Diablo® III

Names like zZNameZz, XxXNameXxX

Was popular for awhile in Diablo 2 would this lower/uppercase combination still be possible? Or does the name automatically default to first letter cap only?
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 02:23 PMPosted by AUGHUST
Was popular for awhile in Diablo 2 would this lower/uppercase combination still be possible? Or does the name automatically default to first letter cap only?
NO IDEA. Names like those are typically born out of the fact that your actual name was taken though, and you had to put random !@#$ around it in order to get it. You probably won't have to do that in D3. Instead character names in D3 will probably be like account names in SC2, where you can pick whatever you like and run with it, even if someone else already has it.
Reply Quote
Your names are unique to your account.

So you can have a barb named Thor, and you friend can also have a barb named Thor. However, you can not have 2 barbs named Thor on your account.
Reply Quote
I thought people intentionally chose to do that to have some cool wings around their name? Lol. Assuming the naming system will be similar to SC2 I guess you can have a combination of both uppercase and lowercase in names.
Edited by AUGHUST on 8/25/2011 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 02:28 PMPosted by AUGHUST
I thought people intentionally chose to do that to have some cool wings around their name? Lol. Assuming the naming system will be similar to SC2 I guess you can have a combination of both uppercase and lowercase in names.
Yeah, I'm sure it'll still happen, I just suspect it'll happen less. I don't know about the upper and lowercase, if that's like SC2 also, was just commenting on the non unique names.
08/25/2011 02:31 PMPosted by Lomak
I hope they adopt the Sc2 naming philosophy. Let people choose whatever name they like and keep them separate with a simple 3 digit code that follows. Would work well here.
Yeah, it was a good philosophy. I also kind of liked the name.identifier system though. Good ol wangs.ofliberty.
Edited by Static on 8/25/2011 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]