Diablo® III

Fall of Tristram

I'd like to see a direct novelization of Diablo I. First act taking straight from the Manual of King Leoric's "Fall" and the second where Diablo I starts, the guy who would become the wanderer (The warrior), the summoner (The Sorcerer) and Blood Raven, and a little bit more about them.
Reply Quote
I've said in the past that the confirmation on the summoner and blood raven are a bit lacking, but a novel about the events would be pretty cool. The main reason of course being that the way a particular story need be portrayed in video games is drastically different than in a book.
Reply Quote
Jeff Grubb, Aron Rosenberg and Christie Golden have all done direct adaptations of WarCraft and StarCraft in game "chapters", and Christie Golden is very good at filling in the blanks without altering the characters too much. I see the Corruption of Leorics court akin to something similar (With a Human face), And the transformation of the three principal characters like Kerrigan's infestation.

Everything else in the Diablo-verse reads like an "Age of Conan" novel. Any direct adaptation of Diablo I, should at least have a different feel, a more tragic sense, and a sense that Leroic and the West's Zakarum trully could have been a force for good rather than an Angelic pawn.
Reply Quote
Looking through the context of the lore it seems as though nearly all of the religions that exist within Sanctuary are simply setup to create pawns for one side or the other, primarily with the exception of The Followers of Rathma. Also not enough information to go on whatever religion the Monk's practice obviously lol.
Reply Quote
09/10/2011 12:02 AMPosted by Shingan
I'd like to see a direct novelization of Diablo I. First act taking straight from the Manual of King Leoric's "Fall" and the second where Diablo I starts, the guy who would become the wanderer (The warrior), the summoner (The Sorcerer) and Blood Raven, and a little bit more about them.

this is already out, its just wrapped up in a game called Diablo 1 :P

That's what I'm saying turn Diablo I into a book. (Or simply have someone else fill in the blanks in the Manual)
Reply Quote
09/10/2011 12:02 AMPosted by Shingan

this is already out, its just wrapped up in a game called Diablo 1 :P

That's what I'm saying turn Diablo I into a book. (Or simply have someone else fill in the blanks in the Manual)
Reply Quote
09/09/2011 10:18 AMPosted by Auspicious
Looking through the context of the lore it seems as though nearly all of the religions that exist within Sanctuary are simply setup to create pawns for one side or the other, primarily with the exception of The Followers of Rathma. Also not enough information to go on whatever religion the Monk's practice obviously lol.

Mostly because Richard Knaak writes most of the Diablo Lore (He loves his Necromancers the same way Karen Traviss loves her Mandalorians.)

And even if that's what the Angels intend, I'd like to think the Sanctuary Humans have other reasons for being (Sanctuary's definition of) "Good" than simply being mind controlled automatons of THIS high heavens. Lachdanan for the very few lines he has was one of the coolest characters in the game. If the Zakarum could create characters like Lachdanan, Khalim and D2's Player Character Paladin, (which actually rebelled against the Original Zakarumites) they Zakarum it's self couldn't be ALL bad.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Yeah nice one!
Thats what i was wondering about...
And the warrior become the wanderer, trolled Adria, then Leah, granddaughter of Diablo is born! ehuheuue
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]