Diablo® III

Skill Tree discussion

85 Blood Elf Hunter

I'm curious about what the three skill trees will be. This post is for speculation, discussion, and any news.
Reply Quote
Hate to break it to you, but it doesn't work like "Three skill trees" anymore.

There are skills unlocked at specific levels like in WoW from levels 1-29. You will have access to all of them, though you can only use 6 at a time.

Before you whine, remember that there are 5 distinct skill rune effects for each of these skills that add varying benefits or wildly change properties.

The limitation of 6 skills at a time combined with what runes you decide to put into those 6 skills will make for uniqueness that 'three skill trees' don't allow for.
Edited by hexed on 8/25/2011 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yup cant wait to combined some awesome runes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Whine? That sounds amazing!

Molten Arrow
Cluster Bomb
Bola
Entangling Shot

Vault

Hmmm... Grenades or Spike Trap. Such decisions.
Reply Quote
Whine? That sounds amazing!

Molten Arrow
Cluster Bomb
Bola
Entangling Shot

Vault

Hmmm... Grenades or Spike Trap. Such decisions.

They took out molten arrow, but replaced it with a really cool one called elemental arrow that is quite different depending on which rune you put into it presumably. The lightning one is a slower ball of lightning that zaps things around it.

Interestingly enough the molten trail effect that the skill had is incorporated into a rune for Vault- you leave it in your wake when you cartwheel, adding a bit of offensive flair to the skill.

Marked for death, smoke screen, companion, shadow power, and preparation are other skills you could consider. XD
Edited by hexed on 8/25/2011 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
How are the passive skills going to work? Are they going to part of the 6 you choose or do you get all passives skills as you level?

My 6 at this point would be something like this.
Entangling Shot
Fan of Knives
Companion
Multishot
Shadow Power
Elemental Arrow or Rapid Fire

Jay Wilson was right when he said with 7 skills everyone will be happy, but with 6 you will need to make a hard decision.
Edited by Liquidstorm on 8/25/2011 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sentry! Sure, it's somewhat like the Hydra spell.. but it shoots arrows!
Reply Quote
Love Shadow Power, but I think Hungering Arrow will be nice throughout the game too. Though I'm most stoked about rapid fire/MS/Strafe and vaulting around \o/
Reply Quote
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/26685-what-would-be-your-ideal-demon-hunter-build/page__p__627530#entry627530

^--- Demon hunter skill list from Diablofans, they're mostly speculation on what they actually do but hey at least we can look at them all and dream, right?
Reply Quote
Hate to break it to you, but it doesn't work like "Three skill trees" anymore.

There are skills unlocked at specific levels like in WoW from levels 1-29. You will have access to all of them, though you can only use 6 at a time.

Before you whine, remember that there are 5 distinct skill rune effects for each of these skills that add varying benefits or wildly change properties.

The limitation of 6 skills at a time combined with what runes you decide to put into those 6 skills will make for uniqueness that 'three skill trees' don't allow for.

Who says you couldn't also use runes with skill trees?
Reply Quote
08/25/2011 09:52 PMPosted by Liquidstorm
How are the passive skills going to work? Are they going to part of the 6 you choose or do you get all passives skills as you level?

You are able to unlock up to three passive skill slots every 10 levels. The passives are separate from the active slots. I would assume that you are allowed to freely swap your passive skills, just like you can with your active skills.
Reply Quote
09/08/2011 10:22 PMPosted by Vhin

You are able to unlock up to three passive skill slots every 10 levels. The passives are separate from the active slots. I would assume that you are allowed to freely swap your passive skills, just like you can with your active skills.

You forgot to mention there are only 3 Passive skill slots.

So 6 active skill and 3 passive skills. I think you gain them all by the time you are 30.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]