Diablo® III

Ok I got a email today about beta

(Locked)

MVP
08/31/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Martyr
Do you know if they'll be keys that you have to submit to get into the beta? Or will it be the usual "check your Battle.net" invite?

BlizzCon e-mails should be receiving actual keys, as per the Beta FAQ/Overview from the Press Event.

08/31/2011 01:30 PMPosted by Avelles
Where did you get this confirmation from?

Because only press/fansites will receive keys prior to the Beta beginning. This is just how it works. Day 1 is usually reserved for Press/Fansites and public invites go out shortly thereafter.

The Beta did not start yet.
He's a Starcraft MVP who follows a lot of Diablo stuff and is a mod on Diablofans

He also has one of the only legit beta keys we know of from the press invites. He usually has top notch information.

He has top notch information as to what they tell him. No offense to him, love the diablo vids, watch them all the time. BUT

he does no work for blizzard

they are not going to just throw informatin out to him because he has a fansite for a long time and they think he is cool. He knows what he knows because thats what blizzard has told him thus far.

nuff said.
MVP
I'm not asking anyone to take my word for it. If you don't want to trust what I have to say, then don't, simple as that. But when you end up getting scammed because you either:
A) Sent a phisher your account and password, or
B) Clicked on a link from a phishing e-mail and logged in through their fake website, then you will regret it.
08/31/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Sixen
Do you know if they'll be keys that you have to submit to get into the beta? Or will it be the usual "check your Battle.net" invite?

BlizzCon e-mails should be receiving actual keys, as per the Beta FAQ/Overview from the Press Event.

Where did you get this confirmation from?

Because only press/fansites will receive keys prior to the Beta beginning. This is just how it works. Day 1 is usually reserved for Press/Fansites and public invites go out shortly thereafter.

The Beta did not start yet.

Just curious, if "usually day 1 is reserved for press and invites go shortly after" does it mean Blizzard picking luky people from blizzcon and giving them the beta like anybody else? It doesn't confirm that they won't send notifications about being chosen and getting an e-mail =/= being in beta the first day
78 Blood Elf Death Knight
I tried to submit my fansite to blizzard pr from PR@blizzard.com I think was the address. All I got was an auto response. From my understanding the beta information (maybe access) is going to fan sites. I started my fansite and am still trying to network and build a community.

I think everything blizzard does is via your battle.net account. So I'd just log in to the battle.net account like you normally do and check your profile.

And I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post my website or not, but, if anyone can answer that for me I"d be greatful because I'd like to invite everyone over to my forums and anyone willing to network your fansite with mine let me know!! I also plan to do alot of youtube stuff.

The Punisher, owner of diablo3inferno fansite.
Edited by Thepunisher on 8/31/2011 1:56 PM PDT
I'm not asking anyone to take my word for it. If you don't want to trust what I have to say, then don't, simple as that. But when you end up getting scammed because you either:
A) Sent a phisher your account and password, or
B) Clicked on a link from a phishing e-mail and logged in through their fake website, then you will regret it.

I trust you and agree with you. I HIGHLY doubt that the beta invites "accidently" went out to "some" people today. Blizzard isn't exactly known for making mistakes.

Just didn't want people to think that a green post is = to a blue post as far as information goes.
It sounds like Sixen is merely trying to be on the cautious side and looking out for everyone's best interests with the information he has. With that said, whether it is real or not, the only way to be sure is to wait until your battle.net profile updates.
MVP
Just curious, if "usually day 1 is reserved for press and invites go shortly after" does it mean Blizzard picking luky people from blizzcon and giving them the beta like anybody else? It doesn't confirm that they won't send notifications about being chosen and getting an e-mail =/= being in beta the first day

They won't receive e-mails saying that they will be in the beta, prior to the beta beginning. I also find it hard to believe that only one person invited from BlizzCon is saying they got invited. What happened to the other 999?

When Blizzard sends out the BlizzCon Beta invites, they will say so. It won't be a surprise.
08/31/2011 01:53 PMPosted by Sixen

AHH CRAP MY WOW TOONS ARE NAKED!!!@

jk

Hai Sixen :D
08/31/2011 01:55 PMPosted by Sixen

They won't receive e-mails saying that they will be in the beta, prior to the beta beginning. I also find it hard to believe that only one person invited from BlizzCon is saying they got invited. What happened to the other 999?

When Blizzard sends out the BlizzCon Beta invites, they will say so. It won't be a surprise.

Yeah I wasn't saying anything about this case, like I said I was just curious since with the Blizzcon thing "maybe it would have been different" about the e-mails being like everybody else.
60 Gnome Warlock
I wounder if fan sites like contributions when games are released? I intend on data basing every aspect of Diablo III during beta and on release. I usually end up with a few gigs worth of images, descriptions, and statistics of games when they come out as I like to write in depth comprehensive guides in English and Portuguese.
Edited by Difusion on 8/31/2011 2:02 PM PDT
trange I would get a email that said I got because of blizzcon 2010 attendee " I was there why I asked "

That's how phishing works, you send to a large audience of recipients and hopefully a few will bite. If the email at all asks for you to follow a link or reply, it's probably not legit. Blizzard has stated that they will inform you and you will have to go and log into your battle.net account on your own.
65 Blood Elf Paladin
I like Phish
08/31/2011 02:07 PMPosted by Chambermaid
did you get one ? did anyone get one here like that ?

nope. I went to Blizzcon 2010, Have tickets for this year as well. No email. Not even a phishing scam... nobody likes me apparently :(
What's with the random quotation marks dude? "I was there why I asked" - I hate to be THAT GUY but the lack of grammar / plain readable English on here sometimes is disgusting.

As far as my opinion on this Beta invite situation - I guarantee you that Blizzard uses software, similar to what they use when sending out the random WoW advertisements we all get, in order to send out their Beta invites. I don't believe there's a way the system can send out a few "accidentally". As much as I'd LOVE to hope this is real, it just doesn't add up w/o anyone else sharing the same story online. It is still early in the day, however...and that they knew you went to Blizzcon is intriguing; maybe you mentioned you went to Blizzcon in another post of yours and someone on here is phishing you..?

Everyone else: This guy doesn't really seem like he's trolling, honestly. I don't know what to make of it in the end.
Edited by Upgrades on 8/31/2011 2:21 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]