Diablo® III

SCAM email are LIVE.

Hi,

Just sharing my experience with a Scam e-mail.

I received an e-mail 2 days ago about my WoW account, saying it was stolen and being sold illegaly and that i needed to log-in into my >>BATTLE.NET<< account to confirm it was mine and reset my password. ( There was a link )

Thing is i never, ever played WoW nor tried it.

So SCAM emails may not be Diablo 3 related but they try to steal your BATTLE.NET account.

Watch out ya'll :)

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well that gives them something else to do rather then spam Stormwind with gold selling BS/
Edited by Ruport on 8/31/2011 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Personally, its the Winged Guardian scam mail I tend to get the most of
Reply Quote
fortunately windows live mail seems to put ALL fake blizzard emails into the junk folder for me, no idea tho if a real beta invite will go there.

yeah lol i keep getting WoW account stolen emails too, im too poor to afford WoW.
Reply Quote
just got a couple scam emails today in my email thought id share them so people know what to look for, it came to my wife's email cause it is set as a secondary for our main email, i proceeded to sending it to my personal email and upon opening the forwarded email it reveled what you couldn't see in the original sent to the secondary email address, hope this helps.

<<removed>>
Sent: Wed, Sep 19, 2012 7:27 am
Subject: Blizzard Notification About Diablo III Account

Greetings!
It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
<<removed>>
Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.
* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,
Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support/
Diablo III , Blizzard Entertainment 2012

this is a direct copy from my email so dont click links......, it dont show the images that came up after it was forwarded either but it was a bunch of what appears to be Asian lettering with a Asian female holding a all day sucker with a cheesy smile on her face.
Edited by Lylirra on 11/9/2012 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
I got one of these about a year ago. Funny thing being I hadn't had an installed Blizzard game since I stopped playing D2 sometime during the first ladder. I have long learned, that getting any of these emails from any company should be a red flag. I have never had a legit email that asks for my log-in information.
Reply Quote
same email to me but the link goes to here...
<<removed>>

and it looks like the battle.net login page
Edited by Lylirra on 11/9/2012 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just got one that took me here:
<<removed>>
Edited by Lylirra on 11/9/2012 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Please don't post the links you've received in phishing emails on the forums, guys (and ladies). That only put other players' accounts at risk if they happen to follow them. :)

What you can do -- besides just deleting them outright -- is to forward them onto hacks@blizzard.com. You can also look at ways to ramp up your email security, as that may help prevent you from receiving these kinds of emails in the first place.

(More info on phishing emails can be found here.)
Reply Quote
email were bound to happen once blizzard got hacked alittle while ago
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/09/2012 03:13 PMPosted by gaud
email were bound to happen once blizzard got hacked alittle while ago

These phish emails have been around for years. Though I've yet to receive one myself.

Knock on wood.
Edited by Bird#1227 on 11/9/2012 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I get'em all the time.

That and some !@#$%ian Prince always wants to give me money.

edit= Ni-gerian dang you swear filter.
Edited by BLACKKETYL#1917 on 11/9/2012 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
These phish emails have been around for years.

This. I thought everyone knew about these by now.

If you use hotmail they have a trusted sender flag that will appear to let you know this email is as legit as it gets. It looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/hkkLR.png

Real Blizzard emails get them too. Never be fooled by phishers again.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
Why do people still make these threads
Reply Quote
I keep getting Phising Mails like that all day long...
Funny part is...they keep sending them to the wrong EMail Adress :D

No Battlenet account attached there buddys^^
Reply Quote
Just wanted to mention this: I used to forward all Blizzard scam mails to hacks@blizzard.com, as Lylirra mentions. That actually got me in trouble with my mail provider, as they thought I was involved in spamming. So now I try to forward when I see something I haven't seen before.
That said, I've yet to receive any scam mail for Diablo. It's mostly been WoW.
Reply Quote
same email to me but the link goes to here...
<<removed>>

and it looks like the battle.net login page

Wow, you know or have a strong suspicion that it's a scam/phishing site, yet you go to it anyway and then paste the link in the forums. GG humanity.
Reply Quote
haha...got the exact same scam mail a week ago... just ignored it... coz they sent it to my other email which is non related to diablo 3 LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]