Diablo® III

Quest list

Seeing as some (many? all?) quests will be randomly generated, will there be a list of what you have done or have not done?
Is there a way to guarantee a single quest is available in a game?
Reply Quote
This does seem to encroach upon the territory of achievements, but to be honest I don't think we've heard any official word on it. I think it'd be kinda cool if such a feature existed, but I'd kinda like it if these random quests were never actually listed (no details) until you've encountered them in the game. If there were blanks for possible random quests you haven't seen yet that would be fine by me, I just wouldn't want a check list for the things that actually tell me what I'm looking for.
Reply Quote
I think that things will be somewhat similar to D2 in that there will be a "Main" quest line. i.e. all of the quests that took you though the act were scripted.

I believe that the the random quests and events are mainly for replay value and flavor, so that when you start a new character your not like "Yeah now I get to do the den of evil... again"
Reply Quote
I think that things will be somewhat similar to D2 in that there will be a "Main" quest line. i.e. all of the quests that took you though the act were scripted.

I think that there will be many more random quests then storyline quests, like in sc2, you dont have to get all of the units to go to char, even though it is helpful. they will most likely have rewards like rescuing cain in D2, and getting the gidbin, rare rings, or skill points, etc
Reply Quote
I have a feeling that there will be an interface that separates main quest to sub quest but definitely one for main.
Reply Quote
Quest List is something we want and need blizzard!!
Reply Quote
i like the idea of having a list of possible quests that are in an act, but only having like maybe a blank spot for something, so you're not like, "ok, i got the jar of souls quest... but it says here matriarch's bones... hm... guess i'll have to get that one later"

that element of a little surprise would be nice.
Reply Quote
I second everybody's request for a list of Quests. I would rather *complete* an act rather than rushing to the next one. Savour the game! :-)

Merci.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]