Diablo® III

Uber run

85 Human Death Knight
Hey guys!

I was wondering if there is gonna be any kind of uber run in Diablo 3.
Do you think it will? if yes are you happy or not about it?
Reply Quote
Bashiok on end game besides Inferno:
I don't think it's ultimately what we want for the end game either, but it's a great start, and we think plenty to keep people engaged for the initial release.
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27822633767&postId=278201101404&sid=3000#14

They haven't announced anything specific beyond Inferno itself, though.
Edited by Static on 8/25/2011 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Nice that will be interesting.
Reply Quote
oh my gosh! i just put 2 and 2 together ... what if there is an uber run in inferno .... that would be crazy!!!
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 03:42 PMPosted by ExtremeGas
oh my gosh! i just put 2 and 2 together ... what if there is an uber run in inferno .... that would be crazy!!!
Where else would you put it? Hell? That'd just be silly.
Reply Quote
A common element in Jay's interviews lately about end game is that they have more planned and are going to wait and see what the community gravitates towards and build upon that. If we want something akin to Ubers, they'll supply it, if we mainly PvP they'll add more modes, etc.
Reply Quote
Personally i think an uber boss in inferno would defeat the point of inferno. inferno is supposed to be the same difficulty thought the game so that you dont have to farm selects mobs for the best drop rates. They are trying to get rid of boring grinding so if they add uber bosses with amazing drops then people will only farm them, negating the point of inferno
Reply Quote
32 Human Warlock
08/25/2011 05:55 PMPosted by Ginzo
Personally i think an uber boss in inferno would defeat the point of inferno. inferno is supposed to be the same difficulty thought the game so that you dont have to farm selects mobs for the best drop rates. They are trying to get rid of boring grinding so if they add uber bosses with amazing drops then people will only farm them, negating the point of inferno

Uber Diablo was just a ridiculous element I can remember the first time i saw "Diablo Roams the Earth"... Annihilus was my all time favorite item in diablo 2 i hope it makes an appearance in d3
Reply Quote
Blizzard have already said that they want to negate the farming of select areas repeatedly. As some members on the forum have pointed out, people will still find the path of least resistance, for example the easiest place to kill monsters for loot. Blizzard stated that they wanted people playing right through inferno to find their loot. If they want to encourage people to do this then they should introduce a loot bonus at the end of each full clear. Just an idea - thoughts?
Reply Quote
32 Human Warlock
08/31/2011 07:08 PMPosted by Aurian
Blizzard have already said that they want to negate the farming of select areas repeatedly. As some members on the forum have pointed out, people will still find the path of least resistance, for example the easiest place to kill monsters for loot. Blizzard stated that they wanted people playing right through inferno to find their loot. If they want to encourage people to do this then they should introduce a loot bonus at the end of each full clear. Just an idea - thoughts?

I feel that theyre will be tiers of rare items that you will receive from each boss (act)... similar to diablo 2 andy dropped SOJ's more frequently, Mephesto dropped rare magic items, Baal Dropped anything. a loot bonus ... maybeeee a good idea would allowing an increase of a variable spec on a weapon of your choice? (39% to 40%)
Reply Quote

I feel that theyre will be tiers of rare items that you will receive from each boss (act)... similar to diablo 2 andy dropped SOJ's more frequently, Mephesto dropped rare magic items, Baal Dropped anything. a loot bonus ... maybeeee a good idea would allowing an increase of a variable spec on a weapon of your choice? (39% to 40%)

I like this, the reward doesn't matter what it is, as long as there is an incentive for doing it. The more minor the reward is the better. I don't think it would be beneficial to make the reward a game changer but rather an incentive which just becomes a nice bonus.

*When thinking over it a loot bonus is a potential 'game changer'. The bonus needs to have less impact than that.
Edited by Aurian on 8/31/2011 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i was wondering this as well...atleast it gave some of us something to to post end game. I had a blast key/organ hunting and trading, and then facing the ubers was awesome imo.

I take it at it's current state there is no ubers in the game (could be wrong) what do you guys think of ubers and if they should be in?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]