Diablo® III

Adria the Witch

85 Blood Elf Paladin
What happened to Adria since Diablo 1? She is mentioned in Cain's Journal but in a gameplay video there is an interesting dialogue

Hero: Your mother's secrets are here
Leah: People said said she was a witch, but I never believed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdvIihHL4CE (4:30 into it)

What role does Adria play in Diablo 3? Is Leah really her daughter? It would make for an interesting story. What if she really is the secret daughter of Deckard and Adria and not just the adopted daughter. She would really be the last of the Horadrim which would leave room for them to possibly kill off Cain. Before I'm lynched for saying that, here is a quote from Jay Wilson

Jay Wilson: Leah is the adopted daughter of Deckard Cain. Cain’s a lot older; we felt like we needed another char to play some of his role. And also to be more active. We wanted a char who was out in the world with the player who would interact and help out. She’s a quest giver and sometimes companion.

Or what if she is the love child of the Wanderer and Adria? Leah looks about 20ish which fits the timeline.
And seeing as they are investigating this "witch" (and assuming it's Adria), what role has she played in the story of Sanctuary? Did she have a hand in the awakening of Diablo or maybe she is the mastermind behind the Exile of the Three.

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear them :)
Reply Quote
Cain is responsible for all our problems! Lynch him I say. It's about time we finished off this senile old quest giver!

Leah? Sounds good to me. I like taking orders from the bodacious babes. As far as Exiling ect... I'd say they could literally go anywhere with the story.

My 2 cents:

Heaven faction wants to resurrect the prime evils to restore the balance. They might even need them to help reforge a new world stone.

Our old angel homeboy joins us (reservedly) as we battle heaven this go around:
Act 4 isn't hell this time, it's heaven. Expansion will see the revival of the prime evils, despite our gratuitous beating of heaven's guardians.

Conclusion:
Best part of Darksiders was fighting demons and angels. I hope D3 takes us in this direction, and with the iron curtain on acts 3 and 4 I have a feeling this would be a justifiable turn of events.

As far as some complete human-npc having a hand in great events like you're guessing... especially one we haven't heard of till now? Well what do I know. But it sounds pretty unlikely.

PS: I hope our old home boy angel pulls an obi-wan-kinobi move. He's got to be a target on everyone's list now that he's totaled the world stone.

PSS: Adria is just a pair of legs and a sweet voice. I approve of the lovechild idea.
Reply Quote
I have actually been quite curious on this matter. My biggest pondering is that of the name Aidan. After completing the quest you mention, the player receives an excerpt from Adria's journal discussing Aidan coming to her with a troubled heart and her 'consoling' him as best she could. She then mentions that wherever he goes hell is surely to follow. After some research Aidan is never mentioned before D3, however he is mentioned a couple times in D3 as the son of the monarch and the original slayer of the Skeleton King (according to Diablo Wiki). Interestingly enough the players are the original slayers of the Skeleton King and according to the Lore, the warrior is the one who actually completes the deed, going all the way through the dungeon and becoming the Dark Wanderer after slaying Diablo and inserting Diablo's Soulstone into his skull.

So if this all adds up, the writers are finally giving a name to the Dark Wanderer and his name is Aidan. This all kind of fits your love child theory as well because if, say, he had just slain Diablo, he would have the Soulstone in his skull, then he would go and see Adria, who then would 'console'(aka sex) him as best she could (she says he has a troubled heart, probably because of his internal struggle with Diablo), then he would leave (and since he is becoming Diablo, the statement "Hell would certainly follow" would make a lot more sense). She would become pregnant giving birth to a girl Leah who would then, theoretically, have some part of Diablo in her even if it is just a small part, due to the Warrior beginning to become corrupted by the Soulstone. (although I have no idea what having a small part of Diablo in her would possibly signify, just saying that some part would most likely be there since Diablo loves himself some corruption)

All of this fits the 20 year timeline like you said and leaves some interesting role for Leah to fill. Of course this is all speculation and theories with more holes then swiss cheese, but, if you look deeply enough they all make sense and sets up the story nicely for possibly some corruption of Leah or some betrayal by Adria.

The only issue I have is the resetting of some of the Lore. I mean essentially we are just finding out more information, but if they are giving the Dark Wanderer a name, that both nullifys the fact that the player's Warrior from D1 days were their own creation, and in actuality was just another character that became a plot point. This kind of takes away from the Diablo Trilogy theme of you being the hero by creating your avatar of sorts, but really this is just a minor complaint that i wouldn't care too much about if the story is well written with intrigue and plot twists. All hail M. Night Shyamalan :P
Edited by Bauldur on 10/5/2011 9:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Aidan walks around afterward with a big soulstone stuck in his forehead... If that isn't a queue to hightail it out of Tristam then i don't know what is.

Aidan made it with Adria when he had a giant soulstone stuck in his head? yeah i don't think he could have hid that... >.<
Edited by Witmiester on 10/5/2011 10:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Aidan walks around afterward with a big soulstone stuck in his forehead... If that isn't a queue to hightail it out of Tristam then i don't know what is.

Aidan made it with Adria when he had a giant soulstone stuck in his head? yeah i don't think he could have hid that... >.<

If you watch the D2 cinematics, I cannot even notice the soulstone in his head but it also leads into the idea that Adria possibly knew what she was doing. What if part of Diablo's was transferred from the Wanderer to Leah? Maybe this is what Adria had intended.

