Diablo® III

Passive Skill System

I did a quick search and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I just wanted to know about the passive skill system. Is it like the skills where you can only have 6 out of 20ish, or do you get them all over time? Are they class specific?

Thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
you can only have 3 and you access them by level just like skills i believe
Reply Quote
Are they changeable at anytime like skills?
Reply Quote
yes
Reply Quote
As far as I can tell, yes.
Reply Quote
You get access to your first passive at level 10 and have the last of them unlock at level 30. You chose 3 at a time. Presumably you can change them on the fly just like any other skill. I don't think we know how many you will have to chose from in total, but it will be somewhere between 10 and 20. You will not be able to socket runes into passives.

What little is known is mostly here:

http://www.diablowiki.net/Passive_skills
Edited by iPanda on 8/25/2011 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
THAT is something that I don't remember being clarified but I believe so. Would be cool to get an official answer or somebody could throw out a link where they said somethin about it.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
AEC
You get access to your first passive at level 10 and have the last of them unlock at level 30. You chose 3 at a time. Presumably you can change them on the fly just like any other skill. I don't think we know how many you will have to chose from in total, but it will be somewhere between 10 and 20. You will not be able to socket runes into passives.

You got the old info.
Reply Quote

You got the old info

So this is old info that has been changed?
Reply Quote
To clarify, you don't only get a new passive skill at 10, 20 and 30. Those are the levels at which passive skill SLOTS open. Starting at level 10, you learn new passives at a regular pace until 30. There are a LOT more passive skills than 3 per class. Just making sure that's clear, because my dumb !@# didn't realize that until like 2 days ago. :)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
AEC

You got the old info

So this is old info that has been changed?

The wiki is correct but as of right know the devs said you can only chose 3 passive skills.
Reply Quote
I wish they would go back to calling them traits instead of passive skills. Although there might be a lot of people who would see this and go "What the heck are traits? *click* Ohh, these are passive skills." so meh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]