Diablo® III

There will be no beta "keys"

(Locked)

I could have swore there used to be a FAQ page detailing a lot of questions about the beta that disappeared. (ie things which would have made this post obviously incorrect and irrelevant).

It was mostly a blue page, and accessed through some sort of drop down thing kinda like the where the Auction Hall stuff is.
Edited by Spiffytastic on 9/2/2011 5:02 PM PDT
So if there ARE going to be some keys, is blizzard going to be doing the same thing with diablo 3 as happened with sc2, where people in the beta got some keys to invite some friends into the beta as well?
If I get an extra key i'll post a thread on who wants it and the first reply will get it.My friends can just come over and play with me . I don't care to share
Edited by ShakeLife on 9/2/2011 5:06 PM PDT
From what I recall, the only "keys" they've talked about would be for the Blizcon 2010 lucky 1000.
Those definitely referenced the ability / requirement of creating a battle.net account and associating the key.

Wether the F&F, or closed public beta will use keys or just magically appear for those who already have battle.net accounts setup is anyone's guess.
Edited by Spiffytastic on 9/2/2011 5:09 PM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
i heard if you leave your chat gem set on pink, it increases your chance of receiving a beta key by 50%
It's not that simple, you have to blink all the prime numbers from 1 to 7919.
I wish blizz will just go ahead and start it
09/02/2011 05:17 PMPosted by Uzziel
i heard if you leave your chat gem set on pink, it increases your chance of receiving a beta key by 50%

this works 60% of the time 30% of the time
Can't you see Blizzard that we are thousands of people waiting for only the BETA to be released!!(and we know we might not be in it)
Don't make us wait till the 30 september..!
I hope there is a new blue/pink gem item in Diablo 3. I think things like that really help to make a rounded game that people can't stop talking about.

Everyone here and all of my friends still talk about Diablo 2 so I can't wait to see what will be released.
45 Worgen Warrior
09/02/2011 04:21 PMPosted by Bashiok
automagically

Made my day
Wether the F&F, or closed public beta will use keys or just magically appear for those who already have battle.net accounts setup is anyone's guess.
Friends and Family will not be keys. They're activated just like the opt-in. It's just not done randomly, or "as" randomly (however they actually do opt-in selections)
Edited by Wingbane on 9/2/2011 11:04 PM PDT
Not entirely true, there will be some circumstances where we'll be sending out keys.

Either way though it's best to not click on any links in any emails you receive, and instead type in www.battle.net, log in, click on Account in the upper right, and either verify that you were automagically granted with a beta license, or attempt to redeem the key you were sent if that's the case.

The vast majority of email scams exist around attempting to trick you into clicking a fake link. No matter how real it looks, there's no reason to click any links in the emails we'll be sending out.

As a reminder, we haven't begun sending out invites yet, but we'll let you know when we do.

Why bother sending links in official emails then? Adopt a new policy for advising customers to just manually enter URL's or make use of bookmarks. Sacrificing security for convenience? Or is this just a simple case of industry standard?
It won't help to say that blizzard should not put a link in their E-Mail to battle.net , because their link will be good, and has no effect on what the phishers put in their E-Mails, so it would not improve security.
Edited by Zanthra on 9/3/2011 2:19 AM PDT
09/03/2011 02:17 AMPosted by Zanthra
It won't help to say that blizzard should not put a link in their E-Mail to battle.net , because their link will be good, and has no effect on what the phishers put in their E-Mails, so it would not improve security.

You totally missed on my post, try again. Keywords 'new policy'.
I cant say manually entering the URL would make too much of a difference if the website itself is "poisoned" for lack of a better word. I mean yes you wouldn't be downloading right away and it may give you a moment of reprieve and some form of added protection for the scanners to kick in but you're still hitting up the wrong URL if it's a bad email. Bashiok has never steered us wrong before just come to the blizzard site and check everything out if you wake up one morning to find Santa came in the fall with your beta key.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]