Diablo® III

Any notice or BAMB!

85 Goblin Death Knight
I have never really paid attention to Bliz beta releases before, so I am unsure what precedents is set for this.

I was just wondering If we should expect a week or two heads up before the first wave of beta invites goes out, or are we just gonna wake up one morning to find a beta invite waiting for us? (If we're lucky that is)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I would like to know this to. I was in te Starcraft 2 beta but wasent really paying attention as to when they announced it
Reply Quote
45 Worgen Warrior
Notice has been given, they said very likely before the end of the 3rd quarter, so before the end of September. Other then that its gonna be when they send out Emails, since they go in waves, you will be seeing lots of people here (possibly posting on D3 beta accounts) cheering and bragging about getting into beta.
Reply Quote
I doubt there will be anymore notice then "Beta e-mails going out in an hour, good luck!"
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
If I recall correctly Starcraft 2 beta started without much warning. Major fansites are usually good about getting the word out quickly.
Reply Quote
Blizzard's beta for SC2 was out of the blue. No heads up or warning more clear or specific than what we've already been given for D3. So yeah, check your news sites, or your bnet account or these forums daily, because one of these days, BAMB (or BAM), it'll be there.
Reply Quote
MVP
08/25/2011 08:46 AMPosted by ctb
Blizzard's beta for SC2 was out of the blue. No heads up or warning more clear or specific than what we've already been given for D3. So yeah, check your news sites, or your bnet account or these forums daily, because one of these days, BAMB (or BAM), it'll be there.

Actually, fansites were aware about 2 or so weeks prior to, I believe. We weren't told the exact date, just that it'd be starting in about 2 weeks, so we knew that it'd be coming, :P.

But no, the public won't know until the day it begins.
08/25/2011 08:51 AMPosted by Sixen
Actually, fansites were aware about 2 or so weeks prior to, I believe.

So jealous! So you probably have such a notice already for D3 then, eh? I see what you did there!
Reply Quote
Ya sixen give us a sign, lol!
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 09:01 AMPosted by ctb
Actually, fansites were aware about 2 or so weeks prior to, I believe.

So jealous! So you probably have such a notice already for D3 then, eh? I see what you did there!
If he had that notice, it would be on his Fan Site.
This is not something Blizzard is telling them, and expecting they don't post it.
He'll have it in a week or two though ;)
Reply Quote
No I believe he wouldnt b able to put it on his site until Beta begins. Blizzard from what I have read does inform fan sites they trust of shortly upcoming information but its kind of under an NDA.
Reply Quote
Oh no another NDA !

I think they do know but are not allowed to tell us. They must be squirming inside knowing when it will be released as they are getting keys.
Reply Quote
what I got from then force strategy podcast was that it will begin sometime in September.
Reply Quote
Seeing as they don't even seem to know atm, i wouldn't count on much of a heads up. Considering it was going to start before Sept, then early Sept, now "sometime before sept 30th"
I'm still hopeful that it'll be early Sept, heck Maybe even in the next week or so, just really not expecting much in the way of announcements.
Just keep checking your email and/or logging into battle.net, since there will be a typical beta game linked on your b.net account if you get selected.

And no matter what, just remember, they don't use beta keys any more, so don't fall for fake emails with a key, and never click on any links, always just open another tab and log into battle.net to be safe. =)
Reply Quote
Most fan sites and gaming news sites will have a piece stating that keys are out and to go check your e-mail.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]