Diablo® III

Tyrael.....good or evil??

Izual was Tyrael's friend. He was captured and tortured until he turned to aid the forces of Hell, but even then he was an outcast among their ranks.
Reply Quote
Tyrael = Diablo
Reply Quote
Think about it, Something fell from the sky and awoke a bunch of sleeping evil. Angels come from the sky, not demons.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/19/2011 05:58 AMPosted by Boxebrown
Think about it, Something fell from the sky and awoke a bunch of sleeping evil. Angels come from the sky, not demons.

So do Meteor's and Tyrael's from heaven would be different.
Reply Quote
Since when is the good guy on the cover of the Diablo games?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
09/19/2011 05:04 PMPosted by Boxebrown

I hardly think 2 games worth of cover art (and an expansion, I suppose) is worth claiming a streak of showing the bad guy on the cover. The cover art "philosophy", if there ever was one, could easily be changed for any reason.

I also don't think it's worth anyone's time speculating over Tyrael's alliance. Trying to compare the descent of a meteor to that of an angel coming to earth lacks in creativity in a way that even bad story telling would have to strive to achieve. If they do actually go with your theory (edit - meaning the comparison of meteor to angel), Boxebrown, I promise to not buy Diablo 3.
Edited by Kyrtis on 9/19/2011 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
35 Human Hunter
i think the Heros will banned together to put an end to both high heavens and the burning hells there for bringing balance to the world of sanctuary.

think about it like this

with out Jedi There would be No Sith, so if some one where to kill All Jedi there would be perfect balance in the Force

kinda the same with Diablo series
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
tyreal is defienatly evil or he could be under cover or be playing bad cop we will never know =D
Reply Quote
blizzard stories seem to usually have a main player good guy going bad. starcraft = kerrigan, arthas = warcraft... haven't really seen one of those in diablo yet?... Tyreal would make sense following that trend
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
we have see the bad guys in diablo sir... son of the king in d1 in d2 was a soldier or agains a kid of the king....
Reply Quote
04/15/2012 09:24 PMPosted by MooreDirtyD
blizzard stories seem to usually have a main player good guy going bad. starcraft = kerrigan, arthas = warcraft... haven't really seen one of those in diablo yet?... Tyreal would make sense following that trend

Kerrigan isn't a bad guy in starcraft =P she became Zerg but she is a good influence on them

Also you play as Aiden in D1 who becomes the Dark Wanderer in D2 and turns into diablo... so we have seen this happen=P
Edited by Doggir on 4/16/2012 3:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Tyrael gives a DAMN becaus e he is the Archangel of Justice. Its his nature to be like that.
However, Auriel AND Itherael both the Archangel of love and the archangel of balance (not really mentioned, but likely) voted in favor of humans. Malthael absteined, after all he is the archangel of death and takes no part in those decisions. Only Imperius has voted for total destruction.
None of them wants to Use us against the burning hells, but instead, they believe that we could be potentially more powerful than they are. And for love, justice, balance, death and war, they created the council to decide what would become of humans.

Ermmm...Auriel is the archangel of hope, Itherael is wisdom, Malthael is fate.
Reply Quote
09/19/2011 05:58 AMPosted by Boxebrown

The Book of Cain explicitly says zombies aren't actually associated with the Burning Hells, but are rather a by-product of any non-Sanctuary native activity.

So evil zombies appearing because of Tyrael does not make Tyrael evil.
Reply Quote
As I posited elsewhere, I don't think Tyrael is a bad guy.

I think he just wanted to blow up a mountain.

As far as the actions I've seen him perform in-game (I don't pay attention to the books. Seems too much like fan-fiction that somehow got propelled to sellability. But that's just me.), the stuff he's done has been anti-demon.

He actually tried to prevent Marius from even pulling Baal's soulstone from Tal-Rasha. Although then charging the poor bastard with it's destruction wasn't probably as well thought-out as it could have been. And he charges you, the player, with destroying the soulstones at the hellforge, though what purpose it serves seems unclear (Then again, the entire bit with soulstones confuses me the longer I think about it. So I don't.). As far as the Worldstone bit goes, see the beginning of my post.

As to his true motives, who knows? We'll likely find out one way or another, and I'm sure it'll be an awesome story to unveil.

Maybe he had the same line of reasoning Gandalf, Galadriel and Elrond had with Frodo destroying the ring. D2 seems to be a subversion of that quest.

I maintain that Tyrael IS Tassadar of the Diablo Universe. Anything that CAN happen to Tassadar Most likely WILL Happen to Tyrael.

I disagree. I definitely see him more as the Zeratul type.
Reply Quote
09/19/2011 08:16 PMPosted by Kyrtis

I hardly think 2 games worth of cover art (and an expansion, I suppose) is worth claiming a streak of showing the bad guy on the cover. The cover art "philosophy", if there ever was one, could easily be changed for any reason.

I also don't think it's worth anyone's time speculating over Tyrael's alliance. Trying to compare the descent of a meteor to that of an angel coming to earth lacks in creativity in a way that even bad story telling would have to strive to achieve. If they do actually go with your theory (edit - meaning the comparison of meteor to angel), Boxebrown, I promise to not buy Diablo 3.

Prepare to not buy Diablo 3... ;)
Reply Quote
View profile
04/15/2012 09:24 PMPosted by MooreDirtyD

Warrior, Rogue, and Wizard from D1: Dark Wanderer, Blood Raven, and the Summoner, respectively.

As far as NPC only...

Before Lazarus started doing Diablo's work, Leoric was a just and mighty king.

D2: Order of Zhakarum was an order of light, but was corrupted from within by Mephisto. Nilathak was one of revered elders of Harrogath, but in his short-sightedness, tried to save Harrogath by striking a deal with Baal.

The Diablo Series has had plenty of corruption. Arguably, the entire series is about corruption in one form or the other; though I think the upcoming corruption will not be about Tyreal.

My bet is either Deckard Cain or Leah.
Edited by AlexValcarde#1276 on 4/20/2012 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/20/2012 10:54 AMPosted by AlexValcarde

Warrior, Rogue, and Wizard from D1: Dark Wanderer, Blood Raven, and the Summoner, respectively.

As far as NPC only...

Before Lazarus started doing Diablo's work, Leoric was a just and mighty king.

D2: Order of Zhakarum was an order of light, but was corrupted from within by Mephisto. Nilathak was one of revered elders of Harrogath, but in his short-sightedness, tried to save Harrogath by striking a deal with Baal.

The Diablo Series has had plenty of corruption. Arguably, the entire series is about corruption in one form or the other; though I think the upcoming corruption will not be about Tyreal.

My bet is either Deckard Cain or Leah.

Corruption of the good is the ONLY story that Blizzard do in their games. It's very predictable unfortunately.
Reply Quote
TL:DR. It's gonna be Izual round 2!
Reply Quote
I seriously doubt they would make Tyrael a bad guy. He's always been the picture and representation of true "Justice" regardless of what the situation.

He openly admits in the novels that he incorrectly regarded humans as 'abominations.' But after seeing their capacity for good, he rectified his previous opinion of them.

Anyway Tyrael's character, like Cain, has always been a 'guidance' character for the player, so I highly doubt that they'd turn him evil. If nothing else, it'd be an incredible disservice to the Diablo fanbase (myself included) who love that character so much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]