Diablo® III

Ok I got a email today about beta

(Locked)

Can you post the entire email message?
Assuming you aren't trolling, the easiest way to find out is by manually visiting us.battle.net and logging into your account. Don't click any links in the e-mail.
You can post the message just not any links, if it's real, you're lucky!
Does it give you a link to sign into bnet? Then it's a scam.
witch is spelled which
This is troll...
90 Troll Druid
08/31/2011 11:54 AMPosted by GeminiEclips
Does it give you a link to sign into bnet? Then it's a scam.
This.

If it's from blizzard.com or battle.net, is just instructions, and doesn't have any links then it's either legit or a hoax, but not a scam.
It's a hoax. The website is probably like
us.battle.net.randomstuff.morerandomstuff.phishingattempt/randomnumbers.

As for how they know you went to blizzcon? Well how do people know I have a runescape account? I don't and I still get emails about a runescape account.
Edited by GeminiEclips on 8/31/2011 12:00 PM PDT
08/31/2011 11:58 AMPosted by Chambermaid
Yes it gives me a link to the battle.net account log in I am calling blizzard and asking if I can get a confermation that these email have been sent out. If needed I will forward it to them so they can report it as phishing

Good luck, hope it's real. Obviously don't click on any links.
You don't need to call them. Bash has already stated that the only action needed to confirm a beta invite is to got to battle.net (type the url into your web browser, do not follow links), log into your account and check you account page to see if D3 beta is listed as a downloadable client.
08/31/2011 12:00 PMPosted by Apheun
You don't need to call them. Bash has already stated that the only action needed to confirm a beta invite is to got to battle.net (type the url into your web browser, do not follow links), log into your account and check you account page to see if D3 beta is listed as a downloadable client.

No. It works different for the Blizzcon keys. They did not ask for Battle.net e-mails in the last blizzcon. Therefore the key is sent to your e-mail and you can register it to an account of your choice. It was the same way with Starcraft 2 keys. Those of us who got in through Blizzcon had to register our game key. Those who were opted-in got in through the method you listed. Please do some research before you post.
*smacks you with a rolled up newspaper*

I said don't follow links. Type the battle.net address into your web browser's url bar, click account at the top of the page (or click it at the top of this page for that matter), sign in, and view the games listed on your account. You can even click the "download game client" button on the side of your account screen. If D3 isn't there, the email is a fake.

EDIT @ Erik:

Oh. Nm then I guess? But I thought the Blizzcon invites were related to this year's attendees and not last year's. Whatevah. I've given my best advice. If you get malware, it wasn't for my lack of trying.
Edited by Apheun on 8/31/2011 12:08 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]