Diablo® III

Tyrael.....good or evil??

85 Night Elf Warrior
Hmmm good thread this one!
I always thought about it and reached to a conclusion:
Despite being an Angel, Tyrael tend to support the sanctuary beings to continue living and voted in the council for them to live.
He sympathises with them. Actually i think he will be even more of our side this time cause the fact that he has destroyed the worldstone could be a reaseon for the other angels to banish him from the council or even try to get rid of him. Nut maybe, they all gather forces toghether with the nephalem to ultimately destroy the evil forces.

In any case, i dont see any reason for him to be corrupted. One can argue that the fact that the worldstone was corrupted by Baal can influence him to be evil this time, but i wont agree. Even Inarius who married with the daughter of mephisto and created the whole sanctuary for his own ego to be adored, even he was not corrrupted and didnt become evil.

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think of Tyrael more of Lawful Neutral, bordering on Lawful good.

He wanted to destroy the Nephalim, but saw the potential in them, and changed his mind. Now he helps us out cause the Burning Hells don't treat humanity all that well.
Reply Quote
Tyrael is one of my favorite characters from the world of Diablo. I would rather see him die in D3 then to see him corrupted or end up being the evil mastermind behind it all. Let him stay as a pillar of the light.
Reply Quote
Tyrael is the only angel who gives a DAMN bout sancutuary and the humans. The rest of the "high heavens" just want us as tools to fight the demons. Tyrael probly got banished cause of the part he played in the worldstones destruction, so he has even more reason to side wit the heroes and the humans.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Not entirely true, IMO.
The HH sees the humans as a potentialy greater good, if well managed. Even more than angels.
Though, they fear that the humans could be corrupted by the burning hells and become an even greater evil than those of the Prime evils.
I dont think Tyrael would be banished by destroying the WS. It just means that things are about to happen now. And the HH must take a decision on what to make with the humans.
Reply Quote
09/05/2011 11:01 AMPosted by AxelBlack
Tyrael is the only angel who gives a DAMN bout sancutuary and the humans. The rest of the "high heavens" just want us as tools to fight the demons. Tyrael probly got banished cause of the part he played in the worldstones destruction, so he has even more reason to side wit the heroes and the humans.

The angels that don't like the Humans of Sanctuary would rather THEY (Sanctuary Humans) didn't exist. Even as tools for "The light" their potential for corruption makes them unreliable.
Reply Quote
Jay Wilson (I think it was jay wilson) said tht the Angels arnt happy bout Tyraels destroying the WS. In the most extreme of cases, he was banished. If this is true, then he will have every reason to help the humans resist the angels and the demons. He will probaly want 2c them not made into puppets. Just my theory
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Hmmm interesting. This is exactly what i have been thinking lately.
The other Angels probably got angry on Tyrael cause of the destruction of the WS.
This would make the humans become an even more potential risk, and an imminent threat to peace in sanctuary between the HH and the BH.
Now that its gone, and even if the HH came to banish him, Tyrael is not becoming an evil being, but likely an "outlaw" angel, who is desperately helping the humans, hoping that they could release their full power, and therefore, defeat the hordes of the BH once and for all, proving to the other Angels the Tyrael was right about them.
Reply Quote
Tyrael had a sense of compassion with humanity, hense why he helped the Horadrim bind the three (won't mention the spoiler of that part).

I compare Tyrael with Prometheus and his punishment for helping mankind.
Reply Quote
I would not mind angelic enemies because Diablo angels can be real bastards.

I would dislike seeing Tyrael as an enemy, but could live with it if he did a heel turn.

Also, the mysterious angel-type in Moon of the Spider could have been Tyrael. Maybe. Maybe not.
Reply Quote
If we do get another kind of "Paladin" I think these guys should "Lore wise" answer directly to Tyrael.
Reply Quote
Star, war and diablo games are well known for good characters and their "betrayals." I'd also like to see Tyrael become bad - but I have a suggestion: For once, let's have a bad guy turn good in a surprise twist. That would be kind of fun, no?
Reply Quote
Or, let's have tyrael make a mistake in error, and he has to atone for his own mistakes and he does some sort of self sacrifice (emotionally). That would be fun to watch.
Reply Quote
09/05/2011 11:01 AMPosted by AxelBlack

If The Sin War Trilogy is correct, the Sanctuary Humans Can't be considered part of us, and I'm willing to give their Angels' agenda the benefit of the doubt considering sanctuary humans are their "love children" anyways. (I tend to like Azeroth Humans more) Koprulu Humans atleast came from Earth so they can be thought of as US. (But somehow the Protoss don't inspire as much Pro-Human, Anti-Protoss Hostility)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Tyrael gives a DAMN becaus e he is the Archangel of Justice. Its his nature to be like that.
However, Auriel AND Itherael both the Archangel of love and the archangel of balance (not really mentioned, but likely) voted in favor of humans. Malthael absteined, after all he is the archangel of death and takes no part in those decisions. Only Imperius has voted for total destruction.
None of them wants to Use us against the burning hells, but instead, they believe that we could be potentially more powerful than they are. And for love, justice, balance, death and war, they created the council to decide what would become of humans.
Edited by Brunobyof on 9/14/2011 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It will most probably not be true, just for the fact we just don't know. But personally, I had always looked at Tyrael as that double (triple, quadruple?) agent that keeps an eye upon the Prime Evils.
In other words, Tyrael is perhaps really Belial, The Lord of Lies. Or at least that's what I like to view "him" as.
Reply Quote
I think it would be awesome if we had to save Tyrael from heaven in a short part or as a hidden side quest or something from the penance that have been handed down to him from the High Heavens. It could be part of the hell's where he has been cast away into where he would have little power over some Heaven Affiliated demon. Or that if we get a chance to see the High Heavens and actually have to go out of the way of helping someone who has saved the world but has knowledge of what else must be done. I figure Tyrael must of pissed off a lot of people with the stunt he pulled I think those effects should be shown to him and us.

He was a guiding figure from act 2 to 5 so it would be hard if he couldn't stay his path with aiding humanity which may or may not be a good or bad thing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
or perhaps we are just dreaming .....
what a mess in the plot
Reply Quote
excuse my rusty memory but wasn't IZUAL related to Tyreal? and he turned .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]