Diablo® III

Beta Invites have started.

^
Reply Quote
Beta starting is a big deal, and they will most certainly announce it somehow.

And don't forget that when beta starts, I beleive we can all see the beta client in our b.net profile but only ppl invited get to be able to click on it.

Someone with beta experience would care to confirm / infirm this ? :P
Reply Quote

And don't forget that when beta starts, I beleive we can all see the beta client in our b.net profile but only ppl invited get to be able to click on it.

I was lucky enough to get into the first wave of SC2 beta invites. I noticed the SC2 Beta icon in my BNET account 3-4 hours BEFORE I got the email, and yes I was already downloading the client before I received the email. Things change, so who knows how they will do this beta...
Reply Quote

Not so. Only those invited will see the beta available.

Source: Previous experience where my wife got invited to Cataclysm Beta and I didn't... :(
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Remember I stated in a post that the sign of the community website going live was a sign of beta with in a week.

This happen with Starcraft 2 as well and I'm sure Sixen remembers that.

Reply Quote
You say this is announced on the home page... home page of what site????
Reply Quote
That guy is a real CNET editor. Check this link:

http://www.cnet.com/profile/rhbrown/?tag=mncol;title

That does appear to be his actual twitter account. He may be joking, it could have been hacked, or that tweet may in fact be legit. I guess we wait and see what happens.
Reply Quote
When SC2 beta started i also got into the first wave. I just opened my bnet account and there it was. I only got an email on the next day, and it had no announcement. Posts on the foruns announcing the beta were all being deleted for some reason. One or two days later it got properly announced.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not gonna believe it until I see someone post from a d3 character on the forums here. That or an official news post saying how many keys were sent out.
Reply Quote
RedTigerOH

That guy is a real CNET editor. Check this link:

He is not just a real CNET editor.. he is THE LEAD EDITOR! =)
Reply Quote
Wow, there are so many peeps tweeting that beta invites are on the way...

Maybe they're just twits? ;)
Reply Quote
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Aug. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATVI – News) today announced that members of senior management, including Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard, Inc., will be giving a corporate presentation at its analyst day event on Thursday, September 1, 2011 from approximately 9:15am Pacific Time to 1:00pm Pacific Time.

The presentation will be broadcast over the Internet. To access the webcast, please log on to http://www.activisionblizzard.com.

I think they will announce the start of the beta in this meeting.
Reply Quote
it sound like crap
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Paladin
This sounds believable. I'm sure the beta hasn't started yet, but it's probably not unusual for press to get their invites before the public waves start getting theirs. I'd still be betting on next week or the week after to start the beta, but I can't imagine they'd start a beta on a Friday.
Reply Quote
Give me BetabloIII!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
When I got into the Starcraft 2 beta the game showed up first and then the beta email was sent out about 3 days late
Reply Quote
please be real, please be real, please be real
Reply Quote
press get into the beta usually automatically and sometimes way before the general public keep this in mind...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Can we please get this moderated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]