Diablo® III

Diablo Site Looks Too Much Like the WoW Site.

(Locked)

85 Tauren Death Knight
I think the WoW one looks more like a battle.net forum, hmm this one does too. Wait a minute, is D3 going to use Battlenet's new system? Nah, I don't think so either.
Community Manager
We love it when people are enthusiastic about all of our games. So of course we want there to be a similarity in the functionality and feel of each community site which supports them. :)

We want it to be a rather seamless transition when you visit any of the http://battle.net 2.0 sites. If you look at the WoW, SC2, and DIII sites carefully though, you'll see how the flavors of each game -- in particular the look of the UI, art style, font, and color schemes -- really enhance each site's atmosphere.

It's worth noting too you'll only be able to post here if you have a DIII license... once the game is released! Along with that players will have all-new Diablo character avatars.

I'm very happy to finally have this community site join the new battle.net family, for serious. :D

Oh, also this:

Blizzard wants ease of communication between all their games via the new battle.net. Having sites that are familiar across all (newer) games is just part of that synergy.

08/24/2011 11:34 PMPosted by Fendria
Does your wow account have to be active to post on here, I wonder? Mine is gonna expire in a day or so, I was just on a free 7-day thing to check out the new patch.

Yes, for now you just need an active World of Warcraft or StarCraft II license to post here. Once beta begins, those chosen to participate will get access as well.
I love the site so far. The background art is amazing.

Everything is pretty easy to use. I really would like a Diablo avatar though. =(

Yes, for now you just need an active World of Warcraft or StarCraft II license to post here. Once beta begins, those chosen to participate will get access as well.

Ah, OK. And also, Fendria was me, but I figured out how to select my SCII account. It was simple enough! :)
All of the sites are going to look similar. They want a unified look for everything.
80 Blood Elf Death Knight

Is there any chance I could switch to my SC2 license to post here? I'm not sure how to do it so I'm stuck with the WoW one.

Is there any chance I could switch to my SC2 license to post here? I'm not sure how to do it so I'm stuck with the WoW one.

There is. When I logged in I was set as my WoW mage portrait.

- Click your character name located in the top right of the page and look at the drop down menu.

- Go to 'Manage Characters'

- Your Starcraft II Character will be called whatever you named it followed by the identifier.

Eg. "Khrono#153"
It's time to put that "dislike" button to the test how dark his (OP) post can go.

85 Tauren Shaman
I always enjoy practicality over anything else, and this is just plain easy to use and easy on the eyes.
85 Human Death Knight
I think September was mentioned for Beta. Which could put release in the holiday season. At least this is what I keep telling myself:P
43 Night Elf Mage
08/25/2011 02:54 AMPosted by Melkoda
easy to use and easy on the eyes.

I agree, except for the color of the font. It may just the hour, but the gray is making my eyes water
Hurrdurr official forum is up, I guess it's time to complain about everything.
08/24/2011 11:28 PMPosted by Shadelord
Anyone else agree with me?

Well... it looks like a Blizzard site. :)

It's awesome, just go with it.
86 Human Warrior
I kinda like the similarity. I'm okay with this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]