Diablo® III

Builds that you'd create...

curious to see what builds you guys would create using the skills/abilities that you've seen thus far... if you dont know the name of the ability jsut describe it.

to get us started this would be the build for my mage

• decintigrate (hope I'm spelling that right) for long range

• mana armor (or mage armor, whichever its called) for defensive and because when you use it in conjunction with decintigrate it looks FREAKIN SICK

• The thing where lightning shoots from ur fingertips at short range for frontal aoe for small groups of close targets

• ray of frost (i think it is) with the rune that makes it do a circle around the wizard instead of a beam for if i get surrounded

• and for passives, sry i forgot these but I'd use:

glass cannon (increases damage by 20% but decreases armor by 20% as well)

astral presence (increases arcane power by 20%)

And probably unstable energy, which knocks back anyone it hits when you go under 20% health
    that or I'd use black ice (inc damage on frozen targets by 20%) or expert defense (inc defense by 20%) to make up for glass cannon
    Edited by ImakeDEADppl on 8/25/2011 5:38 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    91 Blood Elf Hunter
    id create a monk that ate lots of tacos.. and worked at taco bell on Tuesdays to buy more tacos from the place he worked!

good build yea?
    Reply Quote
    id create a monk that ate lots of tacos.. and worked at taco bell on Tuesdays to buy more tacos from the place he worked!

good build yea?

Taco Tuesday Buff: +20% bonus to deliciousness, -10% hunger.
    Reply Quote
    My friends and I have been discussing stuff and our party will probably consist of Wizard (me), a Witch Doctor, and either 2 Monks or 1 Monk and 1 Barbarian. The Monk and Barb will obviously be up front soaking damage and WD pets will provide a lot of cannon fodder, allowing me to go towards a glass cannon build.

//Subject to change once I know how runes affect Wizard skills//

ACTIVE

Electrocute
    Requires Level: 6
    Lightning arcs from the Wizard's fingertips towards an enemy, dealing Lightning damage.

Disintegrate
    Requires Level: 12
    Emanate a beam of pure energy, dealing Arcane damage per second and disintegrating enemies it kills.

Slow Time
    Requires Level: 16
    Warps space and time, slowing nearby monsters and projectiles for X seconds.

Teleport
    Requires Level: 18
    Teleport instantly to the selected location.

Hydra
    Requires Level: 19
    Creates a multi-headed Hydra that attacks your enemies with bolts of fire, dealing Fire damage per attack for X seconds.

Blizzard
    Requires Level: 26
    Call down shards of ice around an area, dealing Cold damage per second.

PASSIVE

Quickening
    Required level: 10
    Increase casting speed by 10%

Glass Cannon
    Required level: 13
    Increases damage dealt by 20%, but reduces armor by 20%

Piercing Attacks
    Required level: 25
    Reduces the magical resistances of enemies by 20%.
    Reply Quote
    A ridiculous barbarian build with NO WEAPON ATTACKS!!!!!!

Ground Stomp
    Requires Level: 1
    Shakes the ground, stunning all nearby enemies.

Ignore Pain
    Requires Level: 4
    Reduces all damage taken by a percentage and grants immunity to root, snare, and stun effects for X seconds.

Threatening Shout
    Requires Level: 9
    Shouts with great ferocity, reducing damage done by nearby enemies by a percentage for X seconds.

War Cry
    Requires Level: 14
    A terrifying cry that generates Fury and increases the armor of the Barbarian and all nearby party members.

Sprint
    Requires Level: 23
    Grants the Barbarian a speed boost for X seconds.

Earthquake
    Requires Level: Around 24-26
    Shakes the earth violently, causing massive damage to all nearby enemies.

Iron Skin
    Requires Level: Level 10
    Increases armor by 100%.

Expert Defense
    Requires Level: 20
    Increases defense by 20%.

Toughness
    Requires Level: 23
    Increases vitality by 20%.
    Reply Quote
    I have a feeling that slow time/teleport will become a staple of most wiz builds. They seem REALLY good together.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]