Diablo® III

Diablo 3: 1-60

How long do you think it will take to go from 1-60?

Leveling in Diablo 2 was really fast if you knew what you were doing. I am wondering if there is anything in place to counter for example 'Baal' / 'Ancient' runs.

Yes Inferno will stop people from doing such things at a high level but will that be the norm for leveling 1-50+?

And if so, what is your opinion of that?

It could be good since leveling 5 60s get's boring but bad because it diminishes the worth of your character progression.
Edited by Khrono on 8/25/2011 12:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I hope it doesn't take a month to level up and stuff like that. I found it was not worth my time to level up at those insanely slow paces. I got a character to level 96 and in that same time I could also have have made (and had fun doing) another character to level 80... which is usually what I did instead.
Most of the XP I got was from rushing other people.
Reply Quote
It will be fast. Blizzard wants us to get from 1-30 in Normal, 30-50 in Nightmare, and 50-60 in Hell. They don't want us to grind out levels to get to the next difficulty.
Reply Quote
The max level is 60? Boy, I should really read up more on the game. So I can't play offline, and I get shorted 39 levels. My bag of incentives is getting lighter and lighter.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Rusbarb and Gerbarb again?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
08/25/2011 01:37 AMPosted by foxhound
The max level is 60? Boy, I should really read up more on the game. So I can't play offline, and I get shorted 39 levels. My bag of incentives is getting lighter and lighter.
Sound like your bag was light to begin with. Did you just finally move out of that hole in the ground? Level 60 is old news. (like 2 years old news) And It's gonna be an online game, what's the big deal? You hate going online? Maybe you plan on traveling the world and are angry that you can play Diablo 3 on your train/plane/cruise ship rides? (Woe is me, all travel and no fun.)
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 01:37 AMPosted by foxhound

It appears that you are under the pretense that Levels = Content. I am sorry to say that you were mistaken.
Reply Quote
Yeah I really don't think leveling and how fast it is should even be taken into consideration. The only people that would be worrying about it are the ones that want to grind characters and sell them.

The amount of content in the game and how long it will take to farm really good gear is what I want to know. I guess leveling can just be considered a place marker for how far you are in the game content wise (excluding inferno mode).
Reply Quote

Well if D2 is what you want to play then go ahead. The rest of us want D3
Edited by Adeodatus on 8/25/2011 2:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]