Diablo® III

Blue or red lasers? And other DH Aesthetics.

So in the broll footage, the 'rapid fire' style attack was an awful looking blue pew pew thing. No attacks caused lighting changes and a lot of skills (magma arrow, grenades, shuriken, bola) were either bizarre or meh looking.

The recently released skill video gives me much more hope. More subdued violet and red effects, nicer looking explosions and definately a more 'demon' style feel.

Day 1 DH here, really hoping this class retains it's gothic/steampunk feel. Lots of deep crimson lights, black steel and gadgets.

So - what are your thoughts on what we have seen this far? What do you want to see?
Reply Quote
I think the demon form (from the skills video) was rather inferior to the wizard's beast form and the barb's goin saiyan form.
Irregardless... it still looked amazing.

In every game I play, unless I'm making a tank class; I ALWAYS choose the female gender, no particular reason... they're just typically what i choose.

The female demon hunter, looks atrocious... perhaps it's only the certain sets i've seen so far; but i feel like the male demon hunter looks BAD A$$, and the female is barely reaching "cool".

Every "demon hunter" female archetype you've ever seen in a game or video or movie has always been also super "seductive". I feel this would amp up the female's overall feel of being awesome.
Reply Quote
the blue rapid fire is awesome what do you mean awful.
Reply Quote

Day 1 DH here, really hoping this class retains it's gothic/steampunk feel. ?

Gothic kid, go back to your scream'o/metal band!

Eh, not the 'black lipstick and nails' gothic. Like...oldschool gothic. Victorian era, gargoyles, wrought iron, steam etc.
Reply Quote
09/02/2011 05:32 AMPosted by Starbird
Eh, not the 'black lipstick and nails' gothic. Like...oldschool gothic. Victorian era, gargoyles, wrought iron, steam etc.

That's what I'm talking about right there, and anyone who immediatly hears gothic and thinks black lipstick and teen angst needs to gtfo the forums for a "Gothic RPG and Dungeon crawler" I mean come on bro at least understand what he means before you rip on his style. This game needs to be dark, blacks and reds with purple flair. That's for the demon hunter and act one though... I'd like to see some bright red blood on the sands later on.
Reply Quote
09/04/2011 03:14 PMPosted by StonedPuppy

That's what I'm talking about right there, and anyone who immediatly hears gothic and thinks black lipstick and teen angst needs to gtfo the forums for a "Gothic RPG and Dungeon crawler" I mean come on bro at least understand what he means before you rip on his style. This game needs to be dark, blacks and reds with purple flair. That's for the demon hunter and act one though... I'd like to see some bright red blood on the sands later on.

/bow.

Bingo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]