Diablo® III

Tyrael.....good or evil??

Do you think tyrael is still good in D3 or do you think he's Turned evil after destroying the worldstone??
Reply Quote
Ive heard that a lot of people were fed up about all the hubbub that Tyrael has been generating. I personally do not see why this cannot be the case. Ive read some very long an in depth threads and it seems to me that it could be a possibility. I have seen interviews with Jay Wilson saying that there will be some very interesting and unexpected twists in the story line.

I have always loved Tyrael and thought he was the most badass character in video games but i think it would be awesome to fight him, most likely in the expansion pack.
Reply Quote
Idea: Tyrael joins the elusive company of Trag'Oul and Rathma and aids them in temporary preserving the Balance of Sanctuary from the warmongering likes of the Angiris Council/Heaven and Hell.
Edited by Eroldren on 8/26/2011 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
He's with the high heavens, and their motives are typically "good" in the sense that they're pragmatic in dealing with threats. They are unselfish when it comes to the prospect of "using" those threats for their own gain-- ie, they don't do it; they simply eliminate it. That doesn't mean that they're "good" from everyone else's point of view, particularly humans, since humans are now perceived as a threat.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Hunter
The common misconception is that the so called "HIGH HEAVENS" is "good".

The idea I have gathered from all diablo games a books etc is that there is no discerning good/bad.

The high heavens are a society that want humanity to be subdued to eternal submission to them.

Most people are too fast to judge good!
Reply Quote
I think Tyreal may end up having to stick to the High Heavens agenda which might be bad for the people of Sanctuary. I have a feeling that it wont be just demons we encounter in D3 as enemies
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
08/26/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Nash
I think Tyreal may end up having to stick to the High Heavens agenda which might be bad for the people of Sanctuary. I have a feeling that it wont be just demons we encounter in D3 as enemies

This could be quite interesting indeed
Reply Quote
Angels were seen descending from the heavens to combat demons in a partially revealed cinematic for only those who attended the recent D3 Press Event.
Reply Quote
Oh cool! I'm definitely excited to see all of the cinematics. Blizz does an amazing job with those. I hope there are some epic fight scenes
Reply Quote
Tyrael reminds me of Tassadar. (The same way Imperius reminds me of Aldaris) They're so similar in their regard for Humanity.
Reply Quote
I somewhat get the feeling this is going to be something along the lines of Tyreal + humans vs angels vs demons. It would be interesting to see humans other than the main cast gradually awake to their nephilim powers during the fight between order and chaos.

Seriously doubt Tyreal has turned "evil" though. His character in the first place was a being that looked after humanity and got in trouble with the high heavens for it from what I understand/remember. Also it seems like concepts of "good" and "evil" are really just used and later understood as mistaken stereotypes in videogames nowadays. So I really don't think Tyreal will be any more "evil" than the demons or angels in sanctuary.

From what I've seen so far diablo 3 seems like its going to be a story of human survival and the relations of demons, nephilim and angels. Hopefully the game mechanics and game play aren't as dumbed down as the starcraft 2 campaign as this somewhat took away from the story (which I still ended up enjoying.)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
He's gonna be good. He will get pwned of his powers somehow (or not), He will attempt to help us somewhere down the line, then get slain by an angel hitsquad, lol. Then eaten by a boss infront of us as the angels leave us to die. Then we seek revenge on them and we have to fight both.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
As I posited elsewhere, I don't think Tyrael is a bad guy.

I think he just wanted to blow up a mountain.

As far as the actions I've seen him perform in-game (I don't pay attention to the books. Seems too much like fan-fiction that somehow got propelled to sellability. But that's just me.), the stuff he's done has been anti-demon.

He actually tried to prevent Marius from even pulling Baal's soulstone from Tal-Rasha. Although then charging the poor bastard with it's destruction wasn't probably as well thought-out as it could have been. And he charges you, the player, with destroying the soulstones at the hellforge, though what purpose it serves seems unclear (Then again, the entire bit with soulstones confuses me the longer I think about it. So I don't.). As far as the Worldstone bit goes, see the beginning of my post.

As to his true motives, who knows? We'll likely find out one way or another, and I'm sure it'll be an awesome story to unveil.
Reply Quote
As I posited elsewhere, I don't think Tyrael is a bad guy.

I think he just wanted to blow up a mountain.

As far as the actions I've seen him perform in-game (I don't pay attention to the books. Seems too much like fan-fiction that somehow got propelled to sellability. But that's just me.), the stuff he's done has been anti-demon.

He actually tried to prevent Marius from even pulling Baal's soulstone from Tal-Rasha. Although then charging the poor bastard with it's destruction wasn't probably as well thought-out as it could have been. And he charges you, the player, with destroying the soulstones at the hellforge, though what purpose it serves seems unclear (Then again, the entire bit with soulstones confuses me the longer I think about it. So I don't.). As far as the Worldstone bit goes, see the beginning of my post.

As to his true motives, who knows? We'll likely find out one way or another, and I'm sure it'll be an awesome story to unveil.

Maybe he had the same line of reasoning Gandalf, Galadriel and Elrond had with Frodo destroying the ring. D2 seems to be a subversion of that quest.

I maintain that Tyrael IS Tassadar of the Diablo Universe. Anything that CAN happen to Tassadar Most likely WILL Happen to Tyrael.
Reply Quote
Ah, couple people beat me to it.

Tyrael is literally the most badass character in any video game I've played (saying a lot). Seeing him as a "bad" guy would deflate a lot of fans I think.

BUT, I think people are spot on when they say we might have confrontation with the angels. I think they will most likely present Tyrael with some major choice, High Heavens or humanity, and after first choosing wrong, or a period of intense contemplation/strife he will choose humanity and fight with us against a new enemy.

I think He has a soft spot for Humanity simply because in his eyes the Humans who choose "Light" are nobler than the Angels (and can possibly render his peers obsolete). It all comes down to the Why these tool using bipedal mammals choose to do good despite the natural inclination not to. I think Auriel might back him up. Maybe he can get his own Paladins.

Reply Quote
I dont think that Tyriel will be against us, but neither will he be on our side. Considering his actions on the world stone which resulted in the destruction of the mount (whats it called, the barbarian homelands), im sure the forces of heaven would have turned against him resulting in him getting banished.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]