Diablo® III

When does Book of Cain come out?

85 Worgen Warrior
Me want to know!
Reply Quote
For US according to Amazon before taken down after the leak it was November 15th of this year! Other countries vary from November though December.
Reply Quote
At SDCC they said it would be out near the release of the game. So if the game gets delayed to next year the book will most likely get a push back as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Mind my ignorance, but what is this "Book of Cain" Novel about by chance? Least that's what I'm assuming it is. To more detail to the question. It like Cain's diary, a tale of his life, note and things he has found and researched as of recent D3 to discover what Hell is up to?

I'd imagine I could look this up, but perhaps to see some information of this new book the new Diablo fans (suppose more or less myself as well) will want them to dig further into the story that I'm coming to enjoy.
Reply Quote
The Book of Cain is basically a art/source book. It will have a bunch of art work in it as well as a lot of entries from Cain's journal explaining the events of D1 up until right before D3 from his perspective. So it will be summing up D1 and D2 and explain what's been going on in the 20 years in between the ending of D2 and beginning for D3.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ah! Sounds very awesome, perhaps will come with the D3 collector's edition *crosses fingers for extra loot*
Reply Quote
09/03/2011 02:04 AMPosted by Thalend
Ah! Sounds very awesome, perhaps will come with the D3 collector's edition *crosses fingers for extra loot*

Based on the history of 'prelude' books released by Blizzard. It is safe to say it will not be part of the Collector's Edition for Diablo III.

Starcraft II: Heaven's Devils was not in SCII CE
The Shattering was not in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm CE
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh well. Whatever the case, hopefully some very nice art in there!
Reply Quote
09/03/2011 09:28 AMPosted by Gnosis

Based on the history of 'prelude' books released by Blizzard. It is safe to say it will not be part of the Collector's Edition for Diablo III.

Starcraft II: Heaven's Devils was not in SCII CE
The Shattering was not in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm CE
Just to note all these latest pre-Blizzard promotional novels first released as hardbacks, then the smaller softbacks come about a year latter. Book of Cain could fit in the CE set maybe being 144 pages verses typical novel of 400 pages worth though I don't know what the size figures are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]