Diablo® III

What Became of Adria the witch from D1?

Does anyone know??!?!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
She died, but not before squeezing out a kid-- the girl whom Cain adopted.
Reply Quote
I considered the possibility that (lore spoiler?) Lilith had taken the form of Adria at some point.
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 04:16 AMPosted by Hexxüs
And who was the !@#$% donor? Or did she have a magic spell for that?

Hmmm... is Leah really... a clone of Adria?!?
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 04:16 AMPosted by Hexxüs
No, Adria been long confirmed to appear in D3. Hell there's artwork for her.

"Leah, who is Cain's adopted neice (since the age of 8), is also the real daughter of Adria the Witch, from D1. In fact, throughout the gameplay, Leah takes you to Adria's Hut." - Sixen's D3 Press Event

So... in some twisted way this would make Adria Cain's younger sister?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
08/26/2011 12:27 PMPosted by Eroldren
No, Adria been long confirmed to appear in D3. Hell there's artwork for her.

"Leah, who is Cain's adopted neice (since the age of 8), is also the real daughter of Adria the Witch, from D1. In fact, throughout the gameplay, Leah takes you to Adria's Hut." - Sixen's D3 Press Event

So... in some twisted way this would make Adria Cain's younger sister?

Be sure to let Blizzard know that they're not allowed to make anymore artwork for Fenix anymore. Characters need to be alive and in the games in a non-cameo, non-flashback appearance in order to be worthy of receiving the aforementioned artwork, correct?

And just because they go to Adria's hut doesn't mean Adria is alive. Lol.

Reply Quote
d3 is getting closer I can just taste it now!
thanks for all the knowledge ...

is this stuff in the books?
Reply Quote
08/26/2011 07:24 PMPosted by Mischief
is this stuff in the books?
Stuff on Adria post-D1? No, just statements and artwork from Blizzard confirming she'll appear in D3. Though the upcoming Diablo III: Book of Cain may shed more light on this matter.
Reply Quote
I think Cain's hiding the fact that girl IS his daughter with Adria.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
08/27/2011 09:47 AMPosted by FiveTwelve

Oh. Oh god. The images in my mind that spawned.

Anyone got some brain-bleach?
Reply Quote
I highly doubt Adria is dead. She's the one corpse we didn't see in Tristram in DII after all, and the best equipped of the townspeople to escape alive.

Aside from Wirt and the blacksmith, they could say any of them survived, I suppose, since the corpses were unidentifiable piles of flesh, blood, and poo.
Reply Quote
In the beginning of the game, we are told that Adria is dead, which is why Leah was adopted by Cain. We travel to Adria's broken down hut.
08/29/2011 05:14 PMPosted by Sixen
In the beginning of the game, we are told that Adria is dead, which is why Leah was adopted by Cain.
Told in-game Adria dead or by Metzen in the minor Diablo lore recons and updates speech? Did Blizzard retracted the idea she makes a returning appearance or is that NPC/Quest rumors? BTW did anyone (or you yourself Sixen) else attending the press event make any transcription notes or did Blizzard bar you and allow the public wait for Beta?

08/29/2011 05:14 PMPosted by Sixen
We travel to Adria's broken down hut.
That would been the moment somewhere in the eight minute Press Event beta video:
    "Your mother's secrets are here." - Monk woman
    "People said she was a a witch but I never believed it." - Leah
Reply Quote
08/29/2011 03:40 PMPosted by Anciandra

Oh. Oh god. The images in my mind that spawned.

Anyone got some brain-bleach?

If you got to Act V you should listen to what Deckard Cain says about Anya.
Reply Quote
It would certainly be interesting to find out how Adria died. To my knowledge that's a pretty big missing piece to the puzzle.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh wow I remember her lol.

I saw a video that said your mother was a witch and it was her daughter and you having a conversation.

I cant wait to try this out if I get an invite
Reply Quote
(WARNING - D3 Beta Lore Spoilers) Did anyone catch what Leah mention regarding her father before reaching Adria's Hut, eh? Maybe somebody we might have known since the start...
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Druid
(Warning - Spoilers on top of what Eroldren said) Did anyone catch the name cain mentions when asking about him about The Skeleton King? Compare to events that occur around Adrias Hut.
Reply Quote
*SPOILER ALERT*
In beta videos it is Clear that Leah thinks her father is a "great warrior who died when tristram fell"... possibly the dark wanderer??? Tho the timeline doesn't quite add up for that...

In beta videos it shows Adria's journal making mention of her plans to leave before the darkness consumes Tristram... She's alive folks. Left the Daughter behind.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]