Diablo® III

Deckard Cain

Angel or Demon?

As the only 'good' character spanning the series there's got to be something we're missing. Is he a Nephalem or something more...

In D1 He sent the mysterious warrior to the depths to 'destroy' Diablo only to be possessed.

In D2 we were kept on the trail of Diablo always a little too late.

Something smells a little fishy..
Reply Quote
I think he's just been played a fool the entire time. He adamantly wants to help but keeps playing directly into Hell's plans.

Sidenote: Technically all humans are Nephalem.
Reply Quote
I think hes a demon in disguise. He wants the hero to kill diablo so that he can raise to power and become Kane the destroyer.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Cain is supposed to be Belial, the Lord of Lies LOL

But its true...i wouldnt be surprised if Blizzard actually twists the story to something so weird that i would feel: WTF has happened?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Isn't he the last in a long line of lore keepers?
Reply Quote
brilliant!,brilliant!,i just hope there will be no spam bots pissing me off on the third
Reply Quote
so i can ... just clear the waterwell of tristam in peace
Reply Quote
or whatever the quests will be
Reply Quote
Deckard Cain...evil? Really guys? I pray 2god this isnt the case
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Eh, didn't a little lore entry from the d3 launch site blizzard put up essentially reveal that while Cain talked a big game of being the last Horadrim, he was really just an old dude born after their time trying to keep with the traditions of his forebears?

Doesn't really strike me as some great evil in disguise; and stating that he is amounts to wild conspiracy theory... I'm gonna come down on the side of "Geriatric-Coot-with-a-Penchant-for-Storytelling".
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock
09/12/2011 08:33 AMPosted by Anciandra
Doesn't really strike me as some great evil in disguise; and stating that he is amounts to wild conspiracy theory... I'm gonna come down on the side of "Geriatric-Coot-with-a-Penchant-for-Storytelling".

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CoolOldGuy
Reply Quote
super hope hes the main evil at end.. :)
maybe not this time but later in expo or something would be sexy twist

+1 to lord of lies person
Reply Quote
The one twist on Cain I'd like to see is "He might be Leah's Father"

I'm sure Leah's some kind of Insurance policy In case sanctuary goes to ... "Heck" But as much clout as she's got being the Daughter of "The warrior" (If that's the case) and possibly has a claim to the throne of Khanduras, all she's got is some magic passed from Mom, and the tutelage of Deckard Cain.

(And if either Cain or Adria was as smart as Agewyn) He'd probably want a being as powerful as Tal Rasha, and the closest to that is someone with his DNA and the DNA of the only other powerful magic user he knows, and then he should have had her live with the Amazons (Or some other hybrid magic user / warrior type) so she'd be handy in a fight as well.
Edited by FiveTwelve on 9/14/2011 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
What a weird ideia bro! In Diablo 1, Adria and the warrior had tha same age, but Cain was an Elder yet...
I can't imagine Cain Being Leah's father...
In fact, the beta has brought us this question to clarification:
Adria and Aiden are the parents of Leah (Aiden is the warrior)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Now for a further elaborating retarded theory.

dun..........

dun...........

dun............

He is somehow Inarius!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]