Diablo® III

Please not Gather quests

Anyone who played WoW knows what I'm talkin about.
Those were my least favorite quests EVAR
I'll sit down and kill like 100 murlocks but I HATED grinding creatures/badguys to get parts for a quest.
The whole thing just felt bad to me.

Any Thoughts?
Reply Quote
True, but I still don't like the idea of a gather quest. I just want to smash and bash.
Reply Quote
lol gather quests? if D3 is anything like D2 was it'll be more like diablo run #3254453451, i need more magic find
Reply Quote
Well this is a rather old topic to some degree. They said a long long time back that their intended goal with the quests was to make them very different than what we've seen before (Primarily for the reason you just described). So yes there will be some "gather" aspect to the quest, but it would appear not to the same degree.

No more "Collect 35 orbs from such in such" like you'd see in WOW. Instead however as a collection quest you might see "My dad was ripped apart by demons, could you bring me back his pipe?"

Sure, it's technically a collection quest, but it's a heck of a lot more interesting.

If any of you remember the examples of quests they had listed they were extremely different than the ones you saw in WOW. (I like the one where the girl explodes in front of you lol).
Reply Quote
Well this is a rather old topic to some degree. They said a long long time back that their intended goal with the quests was to make them very different than what we've seen before (Primarily for the reason you just described). So yes there will be some "gather" aspect to the quest, but it would appear not to the same degree.

No more "Collect 35 orbs from such in such" like you'd see in WOW. Instead however as a collection quest you might see "My dad was ripped apart by demons, could you bring me back his pipe?"

Sure, it's technically a collection quest, but it's a heck of a lot more interesting.

If any of you remember the examples of quests they had listed they were extremely different than the ones you saw in WOW. (I like the one where the girl explodes in front of you lol).

I see. Yes technically it is a gather quest how ever its just one thing aaaaand the guy was ripped apart by demons so your kinda inclined to accept the quest right away. But I do see what you mean.

Also do you have a link to the quest with the girl exploding? I want to see that so I may lul
Reply Quote
I want one gather class as long as it is a parody of the whole concept. Such as "Collect 10k snarkling teeth" and it turns out they have 10k teeth anyway and you only need to kill one.
Reply Quote
i always wondered why, when i killed a tiger or something, it would only drop 1 or 0 claws. The !@#$er has 4 claws, stop holding out on me! they should have made it like collect 60 claws but u get 4 each time.
Reply Quote
RIGHT?!
Or when they say gather 2 murlock eyes. and you kill one and it eather has one or zero....god thats so annoying.
Reply Quote
In Diablo3 it will be retrieving (ie. lost key of the skeleton king) a specific item. I'm sure there will be killing quest though which I don't mind.
Reply Quote
http://www.diablowiki.net/Quest#Diablo_III_Quests

Pretty good info in there about quests. Even has some quest examples with blue posts and such :)
Reply Quote
Yeah I was gonna say, the quest listing's I've seen in the past have never had actual footage of the quests, only the text and whatnot. So as much as I'd love to post the exploding girl thing, it'd just be you reading about it in more detail- not actually seeing it.

I can't wait to see the exploding girl either :-D.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I want the quest where we need to go down to the deepest depths under the cathedral to obtain the "Wandering heroes Tarnished Armor". Which was of course left there by the hero you played in diablo 1 that got possessed by Diablo and then killed by us AGAIN in Diablo 2.

It doesn't have to be armor, it could be a journal in which he describes how his mind is slowly being corrupted by Diablo, just hope theres something like that. Would make me sooo happy, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have a feeling the bulk of the quests you do, will seamlessly integrate with whatever you were doing when you picked up the quest anyways.

IE- You are clearing a dungeon when you hear voices in the distance. After more clearing you come across some stranded survivors cornered in the dungeon. The quest will be to help them get to safety, or, help them finish whatever they were doing down there in the first place. While you help them, you continue clearing through the dungeon, as you would have anyways, you just get some extra bonus stuff for doing the quest.

I really hope there are no "bring me 20 liver" quests, where half the animals apparently lack livers. BUT, im honestly not really worried they would do this since they get your money when you buy the game, and not when you re-up your subscription each month.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
08/25/2011 09:04 PMPosted by Aries
i always wondered why, when i killed a tiger or something, it would only drop 1 or 0 claws. The !@#$er has 4 claws, stop holding out on me! they should have made it like collect 60 claws but u get 4 each time.

Because you broke the claws as you were fighting him! They quest giver dun want no crappy broken claws! >:[ I wouldn't pay you for that either! lol
Reply Quote
08/24/2011 09:46 PMPosted by Blacknyte
more magic find

In all likelihood, with magic find and possibly gold find reappearing, the game will be just like this.
Reply Quote
You think this game is going to be Skyrim or something? There will be no "kill 50 zombies" or "gather wood/other natural material" quests, lol totally different games, and genres.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
08/25/2011 06:53 PMPosted by SonY
Also do you have a link to the quest with the girl exploding? I want to see that so I may lul

*Spoiler*, but this is the quest you asked about:
http://www.diablowiki.net/The_Lost_Girl
Reply Quote
A lot of those "collect X amount of item Y" or "kill monster X, Y amount of times" quests are specifically associated with games that collect a subscription fee. They *want* you to keep playing mindlessly so you'll spend more money ala WoW or MapleStory.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]