Diablo® III

How long have YOU had Diablo III preordered?

90 Tauren Shaman
I've had mine pre-ordered since 10/22/09

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/InuTrunks/DiabloIIIBetaplease.jpg
Reply Quote
I'm waiting for the collector's edition to be up for pre-order.
Reply Quote
Fifteen dollars?
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 04:49 PMPosted by Boscher
Fifteen dollars?

Seems like a bargain.
Reply Quote
I've had mine pre-ordered since 10/22/09

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/InuTrunks/DiabloIIIBetaplease.jpg

Couldn't pay me $15 to pre-order, much less purchase anything from GameStop.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
It's a very common name, and a very common Surname. I've been slowly adding money to it. It's not paid off, if it was paid off it would have an X in the under "order"
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Preorders a useless unless they come with some sort of perk(s).
Edited by Protract on 8/25/2011 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 04:46 PMPosted by Harmless
I'm waiting for the collector's edition to be up for pre-order.
\
what you should do is what I did, put down all the money you can (typically 65 bucks but sometimes theyll let you put down more than the game is worth if you explain what youre doing) and then the second, litterally the minute you can (depending on whether or not its announced at night or during business hours) call up best buy or gamestop and tell them that youre David Pteradactyl Jr (made up name, though how awesome would it be to have the last name "pteradactyl" pfff) and you have a preorder for the regular edition of that you'd like to change for the collectors edition.
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 05:00 PMPosted by Protract

incorrect. they allow you to put the money down now so youre not holding on to it and having a hole burnt in your pocket so you spend it on something else OR you lose it OR you forget thats what youre saving your money for. its good for ppl who live paycheck to paycheck. maybe less so for ppl whose parents by them everything.
Reply Quote
Pre-ordering from Gamestop isn't that bad people. The $5 you drop towards the game goes towards the final purchase of the game.
Reply Quote
The only times preorders make sense are for low-supply collectors editions and consoles.

I'll walk into Meijers on midnight when D3 is released and buy it with no problem.
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 05:00 PMPosted by Protract

Most pre-orders these days do. Knowing Bliz, it will probably be a WoW pet or something of the like. Not exactly useful, but worth a few pennies selling the code on eBay, lol. SC2 was just a poster.
Reply Quote
Like others, I'm Waiting for the collectors edition.
If the CE end up being weak, I'll probably buy it digitally.
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 05:05 PMPosted by TiTaN
Pre-ordering from Gamestop isn't that bad people. The $5 you drop towards the game goes towards the final purchase of the game.

Yes, but then you're supporting the company that thinks it's just fine to crack open your game and sell it to you as new...
...or remove $60 coupons from new titles before selling them to you...
...or allow their employees to take a game home, play it 'til they finish it, get peanut butter on the manual, bring it back, shrinkwrap it up and sell it as new.

God forbid you try to return it when you find out it's been used, though... Obviously it was used by you and not sold that way.
Edited by Wulf on 8/25/2011 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't do pre-order because either:
A: Shipping means it comes late
B: I don't want to line up at a store at 4am.

I'll just download it at midnight or w/e. Worked fine for SC2.
Edited by Onetwo on 8/25/2011 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
08/25/2011 05:03 PMPosted by ImakeDEADppl

incorrect. they allow you to put the money down now so youre not holding on to it and having a hole burnt in your pocket so you spend it on something else OR you lose it OR you forget thats what youre saving your money for. its good for ppl who live paycheck to paycheck. maybe less so for ppl whose parents by them everything.
Sure, people with no willpower, self-control, or budgeting sense love the preorder idea... and so does the company holding your money for you. (free money for investing is always lucrative)

I'm just saying that maybe if there was some real incentive in paying for it before hand I would consider it.
Reply Quote
No point in pre-ordering unless you want collector's edition. This isn't 1998 where stock of a game can "run out" as there is always digital copies from the Blizzard Store.
Reply Quote
Pre-ordering without a perk or incentive...or without a KNOWN release date is pointless. On the money issue, if you're living paycheck-to-paycheck you don't need to be buying a 60 dollar game. On the Gamestop issue, pre-ordering from them is retarded.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]