Diablo® III

Left-handed Wielding

Dear Blizzard,

There has been a huge lack of left-handed heroes in games. While it is purely an aesthetic feature, it is a beautiful little detail that has been overlooked for years that can make players feel a little more personalized to their liking. Even if it meant making mirror-imaged heroes, I feel this minor detail could put a smile on more of your faithful followers.

If it doesn't make it in the game, I'm not going to complain or whine; I trust your judgement and your focus on more important details and nuances. It is simply a little bit of extra polish to what is shaping into a beautiful game, and it would certainly be appreciated by people in their right minds.

Loyally yours,

Giraffasaur
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You should play wow. There's plenty of roleplaying servers for players just like you.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I agree Giraff. Being a lefty myself and always growing up playing games with right handed heroes, having this small feature will help bring that little bit of personalization to our characters.
Reply Quote
09/01/2011 10:05 AMPosted by Stri
You should play wow. There's plenty of roleplaying servers for players just like you.
I respectfully decline. I have no interest in playing World of Warcraft. This is a Diablo thread. I'm talking about Diablo.
Reply Quote
Even if they just mirrored all the art, I imagine this could take considerable work.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Shaman
LoZ anyone?
Reply Quote
09/01/2011 10:15 AMPosted by Kazlab
LoZ anyone?
Even the Hero of Time is now a righty. Check out the Wii version of Twilight Princess or the upcoming Skyward Sword.

But I digress. We're talking about Diablo. >.<
Edited by Giraffasaur on 9/1/2011 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/01/2011 10:05 AMPosted by Stri

Roleplaying? You do realize that left handed people aren't a myth. We are out there.

And we'll fine you...
Reply Quote
Who really cares about left handed people? Get back under your rocks where you belong.

And for those of you without a sense of humor (this is a Blizzard forum, I know you're lurking), that was obvious a jest. If they have time, why not, assuming it doesn't make them have to do a ton of new animations.
Reply Quote
Really? People are complaining about this now? Wow...
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
You want to hold up the release of D3 so your character can be left handed...

Nobody is left or right handed, they just need practice. I'm entirely ambidextrous through sheer practice. (actually didn't take that long.)
Reply Quote
09/01/2011 01:47 PMPosted by Outclassed
You want to hold up the release of D3 so your character can be left handed...
Did I ever say I wanted to hold up the game? Of course not. If it takes a long time, then obviously no. As I mentioned in my original post, I was asking if it could be done as a minor change. I'm not asking to change the entire game. I'm asking to add an aesthetic nuance for a little more customization, even if it meant simply mirroring what they've already created (which means they wouldn't have to recreate every single animation for the opposite hand). In other words, I'm voicing my opinion on an idea that could be cool. Isn't that the purpose of forums? To discuss and share ideas?

09/01/2011 01:47 PMPosted by Outclassed
Nobody is left or right handed, they just need practice. I'm entirely ambidextrous through sheer practice. (actually didn't take that long.)
While that's pretty awesome, that has no relevance pertaining to in-game aesthetics.
Edited by Giraffasaur on 9/2/2011 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fine us for what?

For double parking.
Reply Quote
09/01/2011 01:24 PMPosted by Kain
Who really cares about left handed people? Get back under your rocks where you belong.

Well, you're just being...uh....handist?

Anyway, here's what I do; I go into my Nvidia settings and I invert the image horizontally. That way EVERYONE is left handed.

Makes it kinda hard to read text though.

.slliks gnidaer drawkcab ym ecitcarp attoG
Edited by Myth on 9/2/2011 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]