMAH in place or they could get sueud terribly badly.

Without the RMAH we would still have offline play I am almost 90% sure of that
JFC.... I look forward to a day when these posts disappear. It's happening. No matter how much you flock to the internet to complain about a game that requires internet, it. is. happening.
08/24/2011 12:43 PMPosted by Lomak
This type of argument in this day and age is beyond silly. You should try and get over it because it's not going to change.

Im getting pissed off with people saying this day an age everyone is connected etc. etc. etc. We don't all live in first world countries or close to the servers...around 30% of Diablo II fans are going to suffer because of this implementation. Either suffer from poor gameplay due to latency issues or no gameplay at all...I am trying to voice mine and their problems. I cant play a game I have been avidly waiting for for 12 years...I will try my best to be able to play it...

Just because you fail to see it doesn't mean it's not there, it just means that either A) you don't have the capacity or information to figure it out or B) you are just refusing to see it in favor of "LALALAICAN'THEARYOULALALAGIMMEGIMMEGIMME."

If you honestly think Blizzard is incapable of securing their servers on Battle.net 2.0 from hacks/bots/dupes even with releasing single player then you are the fool...any company of their size and stature should be capable of doing this in this common day and age...
You honestly think QQ'ing is going to get you a version that dosnt run on the net? Keep dreaming
08/24/2011 01:08 PMPosted by Aeox
Im getting pissed off with people saying this day an age

08/24/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Aeox
.any company of their size and stature should be capable of doing this in this common day and age...

89 Draenei Shaman
To the OP ,I respect your zeal on the subject. I will say I'm against offline play.

For Blizzard to change their mind on this subject they would need backlash similar to the Real I.D. fiasco. It's not even close to that.

In fact it appears to be quite the opposite. It appears most people overwhelmingly agree with Blizz.

But I wish you luck in your quest !
08/24/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Blang
Im getting pissed off with people saying this day an age

.any company of their size and stature should be capable of doing this in this common day and age...

Nice catch...respect
08/24/2011 01:13 PMPosted by Blang
You honestly think QQ'ing is going to get you a version that dosnt run on the net? Keep dreaming

If you notice im not QQing...its a pretty constructive post that has been well discussed through 2 seperate threads and is no on its third...if you want to contribute plesae go ahead...if not then you have no place here...
Oh man, I really was hoping this thread would stay where it was... my escape celebration was premature I think.
90 Orc Warlock
Didn't something like this happen awhile about? Like last year or so?

It was for a game that everyone thought would do super bad because it didn't have LAN support...

I think it is the number one Esport of all time...

Ah whatever, I'll think of it later.
Didn't something like this happen awhile about? Like last year or so?

It was for a game that everyone thought would do super bad because it didn't have LAN support...

I think it is the number one Esport of all time...

Ah whatever, I'll think of it later.

SCII and D3 are completely different games, plus SCII does have an offline component, its absurd that D3 doesn't and SCII does if you are making comparisons
08/24/2011 01:26 PMPosted by Caddie
Oh man, I really was hoping this thread would stay where it was... my escape celebration was premature I think.

Sorry to disapoint
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]