Diablo® III

What Became of Adria the witch from D1?

*SPOILER ALERT*
In beta videos it is Clear that Leah thinks her father is a "great warrior who died when tristram fell"... possibly the dark wanderer??? Tho the timeline doesn't quite add up for that...

I think there's quite a bit of merit to this. Based on Adria's journal, we know that "Aiden" came to her for guidance on what "lurked in his trouble heart". Considering that "Aiden" left Tristram just before the demons showed back up, it's a safe bet to say that we know the actual name of the Dark Wanderer. "Aiden" is also very close to Adria, based on the fact that he would even discuss with her the darkness growing inside him. It's completely possible that "Aiden" is actually Leah's father. The bit about him dieing while fighting demons would be true, the man himself would have been destroyed once Diablo fully consumed him and possessed his body.
Reply Quote
Adria's spoken lore mention's Aiden (The warrior, the wanderer, and retconned as Leoric's oldest son) seeking counsel or comfort through Adria.

Here's the kicker: If Adria had Aiden's child AFTER the soulstone was lodged in his cranium, what's to be said of Leah's parentage? Has Cain been secreting Leah away to keep her from the Triune or other demonic influence?

Is she the latest vessel for the Lord of Terror?

Reply Quote
It's an interesting side thought, but I'd point out two things. Leah any way ya slice it would already be a technical descendent of a demon through the lineage, and in addition to that, with the Worldstone's influence (at the very least changed) it would seem Diablo probably doesn't need a vessel this time around.
Reply Quote
Were the nephelem born just from Lillith and Inarius? Or did other angelic and demonic refugees do the dirty two step and make little nephies?

If i were to push the issue, I could mention things such as demonic concentration in regards to leah. Humans as of D3 are essentially imbred nephelem. Despite the fact the PC's are nephelem, would they be as (potentially) powerful as Bul-Kathos or Rathma?

The Diableah thing could also play into blizzard's favor in regards to the 20 year gap without demonic or angelic presence. She could easily be turned into a convenient macguffin for the Triune to get a hold of to resurrect Diablo. As far as I know, Leah will be the only Nephelem/Prime Evil coupling in Diablo lore.
I say that because Lillith isn't even considered a lesser evil-- despite the fact andariel, her daughter, is. The relevancy of the lesser/prime descriptor depends whether it is a measure of intrinsic or political power within the burning hells.

However, I embrace the concept of making Leah a keystone to the plot. I would be pissed if they turn her into an new and improved meatstone for manifesting Diablo back into sanctuary.
Reply Quote
Gotta say I'm definitely not keen on the concept of Leah being Diablo 3rd/4th possessed mortal. Nor her speculated King Leoric linage making her a possible Princess Leah or Queen Leah of Khanduras.

Though I'm sure through "Uncle" Deckard's upraising Leah won't be prune young adult to claiming such monarchy ambitions... Maybe she could become a respected towns leader of New Tristram and admired figure across Sanctuary, but I pray she'll never be embrace or made into royalty.
Reply Quote
09/10/2011 02:11 PMPosted by Eroldren
Princess Leah

Help me Tyrael, you're my only hope!

Reply Quote
09/10/2011 02:58 PMPosted by DarkPrince
Princess Leah

Help me Tyrael, you're my only hope!
Haha. Oh my, I never caught on to that! LOL.
Reply Quote
So let's say Cain is Belial, and his adopted niece is the daughter of Diablo...

Shenanigans!! :O
Reply Quote

Adria's spoken lore mention's Aiden (The warrior, the wanderer, and retconned as Leoric's oldest son) seeking counsel or comfort through Adria.

Here's the kicker: If Adria had Aiden's child AFTER the soulstone was lodged in his cranium, what's to be said of Leah's parentage? Has Cain been secreting Leah away to keep her from the Triune or other demonic influence?

Is she the latest vessel for the Lord of Terror?

Given some of the rather feminine traits of the latest Diablo concepts, I'd say the latest aspect of Diablo is more likely Leah than not. Lucky guess!?!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Big D's resurfacing in D3 could also be the result of heavenly forces saving Leah, splitting Diablo out of her to be dealt with and not killing her.
Though I could also see some interesting story potential in them considering her as an acceptable casualty, and in trying to kill her + the last remnants of Diablo accidentally tirgger his emergence.
Reply Quote
On the one hand, Bloodraven seemed more like Aiden's type, If he wanted a Quick comfort, I would have thought Gillian the Barmaid would have been the person to go to.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
She became the end boss of Act1 in Diablo 3. She is making an effort to expose Cain as the lord of lies. Cain has us kill her. These events set the stage for act2
Reply Quote
I could see Agewynn (from WarCraft) pulling a stunt like this (She's got 'Headstrong' tatooed on her forehead) With all the insight Adria has given us, It seems like she should have known better. Even before Aiden jammed the soulstone into his head, He was already turning into a Hellknight. (OK It's said by the time your character reaches the lower levels he's already under Diablo's control, and I think any warrior that's under Ds control IS a Hellknight)

"Hey, he seems a bit moody and unstable, and spends his nights screaming about the East, I'll conceive a child with this guy, what's the worse that could happen?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]