Diablo® III

Horrible Fact leaked by D3: Cain is a fake!!!

Deckard Cain, who was the last member of the Horadrim brotherhood, has been a fake since Diablo I.
An advisor of Belial(The Lord of Lies) who exiled the three prime evils with Azmodan (The Lord of Sins), Duriel(The Lord of Pains) and Andariel(The Maiden of Anguish), has murdered and then disguised Deckard Cain since app.1200, alternatively, before Diablo has been secretly released from imprisonment by Archbishop Lazarus.
This advisor behind the scene, who is the brother/shade of Belial, is also known as "The Lord of Fakes" in Diablo III. Actually, he is only a greatly powerful fiend, hardly a lord. However, he crowns himself with "The Lord" due to his lineage. His aim is to balance The Sin War for the Burning Hells(to weaken both the three prime evils and angels), and to take the advantages for The Great Conflict.
Reply Quote
interesting idea
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
This is old.
But i really like the idea. It could possibly make the story get to a higher level of complexity.
I dont really remember, but i would add that it is interesting the fact that Cain is never seen along with Archangel Tyrael. It could possibly means that he is indeed a demon that discretly manipulates the minds and actions of the heroes to his own purposes....
who knows
Reply Quote
This is old.
But i really like the idea. It could possibly make the story get to a higher level of complexity.
I dont really remember, but i would add that it is interesting the fact that Cain is never seen along with Archangel Tyrael. It could possibly means that he is indeed a demon that discretly manipulates the minds and actions of the heroes to his own purposes....
who knows

Have you even played D2?

Act 4 son. they sit beside each other in town.

Geez
Reply Quote
08/31/2011 12:32 PMPosted by Brunobyof
Cain is never seen along with Archangel Tyrael.

In Act IV, He is in Pandemonium Fortress, and there is this quote from Tyrael:
Long ago, I swore an oath to watch over the Horadrim and their descendants. As Deckard Cain is the last of their esteemed Order, I will not allow him to perish here so far from the lands of his birth. Be at ease, hero, I know that he is your friend. He shall come to no harm.

Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/31/2011 12:32 PMPosted by Brunobyof
I dont really remember, but i would add that it is interesting the fact that Cain is never seen along with Archangel Tyrael.

There was one point actually, in Act 4 the two of them were both in the hold in Hell together. Though past that yes, which if he is a wonderful liar, I'm sure he be very convincing to good old Tyrael with a "Ahh-- still awhile and liste-" -- -- "Yes-- walk away, for you fools never listened to what I truly had to-" *He stops to see someone finally listen, plans foiled!*
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Ok u got me!
As i mentioned "i dont really remember". But now i remembered this part in act4.
Since the beggining, i dont really believed this could be a real situation.
Reply Quote
I can't bear Blizzard slapping us with another cliche lore revelation... Though I've long ponder since reading Legacy of Blood on how long Belial begun establishing a presence on Sanctuary.

Rumor was Belial from the witch Galeona (indicated by Xazax or another source) the demon lord was losing the Hell civil war to Azmodan. Though sure Blizzard could have shifted their D3 storyline since Blood and change the balance of war back to Belial's favor in the 20 year gap, but it leaves something for interpretation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]