This isn't the first time Blizzard would have used an 'innocent' girl as a catalyst for something more sinister (Anveena Teague in the Sunwell and Sara in Ulduar).
Reply Quote

He very well could have hidden it under a cowl or something. I mean Adria was a witch so who is to say that it had to be some passionate caring lovemaking. Maybe she just got dirty with the guy because she was trying to ease his mind. Maybe she is all about Diablo in the first place and like Nessi said wanted some part of Diablo transferred to her. I mean she did show up out of nowhere when the town was going to hell (pun intended) and she set up shop. Maybe shop was actually her trying to help Diablo by further corrupting the Hero. Who knows what she really put in that potion(Black Mushroom Quest in D1). She did after all make it without the elixir to cure demon poisoning. That could be because she knew the Elixir would slow the effect of Diablo's corruption on the Hero as he made his descent.

Wow my conspiracy theories are getting pretty intense, but they all add up. Really anyone interested should go read the quests and quotes about her from Diablo 1, or replay it if you are feeling the desire. It is all incredibly interesting and complex and if this all becomes a reality then INCREDIBLE foresight from the writers.

I definitely think something major is gonna happen with Leah. Be it good or bad, I cannot wait to see what they do with the character especially since she is the daughter of Adria. Adria was an incredibly interesting character for a game that did not have an incredibly deep story. If you read all the dialog from the other NPC's about her it is all very cryptic and interesting and I am very glad they are bringing her back.

This game cannot come out fast enough!
Edited by Bauldur on 10/5/2011 10:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Adria is a witch and the potion vendor in D1. And Aidan is the warrior hero in D1 who is the eldest son of Leoric.
Aiden slayed Diablo and tried to stuck the soulstone into his forehead and seal Diablo. Obviously in D2 we know that Aidan, who is once the hero, became a dark wanderer and finally wholly processed and became Diablo, failed to seal Diablo without Tyrael's magic which used to seal Baal in Tal Rasha's body with a soulstone.
Before became the dark wanderer, Aidan fighted against Diablo's evil power and become melancholy day by day. When he went for Adria for comfort, Leah came into being.

So Leah is the daughter of of Adria, a mysterious witch and Aidan, who is the son of Leoric, the hero that killed Diablo, and even Diablo himself.
We can guess that Leah inherited a part of soul from Diablo.
Reply Quote
Hallowed are the Ori.

...wait.
Edited by Deadtomato on 10/5/2011 11:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
additionally:
Three primal heros in D1 are all dead.They are:
Warrior Hero, Aidan, was killed by player in the Chaos Sanctuary in D2.
Sorcerer,who is processed by Horazon and was killed by player in the Arcane Sanctuary in Act2, D2.
Rogue Hero, Blood Raven, was killed and controlled by Andariel, and killed once by player in Act1,D2.

It's very BAD to be a hero, I think.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
additionally:
Sorcerer,who is processed by Horazon and was killed by player in the Arcane Sanctuary in Act2, D2.
Rogue Hero, Blood Raven, was killed and controlled by Andariel, and killed once by player in Act1,D2.

I think Aidan was dead long before the Chaos Sanctuary...
Reply Quote
If you watch the D2 cinematics, I cannot even notice the soulstone in his head but it also leads into the idea that Adria possibly knew what she was doing. What if part of Diablo's was transferred from the Wanderer to Leah? Maybe this is what Adria had intended.

The Wanderer transformed into Diablo and killed by played in Chaos Sanctuary in Act4.
However, we can't ignore possibilities.
Reply Quote
10/05/2011 11:11 PMPosted by Nessi
I think Aidan was dead long before the Chaos Sanctuary...

Yes you can say he is long dead before since his own soul is utterly consumed by Diablo and his body was processed and even transformed in Act 3 end Cinematic into Diablo who is killed in Chaos Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
10/05/2011 10:47 PMPosted by Bauldur
Maybe shop was actually her trying to help Diablo by further corrupting the Hero. Who knows what she really put in that potion(Black Mushroom Quest in D1).

That make sence indeed. I thought it was without Tyrael's magic that cause him to be processed. But what you say makes more sence.

Players can even get black mushrooms from her cauldron in D3. And it was Leah who studied Adria's journal and seems no important clues was found.
Maybe Leah(?)'s purpose was to destroy clues that left by Adria? Who knows? Let's wait for the release of D3.
Reply Quote
additionally:

where does it state that those bosses are related to the d1 player characters? just curious about it since i dont recall seeing it in d2
Reply Quote
10/05/2011 11:21 PMPosted by Belial
where does it state that those bosses are related to the d1 player characters? just curious about it since i dont recall seeing it in d2

You could learn Aidan's story from Cain's Journal
After you kill that sorcerer in Arcane Sanctuary, go and talk to Drognan, he will tell you that the sorcerer who talked with him and claimed that he fought Diablo, was obviously processed by Horazon.
You can learn Blood Raven's story from Akara in Rogue's Camp.
Reply Quote
Cain: I had snu snu.
Reply Quote
awesome! you guys provided the insight i was looking for. Whatever the outcome is, it is bound to make a fascinating story in D3!

also thank you IssacHawke for mentioning where you can find all the information about the other heroes. I totally forgot about all the extra dialogue from the npc's about the heroes from D1 and it is interesting to see what happened to them.

I wonder if the heroes from D2 will end up as abominations that we have to battle against in D3!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]