Diablo® III

Authentication

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Given the RMAH, and dealing with actual currencies as opposed to imaginary gold, will authenticators be mandatory for Diablo 3? Perhaps even included with the box? I'm hoping they are, and I'd love to see the requirement even pushed out to all blizzard's games.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
08/25/2011 01:28 PMPosted by Kaesden
Given the RMAH, and dealing with actual currencies as opposed to imaginary gold, will authenticators be mandatory for Diablo 3? Perhaps even included with the box? I'm hoping they are, and I'd love to see the requirement even pushed out to all blizzard's games.

Real money or not, account security is your responsibility, so I doubt Blizzard will ever mandate that authenticators are required for their games. It is however, highly encouraged.
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 01:51 PMPosted by Thunderballs
They should throw an authenticator in the collectors eddition.

This^^
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I'd assume (and hope) if you have an authenticator attached to your Battle.net account for WoW that it would be automatically attached for D3, we are after all signing into our BNet accounts to play both games right?
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 01:55 PMPosted by Beardasaurus
I'd assume (and hope) if you have an authenticator attached to your Battle.net account for WoW that it would be automatically attached for D3, we are after all signing into our BNet accounts to play both games right?

This is already the case. Didn't you buy SC2? Pshhh

IMO, I don't think it's Blizzard's responsibility to require or provide us an authenticator, but that's the libertarian in me speaking. I do, however, feel that you're foolish not to take advantage of them offering it, even without the RMAH. I've got three authenticators myself...(blizzcon goody bags)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
08/25/2011 01:32 PMPosted by Avelles

Real money or not, account security is your responsibility, so I doubt Blizzard will ever mandate that authenticators are required for their games. It is however, highly encouraged.

I completely agree, and have been using one myself since they were launched. Just hoping to see them become mandatory at some point to reduce account hacking to a minimum. Even if someone elses account gets hacked, it effects us all when gold, and/or items are stolen, and magically replaced. Its artificial economy inflation.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
08/25/2011 01:58 PMPosted by ctb

This is already the case. Didn't you buy SC2? Pshhh

IMO, I don't think it's Blizzard's responsibility to require or provide us an authenticator, but that's the libertarian in me speaking. I do, however, feel that you're foolish not to take advantage of them offering it, even without the RMAH. I've got three authenticators myself...(blizzcon goody bags)

hah, no. I'm not big on RTS games. But, its good to know that is how it works, I can rest easy now, knowing I have an authenticator for my tons of D3 loots
Reply Quote
Deja vu: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3080288151
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 01:55 PMPosted by Beardasaurus

Authenticator is attached to your account. Doesn't matter what Blizzard game you login to you are always prompted for the code, even on the site.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]