Diablo® III

There will be no beta "keys"

(Locked)

09/03/2011 11:50 AMPosted by StonedPuppy
I cant say manually entering the URL would make too much of a difference if the website itself is "poisoned" for lack of a better word. I mean yes you wouldn't be downloading right away and it may give you a moment of reprieve and some form of added protection for the scanners to kick in but you're still hitting up the wrong URL if it's a bad email. Bashiok has never steered us wrong before just come to the blizzard site and check everything out if you wake up one morning to find Santa came in the fall with your beta key.

You people make no sense. Are you all just arguing just for arguments sake? Manually enter URL's, always double check your domains before entering private information, use bookmarks to help alleviate typos. These are good browsing habits to help secure your accounts. I just don't understand why Blizzard is providing links inside emails just to turn around and tell ppl to enter addresses manually...

I got my sc2 beta key as follows:

received a "friend invite" beta key from a buddy containing a code.

logged onto battle.net and entered that code

sc2 beta client became "automagically" (as Bashiok put it :D) available on my battle.net account

downloaded sc2 via battle.net client.
cant wait for blizzcon, bet they are going to reveal all kinds of goodies
09/02/2011 04:21 PMPosted by Bashiok
Either way though it's best to not click on any links in any emails you receive, and instead type in www.battle.net, log in, click on Account in the upper right, and either verify that you were automagically granted with a beta license, or attempt to redeem the key you were sent if that's the case.

"automagically"

I love it. Automatically just became an obsolete word in my dictionary and thesaurus.

Please put me down on that automagic list for a key, I would be very grateful and play the beta every spare moment I have until release day. :-D
so for the friends and family jawn. is that happening on first wave? with a nice website on blizz acount that allows me to type in emails of friends and fam id like? something of that sort?
25 Night Elf Druid
09/04/2011 11:17 AMPosted by Batmon
so for the friends and family jawn. is that happening on first wave? with a nice website on blizz acount that allows me to type in emails of friends and fam id like? something of that sort?

No.

Friends and families of Blizzard employees.
Sounds good. Hopefully this means release is not too far ahead!
i’ve been a huge fan of Diablo since like the beginning of time ha
I’m really looking forward to playing Diablo 3, and i’m not too sure i’ll end up getting a beta key. i’m running on a mac right now and i’m sorta worried it won’t run properly on a mac. just gotta see how it goes i suppose
if i get an invite or a key, ill prolly fail all of my classes cuz ill be up all night playing lmao so maybe its a good thing that some people dont get invited :D
Not entirely true, there will be some circumstances where we'll be sending out keys.

Either way though it's best to not click on any links in any emails you receive, and instead type in www.battle.net, log in, click on Account in the upper right, and either verify that you were automagically granted with a beta license, or attempt to redeem the key you were sent if that's the case.

The vast majority of email scams exist around attempting to trick you into clicking a fake link. No matter how real it looks, there's no reason to click any links in the emails we'll be sending out.

As a reminder, we haven't begun sending out invites yet, but we'll let you know when we do.

So there will be beta keys? Please PM me with the cost of a beta key, and I'm assuming Paypal will work for you? ;)
to double your chances of getting a beta you need 2 things

1 2 battlenet accounts
2 2 computers with diffrent specs

i myself have 4 comps : )
3 have diffrent specs
the 4th im updating tuesday with a new graphics card (gtx 500 series)

im hopefull : )

That's simple they can check your IP, guess what unless you have each PC at a different place they can know it's still you.
72 Goblin Mage
are you actually guna let us know?

its like not if u didnt get invited to a party you live right next door to. all the fun coming through the was makes you sad face
Awww yeah. I be ready for some beta.
to double your chances of getting a beta you need 2 things

1 2 battlenet accounts
2 2 computers with diffrent specs

i myself have 4 comps : )
3 have diffrent specs
the 4th im updating tuesday with a new graphics card (gtx 500 series)

im hopefull : )

That's simple they can check your IP, guess what unless you have each PC at a different place they can know it's still you.

Well you can always tether to your phone to get at least a second IP address. The big problem is that you need to have at least a game added to your account in order to opt in, and I'm guessing most people already have all their games registered to one account.
Edited by Ryan on 9/5/2011 3:38 PM PDT
im guessing there computers are going to be doing most the picking and ip addresses are not going to have nothing to do with it......im sure they will select certain ones that will receieve beta keys...but my guess is they will target any system that they feel need to be checked for compatibility regardless of ip.

my lil boy turns 5 wensday he would go ape shi@t to be able to play the game ....

i hope he gets it : )
I smell a storm'a cookin'
I hope i have a shot at least
87 Worgen Death Knight
Im sure its a randomized system that will pick from all battlenet account minus the big name players that are running fansites thar have constantly been keeping us updated on what's new in the diablo world. Good luck to everyone on getting keys.
85 Human Death Knight
i want a key ;) that would be sweet. i been ready for this game sense i beat diablo II and LOD !! :)
85 Human Death Knight
hopefully they look at the blizzard account usage, and put that into consideration ! :) im sure they want some testers that like to play 24/7 :))
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]