Diablo® III

DH with javelins?

this may be a stupid question but i just wanted to get all doubt gone...

are DH going to be able to use Javelins at all? or are they strictly bow / crossbow?

are there even javelins in the game currently?
Reply Quote
As far as i know the demon hunters can use more weapons then just bows... that being said they are the best with bows being the only class to dual wield pistol crossbows. All the classes will have their preferred weapons but can use others too.

As for restrictions I'm not sure... like the class specific weapons of D2, And the Javelin... anybodies guess because nothing overly specific has been released on items yet
Reply Quote
It should play out like D2, there's no reason you cant use most weapons in the game but each class would have a personal weapon like assassins used to get claws and barbarians, druids and necromancers had their own personal helmets they could wear for bonus stats. I'm willing to bet the DH will get the same thing with the dual crossbows. But I cant see why they wouldn't allow you to use javelins, I just don't think there will be any skills associated with them for you to use.
Reply Quote
09/04/2011 03:41 PMPosted by StonedPuppy
It should play out like D2, there's no reason you cant use most weapons in the game but each class would have a personal weapon like assassins used to get claws and barbarians, druids and necromancers had their own personal helmets they could wear for bonus stats. I'm willing to bet the DH will get the same thing with the dual crossbows. But I cant see why they wouldn't allow you to use javelins, I just don't think there will be any skills associated with them for you to use.
Reply Quote
if the DH isn't using crossbows it would look weird or be impossible for some of the abilities to work. rapid fire with a javelin?
Reply Quote
I believe that may depend more upon whether or not javelins are even in the game. Weapons like Spears, Polearms, thrown weapons, exploding potions (although the witch doctor firebomb skill is very similar), and weaponry of the orient (save for the staff) haven't made an appearance in any of the gameplay videos I've seen.

Guns have never appeared in any diablo game... Prolly would unbalance the monk though.
Reply Quote
There are javelins in the game - I picked one up just last night. I didn't attempt to equip on my DH though - I'll try that next time.
Reply Quote
I think Javelins for now are a fit for the Templar Follower. Maybe there'll be a class in expansions like Gladiator or something like that, that will be proficient with javelins. But Demon Hunters using javelins seems unlikely to be viable later on, since the class is heavily focused on ranged weaponry and traps.
Reply Quote
lol gladiators would be badass. Barb/DH hybrid... SPARTAAA
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
09/10/2011 01:27 AMPosted by foojoo
lol gladiators would be badass. Barb/DH hybrid... SPARTAAA

Gladiators are from Rome :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]